Q. Watson

Seems like it happens more here than at most schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Hill Man
If true, this would make 4 players from the 2012 class.

We're only half way through their freshmen year.

Originally Posted by Volprof
5, if you count Bourque.

At this rate we'll have a class of 10 or 11 left by the time they are juniors - like the Kiffen class.

This is why we are continually playing catch up with the rest of the league. This is why Vandy beat us this year - their roster is full of veteran 3rd, 4th, and 5th year players, while we had so little depth in our upper classes this year.
Vandy beat us because Bray went 11 for 29 with 2 INT's for 103 yards. Also Worley threw an interception for a touchdown. I don't remember if we had fumbles, but 3 turnovers and sorry QB play will usually get you beat, especially if you have the worst defense since Lassie was a pup..

Reactions: 2 people
Home sick....missing his mommy.....doesn't sound like an SEC player.....wish him luck

He's a great athlete. Who knows what he could become with a couple of seasons under his belt. hope he comes back. Dooley used to have that "don't let the door hit ya on the way out" policy. I never liked that. I hope jones makes an effort to get him up back up here.

What r you talking about??? I swear this place is full of people that believe everything they read and then keep passing it along over and over again.

Dooley tried to keep players and gave them multiple chances. The guy got screwed trying to appease so many just so he had players to field a team. All that sit here and bash the guy couldn't handle a small fraction of the crap and stress that would come along with the 3 yrs he was coach.

Attrition happens. Of course it's all Dooley's fault though. Never was kiffins fault and now it has nothing to do with CBJ either. :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
How about some freaking loyalty to a Vol? Its so easy to chime in here and say some stupid, mean spirited thing hiding behind your little keyboard. I'm ashamed of some of y'all.

He would be a good asset as an upperclassmen. IMO

He'd be a good asset now. IDK what half the people smoke on here but this kid can fly. CBJ will actually utilize backs like Watson and DY. He loves to line these guys up in the slot etc and use their speed to draw the defense into a more DB loaded scheme. This allows for more power oriented runs up the middle because teams won't be stacking 8 250+ guys in the box every play. This is why CBJ doesn't consider his offense a true spread.

I like q but seriously losing Bryce brown was a big deal. He is 3 rd on depth chart at best assuming no big freshmen come in. Who gives a /-$)

Too small to run effectively in the SEC anyways, IMO.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Charlie Garner and Travis Stephens were too small also. Since neither of them worked out, I am sure he won't work out either. We should let him go and free up a scholarship. Too small to play at U.T.....

Yeah, I know what you mean. Charlie Garner and Travis Stephens were too small also. Since neither of them worked out, I am sure he won't work out either. We should let him go and free up a scholarship. Too small to play at U.T.....

Yup. Trindon Holliday sucked for LSU, too... Jeff Demps? Scrub.

Seriously, people need to understand that it's not always about the size of a player; sometimes it's their speed combined with the OC's ability to utilize it. Q can be a star under the new system. Really hope he stays.

Yup. Trindon Holliday sucked for LSU, too... Jeff Demps? Scrub.

Seriously, people need to understand that it's not always about the size of a player; sometimes it's their speed combined with the OC's ability to utilize it. Q can be a star under the new system. Really hope he stays.

Don't forget McCluster. How could anyone forget that guy?

Reactions: 1 person
I thought Dooleys "process" in recruiting was to take longer before offering so that he could get to know the kids better and eliminate mistakes. I think his process allowed bamer to sign everyone they wanted before he got started.

:lolabove: :lolabove:

Don't forget McCluster. How could anyone forget that guy?

This. That guy singlehandedly beat us a few years back. The talk of Q being too small is ridiculous. I hope he comes back/stays. Personally I think he'd excel in the spread.

What r you talking about??? I swear this place is full of people that believe everything they read and then keep passing it along over and over again.

Dooley tried to keep players and gave them multiple chances. The guy got screwed trying to appease so many just so he had players to field a team. All that sit here and bash the guy couldn't handle a small fraction of the crap and stress that would come along with the 3 yrs he was coach.

Attrition happens. Of course it's all Dooley's fault though. Never was kiffins fault and now it has nothing to do with CBJ either. :crazy:

I just think of guys like Douglas and brown. It was said that he didn't do much to try to bring them back into the mix. And Dooley was just such a jerk, in general, it's easy to believe what u read. He even said, as it relates to assistant coaches, Im not going to beg any of these guys to stay. I feel he applied that same policy to his players

Agreed. Jones-Drew and Sproles probably should have gone to Akron or somewhere; their speed is suited for the NFL, sure, but I'm not sure they'd make it in the SEC. :eek:lol:

Dude...you are comparing two totally different type of bodies there. Yes, they are all short. I am ok with short. But jones-drew and sproles legs are bigger than Q's waist.

I love the small, thick running backs. But Q is short and light. The two guys you mention have forty pounds more muscle.

Q is fast. But he don't have the frame to get thick

The people saying he is too small, are probably the people guaranteeing every 3* we sign is going to be a superstar!

I just think of guys like Douglas and brown. It was said that he didn't do much to try to bring them back into the mix. And Dooley was just such a jerk, in general, it's easy to believe what u read. He even said, as it relates to assistant coaches, Im not going to beg any of these guys to stay. I feel he applied that same policy to his players

He tried to get brown to come and ask him directly in person for the release and without the pressure his father was putting on him. A cfb coach can't beg a player to stay that is just ridiculous. He needs to sit him down and sell himself to him but not beg. Brown had issues that were way bigger than any coach in Dooley's position could have overcome. Look at his dad if you want someone to blame. Who knows the truth behind Douglas, but it's obvious the kid had major issues as well. Putting blame on Dooley for the direction those 2 decide to take is foolish.

Next you are going to blame Dooley for kicking Janzen Jackson of the team. :crazy:

Dude...you are comparing two totally different type of bodies there. Yes, they are all short. I am ok with short. But jones-drew and sproles legs are bigger than Q's waist.

I love the small, thick running backs. But Q is short and light. The two guys you mention have forty pounds more muscle.

Q is fast. But he don't have the frame to get thick

I see what you're saying. Still disagree. He doesn't NEED to get thick. My post directly above the one you quoted was probably the better argument. Because yeah, Sproles and MJD are a little different.

But Holliday, Demps, and McCluster are all outweighed (or of equal weight) by Q. They aren't thick. They are pure speed and quickness, and they're all making a pretty good living in the NFL. And all were highly successful in the SEC.

VN Store

Back