quitting dipping

A friend of mine joined some type of "dip board" (a dip version of VN) that helped him quit. They have some type of moral support and reward system for quitting. He quit years ago now but has become a regular on that board like there are regulars here.

Hmmmmmm

I dipped about two cans a week. Then I started dating a girl that was way out of my league who all but called it a deal breaker. That's how I quit.
She's putting our two kids down for a nap right now.

Reactions: 7 people
I dipped about two cans a week. Then I started dating a girl that was way out of my league who all but called it a deal breaker. That's how I quit.

This is exactly what happened to me....except it was closing in on a can a day....you just have to find your motivation....if you don't have one, make yourself a reward system.

It's tough. I've gotten over it a few months several times but always started back up after a while. Gum, sun flower seeds, ect didn't work for me. Using those other things served as a reminder of Copenhagen. "In eating these seeds because I can't dip".

Cutting back on beer helped but then came football season so....

I hear running is a good way to quit.

Good luck

Good for you sir.

What worked for me is just stop being around it. My buddy dips about a can a day so I simply quit going over to his house and I just quit spending money on it. Also, if it gets bad, I always thought about swallowing a lot at one time. And my other friend quit by drinking dip spit to make himself sick and he couldn't even take the smell of it. It was gross but it worked for him.

What worked for me is just stop being around it. My buddy dips about a can a day so I simply quit going over to his house and I just quit spending money on it. Also, if it gets bad, I always thought about swallowing a lot at one time. And my other friend quit by drinking dip spit to make himself sick and he couldn't even take the smell of it. It was gross but it worked for him.

That is disgusting. Your friend is a moron

Reactions: 3 people
That is disgusting. Your friend is a moron

My friends dad used to spit in a coke bottle when I was little. One time my friend had me and my best friend over. My best friend had a coke and left it some where, where he couldn't find it. He thought the spit bottle was his coke. Ah good times lol

Wait, this conversation is taking a negative turn. Next thing someone will be happy I'm here.

This madness must stop!

45 posts ...make that 46 about 'dippin'....that says a lot about....something....its probably best to not elaborate further...

A friend of mine joined some type of "dip board" (a dip version of VN) that helped him quit. They have some type of moral support and reward system for quitting. He quit years ago now but has become a regular on that board like there are regulars here.

Killthecan.com or maybe org but its ok wasn't for me because I wasn't ready to quit.

VN Store

Back