Rank Our Rivalries !!!

MobileVol1

In the spirit of the offseason, and please God let me wake up tomorrow and it be football season, rank our rivals.

I will start with what I think the top 3 are, for me anyway, in the last 20 years. If different in different decades, please explain.

1. Florida (hated them Gators when Spurrier was there and hate them now)
2. Georgia (always stings when we lose to the underacheivers)
3. Alabama (Buck Fama)
14. Kentucky (hope they don't beat us for another 20 years)

What say you Vol Nation???

GBO!!!!!

Vandy florida bama georgia south carolina kentucky and missouri
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. South Carolina (This is a very recent addition to the list that stems from their ascendance and our decline as a program; I am hopeful that the significance of this particular rivalry goes back to what it was prior to Steve Spurrier's arrival.)

Reactions: 2 people
1.Florida
2.Bama
3.Vandy
4 Georgia

Kentucky is zero threat, but if they were good, there fans are jackasses, and theyd be up here.

Reactions: 1 person
1 Bama (oldest and best)
2a FL (although it's become a little less relevent despite our losing streak)
2b UGA
4 Auburn (although we don't get to play them as much any more)
5 Vandy/UK (sure it's lopsided but it dates way back and it fun to beat them)
7 SC (only this high because of Spurrier)
8 LSU
9 Ole Miss/Miss ST
11 Ark
12 Notre Dame (only a handful of games but they've mostly been good ones)
13 Memphis (same reason as Vandy and UK)
14 Mizz

A&M doesnt count until we play them as a conference opponent.

Bama
Florida
Vandy
Kentucky
Georgia (not sure whether or not to include them, really)

Lost rivalries (due to the division split):
Auburn
Ole Miss

Possible lost rivalry (due to leaving the conference):
Georgia Tech

Last edited:
Bama, Florida, UGA, Vandy, Kentucky in that order.

Up until a couple years ago I would have said Florida is number one, being that I grew up watching the vols in the 90's. Lately though, my disdain for Bama has grown much stronger.

The game that mattered most when I played was always Florida. Alabama was close behind. Both games were the most intense and amped up games you could imagine. Florida use to b the ticket to the sec east crown though. As a team no one respected bama. It really is a toss up. The team we loved to beat most was vanderbilt. They always ran their mouths to us especially off record. Georgia is definitely second. Bama Florida would always be tied as first.

Reactions: 12 people
Look at HISTORY it is easy its them FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFING little washing powder team that goes by the name bummer and is coached by that little turd nicky boy, I hate them SOBs till the day I depart earth and will hate the SOBs after I die if I can, on my rock it will say BUCK BAMA GO VOLS.:banghead2:BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA, I HATE THEM SOBs.:banghead2:

In the spirit of the offseason, and please God let me wake up tomorrow and it be football season, rank our rivals.

I will start with what I think the top 3 are, for me anyway, in the last 20 years. If different in different decades, please explain.

3. Alabama (Buck Fama)

GBO!!!!!

Bama is and forever will be our #1 rival.
Hallelujah.
Amen.

Reactions: 4 people

3. Alabama (Buck Fama)

GBO!!!!!

When were you born, 1992 or after?

Reactions: 3 people
For some of us born after 1989, Florida is the most HATED rival. But Alabama is unanimously the top rivalry and has been since...what, 1901?

From Wiki: The first game between the two sides was played in 1901 in Birmingham, ending in a 6–6 tie. From 1902 to 1913, Alabama dominated the series, only losing once, and never allowing a touchdown by the Volunteers.

Interesting that if you take away those first 10 games, our record in the last century vs Bama from (1914 to 2014) is: 42-37-6 compared to 50-38-7. The Third Saturday in October will always be one of the strongest and most competitive rivalries in college football.

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. Vanderbilt
5. Kentucky (for basketball reasons)

Then South Carolina gets some hate because, ya know, Darth Visor resides there. UConn is (or was) the Lady Vols biggest rival but they stopped playing each other. Luckily we get to stomp them on the football field in 2015 & 2016.

Look at HISTORY it is easy its them FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFING little washing powder team that goes by the name bummer and is coached by that little turd nicky boy, I hate them SOBs till the day I depart earth and will hate the SOBs after I die if I can, on my rock it will say BUCK BAMA GO VOLS.:banghead2:BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA BUCK BAMA, I HATE THEM SOBs.:banghead2:

Have you had your meds today?? I live in south bama and Lord I agree with you to a point, but whew !!!

You sir are a true fanatic...... as so am I, just not so outspoken....

VN Store

Back