Rashaan Gaulden enters draft.

Won't be surprised if both he and Kelly go undrafted. But I hope I'm wrong and good luck to both of them.
i'd be amazed if that were true, especially Kelly. He is worth at least a 5th round choice because of potential and low mileage. Gauldens tape gets him at least a hard look at a draft pick. His injury history gets him a free agent invite. Both make a roster based on what they have shown. Lets not be silly, RG and JK were "arguably" the best players, production wise, on either side of the ball for us last year.

For anyone wanting to flame I qualified my statement with both the quotes and the word arguably. It could be argued that someone on the defensive side showed up more.. In JK's, case nah he was the guy. Winning team or not they played in the SEC and were the best "available" in their pond.

Normally I would stick my neck out with a round prediction but these days I think I want to see how the combine goes. they are going, right?

why in the world do people get upset or question when a CFB player takes a shot at the money? The only thing they have to lose by doing so is what? "Improving their draft stock by staying another year?" That is just silly, and there is ZERO evidence of this- EVER.
By the jr. year, the cake is baked. I think almost all juniors- who haven't been held out due to injury- and have any chance of making the league should go. Staying for an extra year on a team that might sniff 7 or 8 wins to risk getting your knee ripped up so you can't compete in the combine is beyond stupid. I'm a dollars and long term life plan guy, and the only reason these dudes come to college is for this opportunity in the first place. They should always have their eyes on the prize.

Peyton Manning would disagree. As would a lot more. I'd like to see the statistics on those who finished college, got their degrees, and entered the draft or went to work versus those who did not finish school, did not get a degree, did not get in the NFL or other pay to play situation, and are not doing very well.

The concept of committing to attend an academic institution to earn a degree, that is paid for, so that he can leave early, to maybe make a lot of money for maybe a year, sure seems messed up. With that logic, just go tryout for the NFL and give the scholly to someone who commits to graduate, play ball, and then play for pay or go to work. My opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
Peyton Manning would disagree. As would a lot more. I'd like to see the statistics on those who finished college, got their degrees, and entered the draft or went to work versus those who did not finish school, did not get a degree, did not get in the NFL or other pay to play situation, and are not doing very well.

Dude that could be a thesis. My thinking is the thesis would be a little too in depth for a message board.

I would like to see the NFL longevity (success? but that is kinda subjective as somewhat intangible) of those who declare early vs those who Graduate. I think that is more appropriate and measurable here. EX Peyton stayed had a HOF career, 2 Superbowls, VS Johnny Manziel who left early hahaha. I kinda skewed that data a little.

Maybe John Calipari could write the thesis for us.

The concept of committing to attend an academic institution to earn a degree, that is paid for, so that he can leave early, to maybe make a lot of money for maybe a year, sure seems messed up. With that logic, just go tryout for the NFL and give the scholly to someone who commits to graduate, play ball, and then play for pay or go to work. My opinion.

They are committing to the university to make tons of money for the university. That scholly is the universities investment into big dollars coming from Fan's pockets via tickets, apparel, TV, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flaw in your logic is the $275K comes only IF he makes a team in the NFL. And then it's year over year as to whether he makes it again. RG is hardly an NFL lock and the competition is pretty steep.

But you are correct that many kids each year show their stupidity and take the plunge. Really a dumb move for a kid that is not all but guaranteed a spot in the NFL. RG is not.

Gaulden has been statistically one of the best tacklers in the SEC for 2 years. As far percentage of made vs missed tkls.

And he can cover.

If he runs under 4.5. He could go as high as round 3. I think he goes round 4.

Said the same thing about Malone last year.
Gaulden is a really good athlete.

Reactions: 2 people
He'll be playing in the XFL in 2019. He was a disappointment at UT. I can't see him doing anything in the NFL.
Certainly not taking anyone's job at CB.

Time will tell. He has no insurance policy other than the ones he may buy.

I wish Rashaan Gaulden well, he'll be missed on defense, he was one of the very few DB's, that could make tackles behind the line :popcorn:

He'll be playing in the XFL in 2019. He was a disappointment at UT. I can't see him doing anything in the NFL.
Certainly not taking anyone's job at CB.

Time will tell. He has no insurance policy other than the ones he may buy.

He's a natural nickel back.
Which the NFL plays a ton of.

You're absolutely wrong about Gaulden.

Very steady player when healthy.

VN Store

Back