Recruiting Football Talk VII

I really think CJH has some reservation about turning Milton loose with the entire playbook. We have thrown very few mid-range passes in the middle of the field like we did rather often last year. It just seems that way to me anyway.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Joe ain’t a 66% guy like Hendo.

Joe is a Favre guy, big arm let him sling the damn ball. He may throw for 55% but if he drops 4 deep TDs for ya who cares?

That’s what we need to see, is Heupel gonna keep calling BS screens so he hits more completions?
Yea we should just let him sling it. This screen thing isn't good for business

Reactions: Jimmy Football
It all went down hill after Hadden's bump attempt of a tackle. I don't believe that's giving your all for TN. Ought to be benched.

Also, where was Sampson? Never touched the ball, did he even get in the game?
Blows my mind. He is AK 2.0 and just sits. Same with never playing Thomas, Turrentine, and others.

Reactions: VolNash17
I think multiple things can be true:
-The team is responsible for their performance.
-The coaches are responsible for the team's performance.
-The coaches are responsible for poor coaching decisions.
-The players are responsible for their poor playing decisions.
-The SEC is responsible for poor officiating that absolutely affected the game.

But also:
-The coaches are deserving of some forgiveness and leniency because of where they've gotten this program from where it was at, for the amount of winning we've been doing, and how bright the future looks for us.

Heupel is a young coach and has/will make mistakes. He's not infallible, but he's a damn good coach.

Have I mentioned I hate UF?
Coaches laid an egg. It happens. They deserve what they’re getting, for tonight.

But turning on them at this point is silly.

Reminds me of people talking about JG. His stats and % always looked good. It’s because he mostly threw behind the LOS and hit a few deep balls a game. But our offense stalled all the time and we went three and out too much.
We aren't talking about the Austin Peay game. Tonight he threw downfield in the second half and he did it a lot and well. Thats just a fact. To act like he only threw WR screens tonight is disingenuous. Get JG out of your head and move on dude.

We didn't lose because of Joe Milton. He could've played way better and won us the game and didn't, but he didn't cost us the game.

It all went down hill after Hadden's bump attempt of a tackle. I don't believe that's giving your all for TN. Ought to be benched.

Also, where was Sampson? Never touched the ball, did he even get in the game?
That play was definitely when momentum shifted. We seemingly had all of it after blocking a field goal and then scoring with ease, but after that play it was an entirely different game

Still don’t think Banks is the DC we need.

I think we need someone with more fire & creativity that wants to blitz and generate turnovers. If the offense is gonna play aggressively I say match that energy.

VN Store

Back