Realistically Optimistic Season

I agree with the 10-2 guess. I call it that because that's what it is. I think the team as a whole will unite and play very well. The only issue would be the injury Bug. I hope we have treated with what ever kills that bug. I like the Kool-Aid boys and girls, come and join me.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree with the 10-2 guess. I call it that because that's what it is. I think the team as a whole will unite and play very well. The only issue would be the injury Bug. I hope we have treated with what ever kills that bug. I like the Kool-Aid boys and girls, come and join me.

You're just sippin.

Chugalug!

It gets better the more you drink.

8 gimmies
3 toss ups
1 we are the underdog

I like our chances with each one.

We will lose again, but it might not be till 2018.

Go Vols!

We will win 7 or 8 games the GT game could go either way we are a average football program the days of begin elite are gone we accept average here now when if you win 8 games your job is safe.:thud:

Oh, YOU are the guy who causes others on the board to say "half our fan base accepts mediocrity now."

Stop doing that, Terry Pedigo. :)

I try my best to be a realistic Vols fan. Ive always stuck up for UT, but Im not the guy who makes us look bad saying it is our year every year. Lol

HOWEVER, the worst I see us going is 8-4, but I can't help but feel something different about this team. If dormady can be 70% of the QB he was in the albeit regulated, O&W game we may have a shot here. QB who gets the ball out quick and accurate, RB that avg 5.7 yds per carry last year, a more vetted OL, JJ (plent of talented young WRs to step up as #2,3,4 dont forget Josh Smith), talented but raw DL, Kirkland Jumper and a 3rd LB, Wiggins, Abernathy, Kelly, Warrior, Gaulden and other solid CBs. The best Punter in CFB according to the NFL draft analysts....Not saying it is our year, or anything, but this team honestly has more potential than last years.

Last year we young OL, amazing but erratic at times QB drama queen RB (hindsight Kamara should have started), weak secondary besides sutton and kelly, and injuries a plenty.

Rock will fix the injuries, upgraded staff....this team truly could be a sleeper.

What do you all think?
I think 9 wins sounds about right. However it wouldn't shock me one bit if we wound up in Atlanta with 10+. I think this team will pleasantly surprised some people. GBO

Reactions: 3 people
SO much credibility here...

giphy.gif
At least he had the balls to make a prediction. What's yours?

At least he had the balls to make a prediction. What's yours?

Uh...well...I predict that you will either figure out D4H is
Retard.gif

Or...YOU are a window licker, too
window_licker.gif

But...stick around so we can be entertained...

10-2 SEC East Champs is the realistic goal for this season.

I actually agree with D4H. I don't think this is crazy. It's not unrealistic. Obviously there a lot of question marks, but it would be so Tennessee to win the division when we weren't supposed to. See '98, '01, '04 and '07.

You heard it here first. If he stays healthy QD will not only win the job but will be first team SEC and have a decision to make at the end of the season. He throws one of the best balls I've ever seen. He has that very rare combination of both touch and velocity. Extremely accurate, especially when rolling out. I noticed that the first time I saw him. 10- 2 and win the east.

If he is as good as you hype, then there isn't much of a decision to make. The NFL is desperate for franchise quality QB's. There are only a few left and most are over 35 years old.

Reactions: 1 person
I love how vol fans have so much of a football IQ that we can see a player a few times and know more about them then coaches who see them everyday...it is a pretty special skill for a fanbase to have...

In fact...why do we even have a HC? We could save UT a lot of money if they just left all the decisions up to volnation. :hi:

You mean you could not see the difference between Hurd and Kamara last season when Hurd quit and Kamara became the featured back?

Man, I don't know anybody watching Vol football that could not tell Butch screwed up there!

You mean you could not see the difference between Hurd and Kamara last season when Hurd quit and Kamara became the featured back?

Man, I don't know anybody watching Vol football that could not tell Butch screwed up there!

Kamara fit the offense better no doubt. But I do chuckle every time Hurd is mentioned now. I understand the feelings toward a guy that walks off before it's done. And he deserves whatever flak comes with that. But as Doug Matthews said, look at the records, it's not like he didn't give UT anything during his time here.

Uh...well...I predict that you will either figure out D4H is
Retard.gif

Or...YOU are a window licker, too
window_licker.gif

But...stick around so we can be entertained...

So many folks with so many opinions about others but none of their own. Good memes

I actually agree with D4H. I don't think this is crazy. It's not unrealistic. Obviously there a lot of question marks, but it would be so Tennessee to win the division when we weren't supposed to. See '98, '01, '04 and '07.

Thanks for stating "why" you agree or disagree with something. So many folks on here trash others ideas and have not an iota to offer up themselves.

Lol. Based on what?

The talent on the roster.

We have 2 starting caliber NFL QBs (Quinten Dormady and Jarrett Guarantano). A starting caliber NFL RB in John Kelly and a highly regarded recruit in Ty Chandler with great potential. 2 starting caliber NFL pass catchers in WR Jauan Jennings and TE Ethan Wolf. Improved talent along the offensive line with 5 star stud Trey Smith plus improved experience with 3 seniors projected to start (Jashon Robertson, Coleman Thomas, and Brett Kendrick).

