Recruiting Football Talk VII

Ok. More important topic. Which commercial is more annoying. The Obese girl taking a pill for Diabetes instead of dropping some weight, or the millionaire actress screaming hold at her husband about selling a used car?
They’re both awful but people singing and dancing about taking a diabetes pill is over the top stupid for me.

Nope...it would look like Joe's version. Both were decent QBs..not bad but not great either..with similar attributes and flaws.
you are comparing Ter under the old rules in Pro formation…. No way would Joe have started until cutcliffe unless forced to do so…. Tee would surprise us if he got to play in a spread out offense that limited decision making and didn’t make him force passes into tight windows… It was a different era back then… Josh Heupel finished 2nd in the Heisman completing 64% of his passes 20 TDs and 14 ints…. His ypa attempt was similar to Joes and the rating on ESPN had Joe as the higher rated qb.

Peerless Price though. . .
There are tons of Vol great WRs I would give my right nut to see play in this offense...can you just imagine Carl Pickens...Willie Gault...Tim Mcgee...on and on and on...OMG it would be sooo awesome..I hope more big time WRs start jumping in. Can't wait to see Matthews and Brazzell...😳

Nico is fluid and quick...Milton is big time straight line fast, but he is stiff...Nico looks like a silkier version of Hendon to me as a runner.

Being a great running QB ain't about pure speed.
the majority of the time…. Joe wasn’t utilizing his speed bc he was a timid runner.

you are comparing Ter under the old rules in Pro formation…. No way would Joe have started until cutcliffe unless forced to do so…. Tee would surprise us if he got to play in a spread out offense that limited decision making and didn’t make him force passes into tight windows… It was a different era back then… Josh Heupel finished 2nd in the Heisman completing 64% of his passes 20 TDs and 14 ints…. His ypa attempt was similar to Joes and the rating on ESPN had Joe as the higher rated qb.
Tee had the same big flaw Joe does...he did not process quickly at all. This offense may be "simple" but it is not "easy"..the QB HAS to quickly process and see the open play before it happens...and neither of those guys could do it well. I don't understand how people do not understand that about this offense.

Also..he was not accurate..and don't bring up that consecutive completion crap...that was the most ironic record in CFB. Tee was not a bad QB...but he wasn't elite either.

There are tons of Vol great WRs I would give my right nut to see play in this offense...can you just imagine Carl Pickens...Willie Gault...Tim Mcgee...on and on and on...OMG it would be sooo awesome..I hope more big time WRs start jumping in. Can't wait to see Matthews and Brazzell...😳
Hunter and Moore combo would of killed it

Tee had the same big flaw Joe does...he did not process quickly at all. This offense may be "simple" but it is not "easy"..the QB HAS to quickly process and see the open play before it happens...and neither of those guys could do it well. I don't understand how people do not understand that about this offense.

Also..he was not accurate..and don't bring up that consecutive completion crap...that was the most ironic record in CFB. Tee was not a bad QB...but he wasn't elite either.
The beauty of this offense is we don’t need an elite qb…. Go look at the list of Baylor qbs that ran this offense. Tee processed way quicker than joe…. Joe also didn’t trust himself which made him timid… It is why he wouldn’t make the right decision when to run the ball…. duck out of bounds on the last play of the game…. make very poor decisions that didn’t get us first downs….He never could have made that 4th down pass to help us win the Syracuse game…

An observation about our WR's - with the height and physical abilities of Bru, Thornton and Brazzell on the outside, Squirrel in the slot and the TE should be very effective. Those WR's will stretch the field and should be good at the back shoulder throws and jump balls as well.

Get the O-line solid and good times are gonna roll.

When people mention great Wide Receivers that played at Tennessee, everybody seems to forget Alvin Harper..

12th draft pick of 1991 NFL Draft...forgot what team he got picked by😏😏😏
Id still take Hunter over Harper, even though they were both similar styles..long striders, not great cutters that I remember, Just seemed like AH was a little stiffer. And I used to look for him everytime the boys were on.

VN Store

Back