Pruitt was worried about the Vols in Alabama on Wednesday! Pacing one on the phone.

Devils advocate...maybe Fulmer has him wearing a wire to gather "evidence" directly from inside the belly of the beast. If I was Alabama, i would be a lot more worried about having Pruitt snooping around during early recruiting than the Tennessee fans should be. 😂

Reactions: 7 people
I don't think you guys understand the nature of competition.

I once switched sides between teams during a basketball game in middle school cause the opposing team showed up with fewer than 5 players so they needed someone from our team to volunteer to play for the other side. I volunteered and played hard as hell to beat my original team (which had a couple of my siblings already playing on there as well).

Once it's me vs you, nothing else matters. I'm sure Jeremy Pruitt is doing everything in his power right now to benefit Tennessee. He's a competitor. Those Alabama ties mean nothing to him now. He's just finishing the job he started. And I don't think him coaching Alabama for a few weeks during the dead period affects us too badly. And like Philip Fulmer said, the attention that comes from being in the playoff is well worth it.

I'm betting this happened recently

Reactions: 10 people
If Bama’s Defense holds Clemson.....
In before all the “Damn right that’s our coach” talk.

Reactions: 1 person
He’s worried about Tennessee while working for our rival. How comforting

As a teacher, I can tell you that he is doing it for the kids. He would much rather just be working at UT right now, but instead he is busting his tail off for his students. It will benefit us in the long run. If his name is mentioned in association with UT one time then it was worth for sure. If they mention Pruitt and Sherrer in the championship game, then be ready for some big time exposure. (I hope Oklahoma beats Georgia though)

Reactions: 6 people
As a teacher, I can tell you that he is doing it for the kids. He would much rather just be working at UT right now, but instead he is busting his tail off for his students. It will benefit us in the long run. If his name is mentioned in association with UT one time then it was worth for sure. If they mention Pruitt and Sherrer in the championship game, then be ready for some big time exposure. (I hope Oklahoma beats Georgia though)

It's funny but the only coordinator under Saban that I have ever seen get much air time was Kiffin (who Gary Danielson loves).

What happens if Alabama and Georgia goes into overtime and Alabama beats them by one point? :)

Good God, please stop this rationalization about what Pruitt is doing as being the honorable thing to do. Did Pruitt make perfectly clear to all of the Alabama recruits that he signed that he might leave after any particular season, or did he "recruit" them by telling them that he would do everything in his power to develop them into NFL players in their 3 or 4 years at the Capstone? If he implied that he would be there for all of the Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors on the team throughout their careers, is he doing them wrong by leaving to coach UT before he's fulfilled his commitment to them? No, of course he's not wronging them, because things change. Pruitt should have gone to work for UT full time upon hire just as Saban did for LSU when he left before Michigan State's bowl game.

There is nothing we can do about that mistake now, other than hope Pruitt is a good choice once he does start giving UT his all. And there is no need to rationalize his working to improve our rival as an act of honor. Especially when it is more likely an act designed to keep Pruitt in Alabama's good graces to enhance his chances to be hired to be Saban's replacement when Saban retires.

He should not have agreed to keep coaching bama. It's a shame we allowed him to do so.

It wasn’t about “allowing”. It was understood that he would finish before he accepted the job. Easy decision.

Good God, please stop this rationalization about what Pruitt is doing as being the honorable thing to do. Did Pruitt make perfectly clear to all of the Alabama recruits that he signed that he might leave after any particular season, or did he "recruit" them by telling them that he would do everything in his power to develop them into NFL players in their 3 or 4 years at the Capstone? If he implied that he would be there for all of the Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors on the team throughout their careers, is he doing them wrong by leaving to coach UT before he's fulfilled his commitment to them? No, of course he's not wronging them, because things change. Pruitt should have gone to work for UT full time upon hire just as Saban did for LSU when he left before Michigan State's bowl game.

There is nothing we can do about that mistake now, other than hope Pruitt is a good choice once he does start giving UT his all. And there is no need to rationalize his working to improve our rival as an act of honor. Especially when it is more likely an act designed to keep Pruitt in Alabama's good graces to enhance his chances to be hired to be Saban's replacement when Saban retires.

Whatever helps you through the trauma. :boredom:

It's funny but the only coordinator under Saban that I have ever seen get much air time was Kiffin (who Gary Danielson loves).

They were all over Kirby. Years before he accepted the UGA job.

