Pruitt Expects Chryst to Provide Lift to Team

If anyone thinks Chryst came without being told he has every opportunity to start, you may get your 5 start heart broken. If JG is the starter come game time with WV, it'll be because he earned it. If he doesn't, then he won't, simple as that.

Reactions: 5 people
If anyone thinks Chryst came without being told he has every opportunity to start, you may get your 5 start heart broken. If JG is the starter come game time with WV, it'll be because he earned it. If he doesn't, then he won't, simple as that.

I agree with this...
I read another article from his old coach that stated he told Chryst that TN would be a good fit for him..And it would give him a chance to play and shine instead of sitting the bench...

GBO

Reactions: 1 person
This team needs strong leadership on both sides of the ball. Competition is heating up! Go Vols!

Who’s saying different? It’s recruiting. Big jump from OPPORTUNITY to GUARANTEE. “He didn’t transfer to sit on the bench” screams guarantee. He has no CHOICE in the matter is all anyone’s saying. He has to win the job. What he’s thinking is irrelevant.

If JJ is benched in opener, will he pout on the sidelines?

If he does, CPF and CJP will put there boot so far up his butt , ....... If a player is disappointed with playing time, i get it.. But if they dont realize they are 1 play away and they need to have their damn head in the game,,,,

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This. And I mentioned it in another thread but I want to mention it here as well because I'm an attention whore who wants everyone to give me an e-pat on the back when it comes to fruition, but I think Guarantano is in the process of making a giant leap forward in his development. He is getting SEC-caliber coaching for the first time and it showed in the spring game.

It reminds me of the Crompton situation when Kiffin got here... highly rated QB who hadn't lived up to expectations. Good coach comes in and makes a world of difference. I'm expecting a breakout season from JG.
I agree with the crompton comparison. When it clicked at the end of the Auburn game his senior year he played like an all sec caliber qb the rest of the season. I think Guarantano will have a similar moment when it all comes together, hopefully that moment comes in the West Virginia game.

I don't. I think he will provide great leadership and be a stabilizing influence but think JG is the starter unless he gets hurt.

I think I will wait until the week before that WVa game and see have both have performed during Fall practice. For sure, one of them needs to take control Of the team. Then we will know who will be the starter. It could be either one.

Someone else in another thread said it best, he's probably not the best QB on the roster but not the worst. Much depends on chemistry between QB's and the o linemen, receivers and backs. Do they like him on a personal level? Does he inspire trust? Does he cause them to have confidence in the offense?

My take on this is,if the transfer is a good teammate,and he can get the ball moving and put up points,the team will take him in like a warm fuzzy puppy.And the fans will love him from now on!!!

I’m not sure how JG starts considering how poorly the offense played last year.

I know it’s not all his fault but enough was to justify getting benched if CJP goes that route.

I’m not sure how JG starts considering how poorly the offense played last year.

I know it’s not all his fault but enough was to justify getting benched if CJP goes that route.

Guess Trey Smith and EVERY OTHER starter should give up football.

Reactions: 3 people
He did show some immaturity last year when he did not get into the game when expected he would play. We will see in September.

Volinvonore, I am not too surprised that a freshman or even sophomore would manifest some immaturity now and then. We'd rather they didn't, but everybody has their lapses. Hopefully he is a bit wiser now, a year later.

He did show some immaturity last year when he did not get into the game when expected he would play. We will see in September.

We all know how he conducted himself during the Georgia Tech game, Let’s focus on what he did the rest of the season. He had some faults, one being holding on ball too long, but he matured some before our eyes as the season went on. Noone knows if he will be the starter come September, thats going to be up to him and he competes.

Reactions: 2 people

Chryst aint' blind. He watched our games last season and chose to come here for a reason. He thinks it's his best chance to finish his career getting enough reps on tape to get a shot at the league. I can't think of a much better chance based on visuals.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back