Really not as upset as some (many?)

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
Good game, played from start to finish, there were some issues, but ultimately we played tough.

Unprecedented number of departures in the off season, numerous injuries before and during the game, and a Pitt team that will likely win 8-10 this year.

Not sure how we are already talking about a coach 2 games in being fired and benching our QBs for our 3rd string guy. The improvement I saw from week 1 to week 2 was huge as it should be. Let’s cut out some penalties and keep chugging along.

Nobody (reasonable) expected more than 6 wins this year. We have a great shot at doing that.

Good game, played from start to finish, there were some issues, but ultimately we played tough.

Unprecedented number of departures in the off season, numerous injuries before and during the game, and a Pitt team that will likely win 8-10 this year.

Not sure how we are already talking about a coach 2 games in being fired and benching our QBs for our 3rd string guy. The improvement I saw from week 1 to week 2 was huge as it should be. Let’s cut out some penalties and keep chugging along.

Nobody (reasonable) expected more than 6 wins this year. We have a great shot at doing that.
Yes, I think there's a lot to be positive about. The team looked ready to play (unlike other times in recent years); it was close, and could have gone the other way. They didn't quit. Like many, I've grown tired of excuses, but I think right now things are OK and that it's appropriate to not be pessimistic at this point.

Our 3rd string guy is a highly rated 4 star and can make throws from the pocket. I'd like to at least see him get an opportunity than let him sit and transfer out for a guy like Milton.

But otherwise, I agree. Lots to look positively on from this game. Still need to get personnel right, but when we do I think we could upset a team like Florida and beat all the other SEC East schools other than Georgia. Not saying we will or that I expect it to happen, but that we are just as good and our team can compete to do so

Our 3rd string guy is a highly rated 4 star and can make throws from the pocket. I'd like to at least see him get an opportunity than let him sit and transfer out for a guy like Milton.

But otherwise, I agree. Lots to look positively on from this game. Still need to get personnel right, but when we do I think we could upset a team like Florida and beat all the other SEC East schools other than Georgia. Not saying we will or that I expect it to happen, but that we are just as good and our team can compete to do so
Drop back pocket passing is not what Heupel's offense is built to use. We need Hooker to take over the QB duties and run the ball to keep the defense off balance.

Reactions: FBtime
I think the team is much improved from the Pruitt era. Yea the penalties hurt us and the 4th down call but the guys played hard the whole game. I can’t believe we have so many idiots on here saying the coaching sucks. We are down 15 players that transferred and don’t have the depth most teams will have this year. We will be lucky to keep any coach or get one if the hate continues this early in a year.

I think the team is much improved from the Pruitt era. Yea the penalties hurt us and the 4th down call but the guys played hard the whole game. I can’t believe we have so many idiots on here saying the coaching sucks. We are down 15 players that transferred and don’t have the depth most teams will have this year.

Not to mention the amount of crap that went against us today. The block in back on Banks - soft. Negated a huge TD and momentum swing. The spot putting us in 4th down. The lack of any calls and specifically holding on Pitt. That’s a lot to overcome in a close game with a rebuild project.

Drop back pocket passing is not what Heupel's offense is built to use. We need Hooker to take over the QB duties and run the ball to keep the defense off balance.

I'm not saying we need a drop back passer. I'm saying we need someone to complete a pass in the pocket. HB isn't a running QB, but he can pick up yards when necessary.

To me, Huepel's offense is more reliant on being able to spread out the defense and to do so quickly. If HB can quickly get the ball out and to an open target he will be much more effective than the two in front of him. Especially if he can hit the deep ball.

As of now though, as mentioned in the broadcast, it seems our passing game is go deep or get a short yardage play. We need some nice intermediate throws to keep the linebackers honest, not just creeping up all the time.

Reactions: Hbg

This game was very winnable and we should have won it...

I think the team is much improved from the Pruitt era. Yea the penalties hurt us and the 4th down call but the guys played hard the whole game. I can’t believe we have so many idiots on here saying the coaching sucks. We are down 15 players that transferred and don’t have the depth most teams will have this year. We will be lucky to keep any coach or get one if the hate continues this early in a year.
If Pruitt were coaching that team we would’ve quit mid 3rd quarter. These guys came out and fought and came up short today. The mistakes we made today are correctable.

People already talking about a new coach need to STFU and quit outing themselves as having zero knowledge of football . It’s embarrassing.

I’m going to give Heupel a fair chance. He’s two games in. However, seeing the turn around at Arkansas and Ole Miss so far, I expect to see us playing at least that level of football this time next year. And we better make big strides in decision making this year, i.e, picking starting Qb’s, play calls in the right situation and figuring a way to get your best, biggest, baddest and fastest on the field.

Reactions: VolRage
Unfortunately we have a fan base full of idiots already clamoring for yet another coaching change 2 games in.

That’s because any coach with any sort of football IQ would have never wasted any reps on Milton after watching any film on him.

The outcome of today was dictated by stupid decisions from the head coach: starting Milton was really really really really really really stupid. Cannot be stated enough. Heupel is a bad coach that makes stupid decisions. Period. He’s Pruitt/Butch/Dooley again.

Reactions: govols105
This game was very winnable and we should have won it...

Why? Because we’re Tennessee? The team that lost to GA St., the team with a whole new coaching staff coming in on the heels of a historically bad season which ended in us losing many starters and contributors?

Because we have more 4 stars than they did? I guess you can point to that.

There’s literally 0 that says “we should have won this game” and that’s likely why we weren’t favored…..

Reactions: VolArmy74
That’s because any coach with any sort of football IQ would have never wasted any reps on Milton after watching any film on him.

The outcome of today was dictated by stupid decisions from the head coach: starting Milton was really really really really really really stupid. Cannot be stated enough. Heupel is a bad coach that makes stupid decisions. Period. He’s Pruitt/Butch/Dooley again.

They should get you off the couch and onto a coaching staff. Seems you know more then they do.

Why? Because we’re Tennessee? The team that lost to GA St., the team with a whole new coaching staff coming in on the heels of a historically bad season which ended in us losing many starters and contributors?

Because we have more 4 stars than they did? I guess you can point to that.

There’s literally 0 that says “we should have won this game” and that’s likely why we weren’t favored…..
Should have won it....

Reactions: igotworms

Start to finish, really? You checked out of the entirety of the second quarter?

Reactions: igotworms

VN Store

Back