Realistic Florida Coaching Candidates?

Slightly irrelevant but... You know, I'm surprised no one ever tried to pick Tressel up. I think it would have been worth dealing with the show cause.

there are other "realistic" candidates.

And I actually think Bob Stoops is a realistic possibility. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it's not far fetched either.

He already said NO...Again :eek:lol:...foley isn't going after Rich Rod or Mullen either...Gonna be a top assistant for good ole florida again...Foley will find your next Zook somehow.

Reactions: 1 person
Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops shot down rumors of a potential move to Florida on Monday, according to Ralph D. Russo of the Associated Press.
RT @ESPNRittenberg: Bob Stoops: All I want to be is a candidate at Oklahoma. I’m not a candidate anywhere else. I’m finished w that question

Two offensive minds that aren't expected to appear on Foley's short list are Mississippi State's Dan Mullen and Arizona's Rich Rodriguez. Sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy on Monday that neither head coach will be considered to replace Will Muschamp.

Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops shot down rumors of a potential move to Florida on Monday, according to Ralph D. Russo of the Associated Press.
RT @ESPNRittenberg: Bob Stoops: All I want to be is a candidate at Oklahoma. I’m not a candidate anywhere else. I’m finished w that question

What do you expect him to say?

CUM is coming back since OSU's easy schedule can't get him in a championship game.

Only problem with McDaniels might be the timing. If the Pats go deep into the playoffs, he wouldn't be able to be fully committed until late January/early Feb. Don't know how Foley would feel about that.

Would be like the Bill O'Brien and PSU situation a few years ago. McDaniels could be the best choice for UT. I'm not sold on his HC ability and the Pats offense hasn't really missed a beat in 12 yrs regardless who's hiding behind the play sheet.

McDaniels is the same guy who d to draft Tebow in the first round...not worried about him...

Honestly it looks like UF is about to go through some rough times. Im going to enjoy every second of it. I love seeing all those disappointed people.

Reactions: 2 people
McDaniels is the same guy who d to draft Tebow in the first round...not worried about him...

Honestly it looks like UF is about to go through some rough times. Im going to enjoy every second of it. I love seeing all those disappointed people.

The biggest problem with NFL guys coaching College football is recruiting. I'm not sold on their ability to recruit or them even wanting to participate in the mundane duty of visiting potential recruits.

^This is my hope for two reasons:

1. I don't think he'd make a good college coach, so I wouldn't worry about UF while he's there.

2. The meltdown on VN would be glorious. It would be such a catastrophic meltdown that Al Gore would make a documentary about it.

^This is my hope for two reasons:

1. I don't think he'd make a good college coach, so I wouldn't worry about UF while he's there.

2. The meltdown on VN would be glorious. It would be such a catastrophic meltdown that Al Gore would make a documentary about it.

Got to hell. (But I am curious to see how ol' Gruden aka spider 2 y banana would turn out in the college ranks):)

Reactions: 1 person
Imagine how p*ssed the Louisville fans would be if BP dumped them after one season. Louisville would fall in the dumper for a decade.

I'd write them an apology letter and invite them to the multiple NCs that would follow.

What do you expect him to say?

He could have left it at

"I appreciate to be considered for one of the top football jobs in the country, but I'm happy at OU."

That should not be insulting to OU (probably should be enough to force OU to consider giving him a raise if they actually want to keep him).

y'all are going to wear yourselves out and it's not even your coach.

this is why people hate the media and have no respect for the media. People talk about "insiders" and laughing at how wrong they are.

The media, who supposedly have actual connections, are just as bad. 99% of the stuff they are putting out is pure guesswork.

So many names are being thrown out that somebody is bound to be right about something.

This will be interesting to see play out on who they do get. FL has a few things hurting them. I think I saw they have to pay Muschamp 6 mil buyout. Then Roper also has a buyout unsure on that amount. If they are going after a proven winner they are going to have to also pay a large buyout because I dont know of a single proven coach lately who doesn't get a yearly contract extension with buyout. I kinda figure they will go with a NFL guy.

This will be interesting to see play out on who they do get. FL has a few things hurting them. I think I saw they have to pay Muschamp 6 mil buyout. Then Roper also has a buyout unsure on that amount. If they are going after a proven winner they are going to have to also pay a large buyout because I dont know of a single proven coach lately who doesn't get a yearly contract extension with buyout. I kinda figure they will go with a NFL guy.

Money isn't the issue in this manner.

Florida's got the money that none of that is the problem.

The problem is, in today's world of college football, money really isn't that big a deal.

What I mean by that is that most of the school's that you could get a coach from could be outbid years ago. That's really not the case now.

For instance, take Mike Gundy or the current coach at Oregon. Years ago, Florida could write a check and Oregon or Oklahoma State couldn't match it. Now, they can. Now, they can choose not to match it. But, if they wanted to they could.

And all that means that for most of the possibilities a school would turn to in order to make a hire, something other than money has to be the reason they take the job.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back