Quality Athletes and Quality People

No, not scared of the truth. Butch is average and his record is showing it. I hate it, but it is the truth.

When you don't acknowledge the truth it leads me to believe you are scared of the truth.

When you change the subject it leads me to believe you are scared of the truth.

When you don't acknowledge the truth it leads me to believe you are scared of the truth.

When you change the subject it leads me to believe you are scared of the truth.

Not changing any subject. I suggested they accomplished very little and that stance is very easy to defend.

Not changing any subject. I suggested they accomplished very little and that stance is very easy to defend.

Changing from what the players accomplished to CBJ being average is changing the subject.

Try to keep up with your truth.

Very defensive of you. The type of reaction a person scared of the truth gives.
Actually, it was pretty offensive. Notice how you're the only one trying to denigrate the players community involvement with your opinion of Butch? That should tell you something..

Actually, it was pretty offensive. Notice how you're the only one trying to denigrate the players community involvement with your opinion of Butch? That should tell you something..

What did the accomplish on the field. With your constant diversions, even you must see, very little.

What did the accomplish on the field. With your constant diversions, even you must see, very little.
Beat a good VT team (who came close to beating Clem in ACC championship) at a neutral site, beat FL, beat GA in Athens, beat a solid NEB team in MCB, plenty of off field accomplishments.

Reactions: 1 person
No, it was asking for someone to tell of their accomplishments. A list would be nice.

It starts and ends with UF, unfortunately.

Barnett broke RW's sack record.

Won the bowl game to make it 3 in a row.

Hail Mary to beat Ga. You discount that, many don't.

Second all time in points scored(or something like that).

Just because they didn't win a NC doesn't mean they did nothing or even very little.

This here gents is a genuine pissing contest.

Isn't strange that two or three Vol fans would be discussing how "very little" a 9-4 bowl winning team accomplished?

Butch has done an average job on raising the bar for the program. He is getting us closer and closer to being back to where we all want the program to be, a national powerhouse.

Finish the job Butch.

I feel very sorry for you my friend.

I honestly do pity you and I hope you go get the professional help that you so obviously need so badly.

The OP started this very positive, uplifting thread to share the opportunity he and his family had to meet and speak with some of our outstanding footVol players.

Most of us here on VN greatly appreciate people sharing their factual stories of meeting with our players and their opinions of those meetings.

This thread is about the personal interaction of people and our players as students and people.

It was NOT about our past football season because that season is done, finished and over with.

Most all of us are disappointed in the losses to Vandy and USCe and all agree that this past season could have and should have been better but it's OVER and you and many others need to GROW UP and get over it, let it go and move forward.

Here's a FACT for you and others to consider...

In another thread 1 of our great VN posters took the time to look up our footVol teams best years under Coach Fulmer.

The best years we've had in 30 years or more and the average number of Wins during those very BEST years of Tennessee footVol was 9.4 Wins per season.

9 Wins per year during our best years and guess what...in the last 2 seasons buTch and our players HAVE been average like you called them in your pathetic attempt to bash our coaches and players, they DID get the average WINS of 9 per season for the past 2 years in a row, CONGRATS to them all!

In the last 2 years we HAVE also been ranked in the top 25 which hasn't been done in many years.

We also WON 3 Bowl games in a row.

This past season we scored more points and more TD's than any other Tennessee footVol Team in our entire history, EVER!

Our Teams GPA is now way UP and we don't have the NCAA all over us waiting to take schollys away from us because the Team members aren't doing good work in the classrooms.

We got to watch DB break the all time sack record held by our beloved Minister of the D Reggie White, may he rest in peace.

We WON and broke that horrid losing streak against Florida.

We WON against UGa for the 2nd year in a row.

We would NOT have needed the Hail Mary pass at the end if not for Jalen Hurd playing Mr wonderful for the cameras just before he crossed the goal line and got the ball slapped out of his hand and losing us that easy TD.

We are NOT the joke of the SEC any longer and EVERY Team not named alaBubba must now take our footVol team seriously because we ARE now a threat to WIN most any game no matter who we play.

These young kids leave their family and come to Tennessee to get a good education, be molded into fine young men and play footVol and try to Win as many games as they can.

It's high credit to buTch, our coaches and everyone in our AD that when our players meet people like the OP here that they're polite, humble, educated and represent Tennessee in such a fine way.

Much better than a bunch of thugs we have to worry about getting arrested.

Vandy game was horrid and I have no idea what happened.

The USCe loss was NOT about our coaches and players it was all about Josh Dobbs having his worst game ever.

I have HUGE respect for Josh Dobbs and him coming forward and admitting that he did not watch much film and did not prepare for the USCe game like he normally would have.

It takes a real man to take the blame like that.

He didn't prepare for the USCe game because he had a very important paper that had to be finished and handed in on time or his grades would suffer so he spent 2 or 3 nights that week studying in the Library until at least 2 AM each night.

I hated losing that game too but credit to Dobbs for having his most important priorities right.

Yes my friend, our footVol players and coaches did accomplish many good things and we all agree that this past season could have been better but like the OP here, I'm VERY proud of the fine young men and students at Tennessee that play footVol so we can all have great entertainment watching the games!

Please seek the professional help you need so your life won't be so filled with anger, hate and misery that you love to spread like a virus everywhere you go.

May God bless and comfort you.

It's ALWAYS great to be a Tennessee fan!

VFL...GBO!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back