Rebounding Margin

SeniorDrill

For those of you concerned about rebounding for a Coach T team, this was an interesting tidbit from his interview on Friday with Tony Basilio. He said that in his prior 8 years his teams have all finished 1st or 2nd in their conference in rebounding margin. Some might call it a crashing the boards style which results directly from the defense being played.

Reactions: 2 people
Richardson is gonna be a man amongst boys in this new style all sec
Posted via VolNation Mobile

For those of you concerned about rebounding for a Coach T team, this was an interesting tidbit from his interview on Friday with Tony Basilio. He said that in his prior 8 years his teams have all finished 1st or 2nd in their conference in rebounding margin. Some might call it a crashing the boards style which results directly from the defense being played.

And that's great for the conferences he's coached in. But he aint in Mrs. Ippi anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm predicting reese and Lopez make one of the all-sec teams next year
I'm sure this is meant as a dig at my support for a fourth year senior walk-on being given a floating scholarship for his last year if available. I've really never understood the opposition to that for any true Vol fan. I mean give me a break, the 13th guy. You would think it was a sin judging by the outcry against it. How Derek Reese was added to the equation, I'll never know. I guess its guilt by association. I don't think I've ever mentioned his name in a single post. As far as credibility, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Hah, I found it! This OP is a direct attack on quote number 2. Can't have that now can we? So instead of agreeing to a fact, we resort to Reese and Lopez being All SEC which is related to number 1 and what I've supposedly been telling females. "My 2 biggest concerns, what happens when we are pressed? Do we have anyone that can break the press and handle the ball over under pressure without turning it over? Rebounding. Hopefully McKnight keeps his nose clean, stays out of foul trouble, and maybe adds 10-15 pounds by the start of the season. Outside of him Reese would be the next guy in line who's most physically ready to play the 5, that scares me a bit." So basically you are saying we don't have a prayer at point guard or rebounding even though we have not played a game. The "I'm never wrong" agenda will be turned upside down. Count on it! PS Here's a clue! When you have the entire team going to the glass on both ends of the court, you really don't need two 6'8" 260's underneath. They are usually gasping for air!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure this is meant as a dig at my support for a fourth year senior walk-on being given a floating scholarship for his last year if available. I've really never understood the opposition to that for any true Vol fan. I mean give me a break, the 13th guy. You would think it was a sin judging by the outcry against it. How Derek Reese was added to the equation, I'll never know. I guess its guilt by association. I don't think I've ever mentioned his name in a single post. As far as credibility, you ain't seen nothing yet!

He does deserve the scholarship if it's available. I was under the impression you were arguing he deserved significant minutes based on his success in the rocky top league, which is just not true. If he's playing point guard for a significant portion of the minutes available then we have a serious problem.

Hardly? That is how stuff is twisted to be totally different from what is said by certain folks. I never said once he should get significant minutes. I only posted the Rocky Top stats to show that he could play ball and was good enough to lead his team to that championship playing all the time with McRae and Richardson and the rest playing on the other teams. In my opinion, three years of hard voluntary work in practice to make Tennessee a better basketball team certainly makes him deserving of a carryover scholarship if it is floating since it will still be available for a new recruit next year. Why wouldn't you give it to him if it was not being used otherwise? Makes no sense!

Remember this from May 13?
"Like I said 7 minutes is one thing if that's what is needed, but this guy is trying to use RTL stats and HS GPA to prove that Lopez would be more than capable of being our starting PG."

"That's a lie, pure and simple. Those who have read my posts know exactly what I have been saying. Let's put it this way! Since you think God sends scholarship players down from heaven above, if Brandon Lopez gets a scholarship this year, will you then say he is a basketball player?"

"Uhm no, I'll say there was an extra scholarship lol."

Everyone knows the Post:Like ratio is the most accurate piece of data when analyzing the quality of a poster.

Remember this from May 13?
"Like I said 7 minutes is one thing if that's what is needed, but this guy is trying to use RTL stats and HS GPA to prove that Lopez would be more than capable of being our starting PG."

"That's a lie, pure and simple. Those who have read my posts know exactly what I have been saying. Let's put it this way! Since you think God sends scholarship players down from heaven above, if Brandon Lopez gets a scholarship this year, will you then say he is a basketball player?"

"Uhm no, I'll say there was an extra scholarship lol."
I do think God sits in heaven and belly laughs at his Reality TV show called Life on Volnation.

VN Store

Back