Recruiting Football Talk VII

Everyone is saying they found nothing. The feeble few suckling at the teat of the NCAA are only citing Spyre, Nico, and the jet. Mars already made that public as can be. In the end some few corrupt, naive, or holier than though will beat a drum that what spyre was doing was impermissible. Most of the educated detractors have only stated we were too public. In the end the line is drawn in the town square.

What Donde, Mars, White, and the TN AG have all done is told the the world that those without sin should pickup the first stone. As it was in the Bible, the crowd is very very very silent.
The guys on the podcast were saying they would be shocked if NCAA had anything, as most people within the administration are saying they have nothing on them. But I’m just curious if maybe there’s something we don’t know, or something that people behind the scenes are suspecting outside of the NIL stuff.

Hey now. Without YouTube, I wouldn't have so easily known how to repair my car, the microwave, the washing machine, the shower diverter, and much, much more.
I watch YouTube content 2-3 times more than traditional...there are just so many good creators out there doing great travel, history, science, outdoors, hunting and fishing stuff.

As did our percentages of winning in Rupp Saturday night. <5% chance now probably. The corrupt SEC refs will be out in full force in corRUPPt arena for that game.

Why in the world would they want UK to win? Vols in 4th and a better chance to win the conference and get a better seed.

It just wouldn’t make sense.

The guys on the podcast were saying they would be shocked if NCAA had anything, as most people within the administration are saying they have nothing on them. But I’m just curious if maybe there’s something we don’t know, or something that people behind the scenes are suspecting outside of the NIL stuff.
Less than a 0% chance Jimmy Hoffa is in the trunk with an effort this loud and coordinated.

Why in the world would they want UK to win? Vols in 4th and a better chance to win the conference and get a better seed.

It just wouldn’t make sense.
Hell will freeze over before Tennessee gets out of Rump Arena with a victory..

Kentucky is a Blue Blood, that they need in tournament.

Game will be close but Im like others don't believe Refs let Tennessee win ,it's fluent..

Also I don't complain about officials but I'm not stupid either this game is a no win situation.

Both teams coming off a loss, no way the SEC lets Kentucky lose 2 in a row at Rupp Arena.

Last edited:
Dear NCAA--

Just a reminder: you picked the hill.

Regards,
Tennessee
This is awesome!!!! I have a feeling we are gonna see one by one players from our roster continuing to make this declaration against the NCAA to testify. This is glorious! Our great university alone is going to take down the NCAA, and I’m here for it!

Hell will freeze over before Tennessee gets out of Rump Arena with a victory..

Kentucky is a Blue Blood, that they need in tournament.

Game will be close but Im like others don't believe Refs let Tennessee win ,it's fluent..

Also I don't complain about officials but I'm not stupid either this game is a no win situation.

Both teams coming off a loss, no way the SEC let's Kentucky lose 2 in a row at Rupp Arena.

Over the last few years UK has lost to ARK, Vandy, USCe at home. This year alone they’ve lost to UNCW (much more damage done than losing to a top 10 UT team would do) and FL (unranked team) at Rupp.

Did the conspiracy take a few nights off?

I want to focus on two items:

1) What Spyre/UT knew to be true at that time.

2) Immoral totalitarian organization.

Did Spyre and UT vet everything they did at that time, through a legal team? If as they say, we were the standard bearers to NIL and Collectives, how then does it follow to punish just us - when as you say everyone else follows Spyre? It is a fact that the NCAA has lauded us as prototype for NCAA cooperation. How then, does it follow that said group(s) can be punished; again? My point is that UTK is singled out. It is being harassed, doubly because a struggling entity with too broad a paint brush feels slighted, feels irrelevant, and is too proud to admit its wrong doing, and complete and total failure, period. End of story:

2- That broad paint brush, with its venerable leader have too long sat on a throne like a King, giving his opinion with too many rules or structure.
And absolutely helter skelter enforcement. How can you be a well funded, respected organization who defines itself as in support of student athletes, and supporting their NIL? If you are constantly changing the rules after the fact. That includes punitive measures, to a school that followed the rules at the time it happened!

This is nothing short of gaslighting, or attempt to shift blame in a reverse manner. Tennessee has done everything it can within reason to open dialogue. What else can it do?

Shifting that blame, and scrambling the jets to enforcement are weak measures. It is my hope that a Court will step back and do right thing and support athletes' rights.

NCAA couldve easily looked other way, or, actually said 'TN dont do that again, bc it is wrong NOW.' 'We appreciate you helping to define and stabilize something we failed to help standardize, and now its caused a mess.' 'Consider this slap on the wrist, but if it happens again there will be repercussions.'

There is little logic to any of this. And it is going to be ugly for all CS.
The thing is and it is an overlooked fact by literally everybody discussing this..if the schools did follow that stupid rule IF it had already been in place...then hundreds of players would file a class action and destroy the NCAA anyway.

The states and courts were abundantly obvious that they were not going to let anybody screw with these kids anymore...those days were over, and it makes this whole thing absolutely stupid.

Last edited:
No, he's not.

Wolken sees the swell of public support for Tennessee and our our position, and is responding by trying to turn fans against us. You should try to not be the kind of person who falls for it.
Nothing to do with UT.

I'm saying NiL is 100% a tax on fans that unis should be paying and the schools and ncaa are full of crap avoiding paying as they should.

While idk about collective bargaining specifically - I 100% think contracts are a must-need and the end game in all of this.

The current scheme of transfer freedom and lack of nil uniformity isn't sustainable.

Maybe, didn't think this way til @Ulysees E. McGill poisoned my mind..

Now when Baseball season starts, conspiracy window should be closed down ..

On the surface it would make sense. But like I said they’ve lost to 2 teams at home that hurt their résumé much worse than a loss to Vols would. Losing Sat doesn’t hurt them at all.

But I feel you. Should be a fun game to watch!

Reactions: knoxvol52
The thing is andvus an overlooked fact by literally everybody discussing this..if the schools did follow that stupid rule IF it had already been in place...then hundreds of players would file a class action and destroy the NCAA anyway.

The states and courts were abundantly obvious that they were not going to let anybody screw with these kids anymore...those days were over, and it makes this whole thing absolutely stupid.
ESPECIALLY when the Courts have set precedence. Case law is how this thing works. Most judgeships are publicly elected, granted maybe not in Federal System as appointees. But, politics is still in place. No one wants to be that guy.

VN Store

Back