Recruiting Football Talk VII

I will absolutely call him out next year when he does the same stuff as the last three years. It's not simply enough for you and others to say I disagree, you have to try and beat your opinion into others. I kept my mouth shut during the season for the most part. I didn't bring it up again but I will respond when I'm brought in.

I think the argument has ran it's course. Some people think he's a fabulous DC and hope he stays forever. Some think it's all on the players and he needs the 85 bears to succeed. Some think he just needs a few more year. I've seen enough. I went through this same thing with every coach in the last 15 years. I knew onw year in that Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt wouldn't make it. You can ask @bignewt when he came to my house for lunch when he asked me about Pruitt, I told him then I wasn't worried about his recruiting (I knew he was a cheatin' sumbeach), but I wasn't sure he was a coach. Maybe it just takes longer for some. I said the same thing about pretty Holly which was very unpopular. Some will say I'm impatient, I don't think 3 years is being impatient.
Ok...but if he does better..you sure as hell better show up and eat your damn crow.

While true, I think that'd be a very tough argument by schools to try and make them independent contractors and avoid employment taxes.
I think the contracts would not be with the school. They would be between the athlete and whoever or whatever is signing them to an NIL deal, which wouldn’t be an issue at all because it has nothing to do with employment.

Reactions: SmokinBob
**** that pos 🤬 the fact he was going to Bama makes me really despise him...go somewhere and rot 💩head! 😡😡😡😡
He is essentially a grad transfer who didn’t think he would get drafted, but the point is he was here 4 years so he is fine in my book kinda like Ty chandler. Let him get his money and move on with life no need to call him names for wanting money

This is slightly deceptive I think.

The NFL is wise to showcase games on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday nights practically unopposed. Throw in 2 Sunday afternoon prime games and you have a pretty good recipe for TV rating success.

There are way more college games which (almost) all play on Saturday during 10 hour timespan. It's like the 1PM NFL time slot except much more crowded.
Personally, I’m both surprised and disappointed that neither judge Judy nor Jerry springer reruns made the list.

who are the top defensive coordinators in the country….Looked at top ten paid…. Matt House,Kentucky DC, Kevin Steele are on the list…. He finished top 16 in power 5 ppg allowed…. a good chunk of that list is the big ten…. they don’t play offense….His stats say that he has done a pretty good job….. i’m not adverse to change but it better be for a 100% lock guarantee or we will end up with another sunseri.
Or Shoop 😑

Went from 20 ppg to 30 ppg for twice the money.

Flashy hires and poor fits to ruin a good thing...but HEY at least the image was we were swinging for the fences 😒

Last edited:
There is something very dysfunctional about spending sooooo much time, energy and mind-space on the "hate" of a defense. Coach Banks is a trigger for InVol for some reason.

But I'm a firm believer in what you put out into the world comes back to you. Putting out "hate" and spending energy on hating someone will never yield a positive result.

So InVol can continue with the Banks hate and its never going to change the trajectory of Tennessee Foolball or the career of Coach Banks at Tennessee Football or beyond.
Well...he just really really really hates TBs philosophy..I don't think all that other stuff applies..he is a good guy.

I am on the fence still...but honestly I have a problem with a lot of that stuff also...I would like to see what happens if we have better CBs. It did seem like he was using Hadden a lot differently this year because Hadden had obviously improved.

I know I don't want to see a 💩ton of massive plays because we change.

So like the FL ST president said…..potential not production.
In this case it truly is based on a whole new team next year...at least.

Though I agree considering they lost their entire OL.

But pollsters basically just regurgitate the previous year, plug in the most talented teams, and click "submit"

They're lazy as hell

Saban is desperate to re-rig college football. He needs some limits that he can break with impunity while his rivals are unfairly made examples of. For two years he has been lying that NIL will "destroy parity." WTF. Bama and Georgia are sitting home, even after the racketeering Birmingham office rigged officiating all year long to criminally put Saban in the playoffs without merit. 😂
I love it when their plan doesn’t come together..lol😂

So A&M was.our best win?

Again, stats don't always tell the story.
Look @InVOLuntary I like you but this guy pointed out an actual stat that proves the defense beat someone with a pulse(as you say)…and yet you reject that too..that stat doesn’t lie, it is what it is.🤷‍♀️

I think the contracts would not be with the school. They would be between the athlete and whoever or whatever is signing them to an NIL deal, which wouldn’t be an issue at all because it has nothing to do with employment.
Don't they already have those?

The ncaa would still have to change to allow pay for play.

And contracts would have to adjust to make them based on playing at a school for X years and do away with transfer portals.

Would take a lot of cooperation and imo would only make things shadier.

Make the unis finally pony up. They should be the ones paying them.

VN Store

Back