Recruiting Football Talk VII

The SYSTEM is the subject matter being discussed. It wasn’t BETTER when the BCS decided it.
The bcs ranking method and the two team playoff were not mutually inclusive. They were two separate components. Could have easily expanded to 4 and kept everything else the same.

Reactions: Devo182
Just raise your standards and apply common sense. You can still be a fan and be critical when necessary. Otherwise you’re just a cheerleader. Which is fine, I suppose. Just don’t expect me to take you serious.

Nevertheless, have a good night.
I’m plenty critical. What you’re doing is stating opinion without supporting facts. Do i wish our offensive line was better? Sure. Do i think the staff has done plenty in 3 off seasons as far as developing who was here? Yes. Do i think they’ve recruited well, also given they have needs elsewhere? Yes. To state that Elarbee hasn’t recruited well or developed well shows you have only been seeing what you want to.

Reactions: barrylee
Elerbe leaves a lot to be desired in that department. I’ve been saying it for a while.

It’s year three and we were still rolling with Ollie lanes and Dayne Davis types for depth, and are hoping beyond hope that covid guys etc stay for a 5th or 6th year because none of the young guys we’ve brought in are close to being ready.

Yet when you express concern when we take another low ranked kid with a mediocre offer list as a commitment, the cheerleaders on this site jump on you like Elerbe is some great coach.
i have the same worries as well…. Hopefully this current class is a step in the right direction

Surprised a bit by this one.
Disappointing, for sure.
But the fact he played so little this year when there were plenty of opportunities to step up should tell us something. I get the sense coaches aren’t crying over him leaving. Ignore the stars. When they get on campus they’ve got to step up.
Wish him the best.

View attachment 599889
Bill Connelly

Florida State got robbed, and the sport is worse for it​

and now some thoughts on our bowl opponent:

The Brian Ferentz legacy (and a problematic Michigan offense?)​

"Worst Bama team in 15 years"...been repeating this, but this is not a top playoff contender.

+17
ppg doesn't cut it.

And he nailed it on FSU should have been 7th or 8th if logic prevailed

The bcs ranking method and the two team playoff were not mutually inclusive. They were two separate components. Could have easily expanded to 4 and kept everything else the same.
It was the system that decided who played for the NC.

Reactions: Volunteer821
He’s only had 2 recruiting classes.

The staff has had to fill a lot of holes on the roster. Can’t take 10 OL in a class when you need literally everything. You can take 5ish but not all 5 will pan out.

Just too many needs for quick fixes to be found.
it would be nice to hit on 1 though.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Just raise your standards and apply common sense. You can still be a fan and be critical when necessary. Otherwise you’re just a cheerleader. Which is fine, I suppose. Just don’t expect me to take you serious.

Nevertheless, have a good night.
it doesn’t seem that there is any inbetween on this site…. Either cheerleaders or wanting to fire everyone.

That will be a bowl game suspension and suspension for half of next season. Meanwhile in Bama and Georgia, they laugh at these type of run-ins with the law.
In Bama, you can lose your job if you're a polie officer that arrests a football player. Have to have Saban's permission first.

Maybe just me, but if a team is left out of the playoffs because their starting QB is injured, he is probably worthy of being a finalist at least.
You can’t win the Heisman when injured either. Can’t even get invited although you deserve it.

- Hendon Hooker

VN Store

Back