Pruitt On Finebaum ...

Dooley got a southern accent. How'd that work out for you? Seems like that is an important criteria around here. If Saban won 6 NC's here in the last couple years, would you care if he sounded like Connor McGregor?

Just tribalism. One of "us" or one of "them". A southern accent indicates NOTHING about your intelligence. Good or bad.

I didn't see people running John Kelly out of town and he was from Detroit.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope he does not walk around practice like Jones with a stupid microphone.. Maury Jones

:) i keep realiizing there were more things that i always overlooked but actually disliked about jones since he's been gone.

You know PF is conflicted.

"I always talk down about Tennessee because I'm a Bama homer at heart..."

Tennessee hires Jeremy Pruitt, a lifelong Bammer.

"Oh ****, what do I do now?"

Is Pruitt a lifelong bammer? He said in the presser that his dad was an auburn fan. I'm guessing he was an auburn fan more than a gimp. Who knows, though...hes a pro and he's our coach now. That's all that matters.

Reactions: 2 people
[youtube]https://youtu.be/a_LlfWHsNXo[/youtube]

The more I watch our coach the more I really like him. About time we got someone with a Southern accent to coach for Tennessee. Go Vols!

Also, on Jan. 16, they begin their new S&C program! How exciting!

Dooley had a southern accent. I don't understand why this matters to people. I wouldn't care if our coach was mute and communicated with dry erase boards. JUST WIN BABY!!

Is Pruitt a lifelong bammer? He said in the presser that his dad was an auburn fan. I'm guessing he was an auburn fan more than a gimp. Who knows, though...hes a pro and he's our coach now. That's all that matters.

Given he grew up in Bama, graduated from Bama, spent eight of his eleven years in collegiate coaching at Bama, I'd say that qualifies as close to "lifelong" Bammer as anything.

But you are correct, he is a Vol now. And hopefully he's burning anything crimson right now. Even to go as far as burning his Santa hat since it's red. We'll replace it with this:

university-of-tennessee-college-18-christmas-santa-hat-ut-vols-new-01bf3f8b8d28bc368e36e07ef5ec4ea4.jpg

About time we got someone with a Southern accent to coach for Tennessee. Go Vols!

Could care less about that, and it shouldn't matter.

Southerners are strange birds though.

You're putting words in my mouth. Where in my post did I say that having a Southern guaranteed success?

Personally, I find the Southern accent quite refreshing after 5 years of Bullocks Jones.

Yes, particularly after the kind of accent or lack thereof, and talking style putting spin above substance, that was so characteristic of the lately deposed HC.

Pruitt's southern accent and down home manner is a welcome change to this Vol fan.

The more I watch our coach the more I really like him. About time we got someone with a Southern accent to coach for Tennessee. Go Vols!

---
When Dooley was hired guys were saying the same thing. "Glad we have somebody who talks like us". I prefer a guy coaching Tennessee who is from the south too...but it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme.

---
When Dooley was hired guys were saying the same thing. "Glad we have somebody who talks like us". I prefer a guy coaching Tennessee who is from the south too...but it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme.

Don't you love it when someone repeats the same point that has been stated like 10 times already in the same thread... :thud:

Last edited:
yeah, there's only so much access the media and public needs.

It is nice for all of us to believe that CJP is going to have control over the locker room and maybe get the team to buy in. It always seemed like CBJ never had the connect with the team that is needed and lacking, IMO.

Figure it our guys, peytonmanningwoo is nothing but a Pruitt hating TROLL.

There's lots of useless TROLLS here on VN now and has been for a long time.

As long as they keep getting attention they'll keep coming back to TROLL some more.

Who has the cases of TROLL Be gone?

VFL...GBO!!!

Given he grew up in Bama, graduated from Bama, spent eight of his eleven years in collegiate coaching at Bama, I'd say that qualifies as close to "lifelong" Bammer as anything.

But you are correct, he is a Vol now. And hopefully he's burning anything crimson right now. Even to go as far as burning his Santa hat since it's red. We'll replace it with this:

university-of-tennessee-college-18-christmas-santa-hat-ut-vols-new-01bf3f8b8d28bc368e36e07ef5ec4ea4.jpg

Of course he also played at MTSU, so maybe we should worry about that too.

Thought this was going to be an article by Pruitt about his opinion of finebomb.

Nope. Degraded into a "Southern accents are awesome" or "ugh, such tribalism" fight real quick. I like the southern accent too and of course it doesn't mean jack about his chances here.

Just tribalism. One of "us" or one of "them". A southern accent indicates NOTHING about your intelligence. Good or bad.

I didn't see people running John Kelly out of town and he was from Detroit.

You talk about tribalism like it’s a bad thing...

While commenting on a message board for a specific college football team. Or, do you go to games and pull for both teams playing in Neyland, and every other team playing that day?

We got us a real southern country man in Coach Pruitt. I think he is going to do a great job here looking forward to next season.

VN Store

Back