Just doesn't sit right with me. Cutcliff left us before the Fiesta National Championship game to be Ole Miss head coach. Is this a sign of his true loyalty? I should hope not for the amount of money we are paying him. I don't think it's a good thing for TN head coach to continue coaching our number 1 most hated rival. Especially with early signing period going on. Did it affect our results of the early signing? Who knows.

IMO, he is showing “great character” and “resiliency” to these pla.... “individuals” he has invested in and made promises to like he said... he has great “competitive character” he is a true “champion of life” and showing his “5* heart”.

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Sorry I bout puked just typing it....... glad we don’t have to hear that anymore.

I think it says a lot about him that he is staying. It worked out for Kirby last year. Don't overthink the situation. He made a commitment to coach his team at the beginning of last year and their goal is a National Championship. As long as that goal is attainable then I say good for Pruitt for seeing it through! I think all coaches should stay if your team is in the playoff regardless of what your next job may be. That's the ultimate accomplishment in CFB and to be a part of it is an honor that few teams get to experience. Now if it's any other bowl game which is really just a glorified money grab, then coaches should move on to their next team.

This is exactly the way everyone should feel. But we have become a negative, gloom and doom society. Cant handle not getting our way. It's pretty pathetic really.

He's finishing what he started, this year. Recruits know that coaching staffs change. He started the 2017 season on the Alabama staff, and he's finishing the 2017 season on the Alabama staff. Again, I'm sure Coach Fulmer was okay with it. Honorable thing to do.

If that concept escapes your understanding, then so be it. Much like a Marine who's about to get out at his EAOS, he still stands his last watch like it was his first.

I don't claim to hold the moral high ground here, we apparently just have differing opinions on how things work in the coaching fraternity, in which I have zero experience.

In the end, we both want the same thing. So on that point we can agree.

Go Vols.

I don't think you guys understand the nature of competition.

I once switched sides between teams during a basketball game in middle school cause the opposing team showed up with fewer than 5 players so they needed someone from our team to volunteer to play for the other side. I volunteered and played hard as hell to beat my original team (which had a couple of my siblings already
playing on there as well).

Once it's me vs you, nothing else matters. I'm sure Jeremy Pruitt is doing everything in his power right now to benefit Tennessee. He's a competitor. Those Alabama ties mean nothing to him now. He's just finishing the job he started. And I don't think him coaching Alabama for a few weeks during the dead period affects us too badly. And like Philip Fulmer said, the attention that comes from being in the playoff is well worth it.

Oh wow. Middle school basketball, that's really comparable. Well, I mean, that was only about 5 years ago for you.

This is the price you pay when you go after and hire a coach from a winning program. As a fan, would you prefer a coach who was available immediately because he didn't (or couldn't) make a bowl game or a coach who is in the playoffs with a chance to win another National Championship.....I know I want a winner and those championship rings are going to get the attention of every recruit.

Reactions: 2 people
He's finishing what he started, this year. Recruits know that coaching staffs change. He started the 2017 season on the Alabama staff, and he's finishing the 2017 season on the Alabama staff. Again, I'm sure Coach Fulmer was okay with it. Honorable thing to do.

If that concept escapes your understanding, then so be it. Much like a Marine who's about to get out at his EAOS, he still stands his last watch like it was his first.

I don't claim to hold the moral high ground here, we apparently just have differing opinions on how things work in the coaching fraternity, in which I have zero experience.

In the end, we both want the same thing. So on that point we can agree.

Go Vols.

I look at it differently. If Northrop were hiring rival Lockheed's #2 executive to head up a proposal for the 6th generation fighter to replace the F-22, they would expect him to commit to their team's efforts to win the contract (championship) immediately. They would not expect him to continue to make Lockheed's product better to the detriment of Northrop's proposal. It has nothing to do with honor or any commitments that he made to his Lockheed staff.

It's a cutthroat competition. Lockheed (Saban) is playing for keeps. Northrop (UT) has ceded to Lockheed's whims, needs, and timeline. I hope Northrop gets the contract, but...

It is amazing for me to see people complaining about Pruitt coaching in the playoffs.

It speaks volumes to me about him caring about the players he committed to. It makes me believe he will care about our players. So many coaches seem to not have a second thought about the players they were supposed to be committed to.

Coach Pruitt has shown already that he is dedicated to making Tennessee great. The coaches he is surrounding himself with, and the players he has already brought in will get us back to where we are supposed to be.

Please stop the negative complaining and support this coach and staff. Everyone is watching and reading. And that includes those young men who have already committed to UT and those who will in February.

Coach Pruitt came into a terrible situation which he did not create, and he is doing great already, and will continue to get even better.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back