Recommendations for bars in Gainesville

CaliVol

I'm heading down to Gainesville for the game this weekend. Any recommendations for fun bars for Friday and Saturday night? I've heard good things about the Swamp Restaurant.

Also, any recommendations for good places to tailgate on campus?

No good bars if you are wearing UT stuff. Gainesville is not like other college towns. I was not treated well when we went to UF a few years back. I have never had trouble in other areas, just the normal "fun picking" we do with opposing teams, but gainesville I felt really threatened. JMO.

I'm heading down to Gainesville for the game this weekend. Any recommendations for fun bars for Friday and Saturday night? I've heard good things about the Swamp Restaurant.

You heard right. The Swamp is a good time. They'll be plenty of Vol fans there.

I will be making first trip to Gaynesville tomorrow am. I have heard mixed stories about the fans: urine throwing, **** talking, people getting in your face just bc you are wearing "Tennessee". Everyone who I have talked from classmates to bartenders tell me I need to go down there Hard mind and not let things bother me. Also, I heard win or lose you prolly should not wear any UT gear if you go out. If true im screwed. I will be wearing an orange Tennessee Nasa jumpsuit hah. I have been to numerous away games and never expierenced anything that I am about to!? Especially if we pull off the victory!
Go Vols!!!!!!

Hit the PURPLE PORPOISE for sure.

I will be making first trip to Gaynesville tomorrow am. I have heard mixed stories about the fans: urine throwing, **** talking, people getting in your face just bc you are wearing "Tennessee". Everyone who I have talked from classmates to bartenders tell me I need to go down there Hard mind and not let things bother me. Also, I heard win or lose you prolly should not wear any UT gear if you go out. If true im screwed. I will be wearing an orange Tennessee Nasa jumpsuit hah. I have been to numerous away games and never expierenced anything that I am about to!? Especially if we pull off the victory!
Go Vols!!!!!!

Report back on Monday. If you don't, we'll assume the worst.

Most of the bars in Gaynesville have gators behind them. Im just sayin.......

GBO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There are a ton of bars in midtown across from the stadium.

Just find the one that fits you best.

I bet you'll like Balls...

Across from the North Side of the stadium on University there are quite a few. It really depends on your scene. If you are down for a just a bar Balls and the Salty Dog are for you. If you are looking for restaurant/bar Swamp and Gator City are probably for you. If you are looking for more of a club scene you can hit XS. Plus there are several others including the Grog House and several restaurants that might as well be bars on game night i.e. The Copper Monkey and Tijuana Flats. I hope you have a great time. Make sure to bring ID and enough cash because all bars will have at least 5$ cover. The restaurants will not have cover but will be packed, they are mostly first come first serve. Let me know if you have any other questions. I am looking forward to a great game.

I recommend Xanax bars if you are going to be around all those a-holes.

Reactions: 3 people
Whatever you do, don't drink and drive. I am hearing Gainesville's finest and Florida State Troopers will have DUI checkpoints all around town. Don't know why they are picking this game. Be careful. Go Vols!

Whatever you do, don't drink and drive. I am hearing Gainesville's finest and Florida State Troopers will have DUI checkpoints all around town. Don't know why they are picking this game. Be careful. Go Vols!

Screw the checkpoints, how about not drinking and driving so that you don't possibly kill yourself or someone else?

Reactions: 2 people
It's going to be an interesting saturday. Going down there with a buddy that will be wearing his orange and white checkered overalls, with no undershirt, looking super "Tennessee".

Last time, he through a rock through a frat house window because one of the frat boys was hollering at his girlfriend. (classy, I know)

We'll be at some bars, and I hope to be able to give a report on sunday.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations for bars!

Any recommendations for a good spot to tailgate with other VOL fans?

Screw the checkpoints, how about not drinking and driving so that you don't possibly kill yourself or someone else?

Uh...did you miss his first sentence where he said don't drink and drive? Pretty sure he wasn't providing a road map on how to drunkenly avoid checkpoints.

It's going to be an interesting saturday. Going down there with a buddy that will be wearing his orange and white checkered overalls, with no undershirt, looking super "Tennessee".

Last time, he through a rock through a frat house window because one of the frat boys was hollering at his girlfriend. (classy, I know)

We'll be at some bars, and I hope to be able to give a report on sunday.

:lolabove: Nice. Ill be looking for yall lol

We win and im finding the first bar doing karoke and im singing ROCKY TOP all night long. Whos with me?

VN Store

Back