On defense, we have a defensive line that is filled with highly regarded 5 stars like Kahlil McKenzie, Jonathan Kongbo, Shy Tuttle, and Kyle Phillips as well highly sought after 4 stars like Darrell Taylor and Alexis Johnson. Then we have an experienced senior like Kendal Vickers who has gotten better every year. The pure talent we have on the defensive line is as good or better than everyone in the SEC not named Alabama. At linebacker we have 3 NFL caliber players in Darrin Kirkland Jr., Daniel Bituli, and Austin Smith. And finally on the backend we are loaded with untapped potential from great athletes like Justin Martin, Micah Abernathy, and Nigel Warrior. All 3 can be high level NFL prospects.

We might have question marks when it comes to coaching. But there is no question with regard to talent on this roster. We are a top 5-10 team in the country based on TALENT. Our recruiting rank backs this up.

Reactions: 4 people
The talent on the roster.

We have 2 starting caliber NFL QBs (Quinten Dormady and Jarrett Guarantano). A starting caliber NFL RB in John Kelly and a highly regarded recruit in Ty Chandler with great potential. 2 starting caliber NFL pass catchers in WR Jauan Jennings and TE Ethan Wolf. Improved talent along the offensive line with 5 star stud Trey Smith plus improved experience with 3 seniors projected to start (Jashon Robertson, Coleman Thomas, and Brett Kendrick).

On defense, we have a defensive line that is filled with highly regarded 5 stars like Kahlil McKenzie, Jonathan Kongbo, Shy Tuttle, and Kyle Phillips as well highly sought after 4 stars like Darrell Taylor and Alexis Johnson. Then we have an experienced senior like Kendal Vickers who has gotten better every year. The pure talent we have on the defensive line is as good or better than everyone in the SEC not named Alabama. At linebacker we have 3 NFL caliber players in Darrin Kirkland Jr., Daniel Bituli, and Austin Smith. And finally on the backend we are loaded with untapped potential from great athletes like Justin Martin, Micah Abernathy, and Nigel Warrior. All 3 can be high level NFL prospects.

We might have question marks when it comes to coaching. But there is no question with regard to talent on this roster. We are a top 5-10 team in the country based on TALENT. Our recruiting rank backs this up.

I don't often agree with you But in this case I do. We have the talent if our guys can stay healthy we should be pretty good this year.

I have no idea how this team finishes, and I really don't see how anyone else could feel comfortable enough to bet their house on a 12-0 season all the way down to 5-7. However, I will say what I think should happen under different season ending scenarios.

10-2 or better means Butch Jones and staff get hefty raises and extensions. All but the most delusional Vol fans should be happy with the progress (finally).

9-3 Butch gets a small raise and should be told to win 10 or more and the East in 2018 or start looking for work elsewhere. Sorry but Jones used up his Mulligans in 2015-16. Heck, I remember seasons in the past where 9-3 or 10-2 was a big disappointment to fans.

8-4 to 6-6 Butch Jones should be fired. No more argument about what his W-L ceiling is in my book. Tennessee ​has to hire it's 4th new head coach in 9 years as the Legions of the Miserable howl and groan.

5-7 or worse should necessitate the football program be put out of its misery and discontinued. JMO although it will never happen because the school needs the $$$. Nevertheless, the mental, emotional, and physical health for hundreds of thousands of fans would improve immensely as they spend their fall season actually enjoying life by doing other things than lamenting yet another Vol Football letdown.

I have no idea how this team finishes, and I really don't see how anyone else could feel comfortable enough to bet their house on a 12-0 season all the way down to 5-7. However, I will say what I think should happen under different season ending scenarios.

10-2 or better means Butch Jones and staff get hefty raises and extensions. All but the most delusional Vol fans should be happy with the progress (finally).

9-3 Butch gets a small raise and should be told to win 10 or more and the East in 2018 or start looking for work elsewhere. Sorry but Jones used up his Mulligans in 2015-16. Heck, I remember seasons in the past where 9-3 or 10-2 was a big disappointment to fans.

8-4 to 6-6 Butch Jones should be fired. No more argument about what his W-L ceiling is in my book. Tennessee ​has to hire it's 4th new head coach in 9 years as the Legions of the Miserable howl and groan.

5-7 or worse should necessitate the football program be put out of its misery and discontinued. JMO although it will never happen because the school needs the $$$. Nevertheless, the mental, emotional, and physical health for hundreds of thousands of fans would improve immensely as they spend their fall season actually enjoying life by doing other things than lamenting yet another Vol Football letdown.

You were doing fairly well until the last two paragraphs.....wth??

Reactions: 4 people
I am very optimistic about this season. We could finish 8-4 or go 10-2 depends on how things play out for each team. Injuries for one going into last year did we think about losing our best defenders except Barnett at each level of the defense. NO we didnt. It is not excuses for bad playing it is reality to what happens to any defense that loses that much star power. I was privileged to watch spring scrimmages that media was not allowed. I will get a chance to watch workout session with Rock and team and watch Fall practice. After all of this I will then predict my record.

VN Store

Back