Recruiting Football Talk VII

They'll make sure they get the matchup they want. I bet its uconn and Purdue in the title game. Its been the Edey show all year and they want to see him in the title game. Its as bad as wrestlemania, college sports are sports entertainment now. Money and the networks have ruined college athletics. Rant over, sorry. I'm just mad and very disappointed we didn't get a fair whistle today.
This was basically a fixed game..

I’ll miss this team a lot. Knecht and also our super seniors in JJJ and Vescovi. It’ll be hard to find a more lovable group than this one.
I feel for Santi...he completely lost his shooting ability when he and the team needed it the most...I can't remember ever seeing a guy go from being a really good shooter to a absolute brick mason in one year like he did.

It had to be in his head...like the yips in golf.

I feel for Santi...he completely lost his shooting ability when he and the team needed it the most...I can't remember ever seeing a guy go from being a really good shooter to a absolute brick mason in one year like he did.

It had to be in his head...like the yips in golf.
It's like it started with his trip home gor his grandma's funeral (or grandpa)

Maybe the only time I wish we had a “Draymond Green” to put Edey on his butt. The criminal officiating in favor of him is just so infuriating.
Plavsic. I said it in November after the first game. Uros Plavsic would be a nightmare for Edey. Same weight just 2 inches shorter. He's the only player who could've pressured Edey when we are on offense.

hindsight is 20/20, but maybe we thought Estrella would be more ready day 1. You have to think if you told this staff last spring when Edey returned that we'd play Purdue in the NCAA tournament they would have done everything to keep Uros.

I don’t understand the criticism of Barnes after today. I’m a realist on Rick and his ceiling, but he absolutely coached a game to get us to the Final Four today. We got an A+ performance from DK and nothing better than a B- performance from every other player on the team. ZZ played his guts out but his shooting was just off. It happens. Aidoo and Vesco were complete no-shows, JJJ, Mashack, and Awaka played hard on defense but combined for 12 points between the three of them. All that and having to fight uphill against the Mongolian Stomper and his magical force field that keeps him from committing fouls.

People are fools

Florida, Texas and Indiana (to name a few) haven’t been consistently relevant for years after losing top coaches

I have no reason to believe Tennessee will do better than them

Just enjoy the winning program you have!
Barnes should stay as long as he likes. The program is top 10 as it stands now. You don’t hear much in the way of players being in trouble either. It will break through at some point.

It's like it started with his trip home gor his grandma's funeral (or grandpa)
Maybe...it is the weirdest thing I've see in a long time though.

Being a shooter is a talent that can be sharpened or dulled to a degree...but imo it is an innate ability for the most part. Santi has been a really good shooter since he got here...until this year...he just completely lost it.

Plavsic. I said it in November after the first game. Uros Plavsic would be a nightmare for Edey. Same weight just 2 inches shorter. He's the only player who could've pressured Edey when we are on offense.

hindsight is 20/20, but maybe we thought Estrella would be more ready day 1. You have to think if you told this staff last spring when Edey returned that we'd play Purdue in the NCAA tournament they would have done everything to keep Uros.
With the calls today Plavic would have 5 minutes of game time and 5 fouls…but he would have been one to make them count for sure.

VN Store

Back