Recruiting Football Talk VII

I understand the anxiety. It can really get to a person. You know as well as me that the travel world is high pressure. Doesn't even feel fun at times.

My middle turns 9 tomorrow and I've held off to this point. It's his favorite sport and he's pretty good at it, so I know it's coming. I wish I knew when the right time was.

I hope that it works out for him soon!
It’s hard to know what to do…. my son started at 9 but it was really just advanced little league instead of true travel ball… Even now….we only travel for one big tourney which is in Florida. His tourneys are more advanced now but they are within 2 hours of home.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, as @LA Vol hinted, nobody in the admin seems to want to take the lead in forcing a change.

And that’s what happens when you hire an alum. And it can make the separation more painful.

I hate it for Harper too, but it definitely needs to be done. And hopefully it’s on good terms.
Not this year. Not unless she wants to move on, which indications are, she does not.

Andraya Carter picked Purdue to win Midwest bracket.

Thought she was a Vol ..
tony-soprano-the-sopranos.gif

Santi dealt with an injury this year, which affected his shooting. But it just seems mental now. Maybe he's worn down from the grind and school and being so far away from home. He just spent a week with his family, and that didn't seem to help much. We'll see if he has one last sprint in him.
He is passing up some good shots and taking some bad ones. That definately looks mental to me. I think they should scheme him open early in an effort to boost him..

Prediction for FF teams

East. Iowa State
South. Kentucky Wildcats
West. Arizona Wildcats
Midwest. Tennessee Volunteers

Semifinals
Arizona beats Iowa State
Tennessee beats Kentucky

National Championship Game
Tennessee defeats Arizona in their on Home state.
I know nothing about Iowa State. Hardly even knew they were supposed to be so good.

Andraya Carter picked Purdue to win Midwest bracket.

Thought she was a Vol ..
In general, UT alums seem to make great effort to not be homers. Draya, Maddie Shipman, Tamika Catchings, Chris Burke and Courtney Lyle are very impartial. Dane Bradshaw is a little more homerish. And then there's Finebaum-- the anti-homer.

Prediction for FF teams

East. Iowa State
South. Kentucky Wildcats
West. Arizona Wildcats
Midwest. Tennessee Volunteers

Semifinals
Arizona beats Iowa State
Tennessee beats Kentucky

National Championship Game
Tennessee defeats Arizona in their on Home state.
BOOM!!!

Santi dealt with an injury this year, which affected his shooting. But it just seems mental now. Maybe he's worn down from the grind and school and being so far away from home. He just spent a week with his family, and that didn't seem to help much. We'll see if he has one last sprint in him.
It has been a season long hustle by Santi. Purposely acting like he has forgotten how to score the basketball. Teams all tournament will scout to leave him wide-open. He is actually making 80% of his 3's in practice and will unleash holy terror on everyone all tournament. He is playing chess, not checkers! National Champs!

He is passing up some good shots and taking some bad ones. That definately looks mental to me. I think they should scheme him open early in an effort to boost him..
I think they've tried everything. This is it. Coaches, sports psych, teammates and family can only do so much. He has so much support. He either finds it in himself or he doesn't.

VN Store

Back