Pruitt changing Vols' culture by removing fear

It's called building confidence...If kids believe and is confident in their HBC they will play with confidence!

I agree, he did not take his foot off the gas when he had the lead. If he had we would not have won that game.

I liked the onside kick call.

Its called playing to win instead of playing not to lose.

Read that article yesterday and thought it was really good. I don't usually associate defense-minded coaches with the kind of "gutsy" play-calling that Pruitt has been making, but I like it a lot. You can let it all hang out on offense and still play great defense.
I'm going to try to make sense of this, he is a defensive mind, but in so that he is strategic in an offensive defense, he believes that both sides of the ball should run plays to attack the other team, and score from both sides of the ball. Listen to his coaching show and at every turnover he laments how it should have been a score, he truly has a different mindset than our previous coaches for a long time. But that's not to say that he has it all implemented and is infallible.

"Bold men"
This article tends to make much of them.. I will point out the "bold men" that catch live rattle snakes are very careful and have planed their bold moves many times. The same with coaches, They plan, practice and watch for the right time and circumstance, the make the bold move. Doing it this way, removes the fear from his mind and the teams.

This is well said

Reactions: Shilohfan
There have been times when folks here scoffed at the idea of "playing to win" vs "playing not to lose"... this article illustrates the difference.

Not throwing the Team under the bus after every game goes a long ways also.

Not throwing the Team under the bus after every game goes a long ways also.
But he has called players out. He's criticized the team too. The obvious difference between him and Jones is that Jones never admitted publicly that he or his staff did anything wrong. It was always the players.

Pruitt has a habit of turning it back to him even when he criticizes players or the staff. He takes full ownership whereas the "caretaker"... didn't.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Here is what i already like about Pruitt. He'll do whatever it takes. He will adapt. Phil said in that press conference he'll take his chances with this coach. He saw something, probably was told something. Bama is where we want to be as a program. He went and may have got the best coach off that staff..

Here is what i already like about Pruitt. He'll do whatever it takes. He will adapt. Phil said in that press conference he'll take his chances with this coach. He saw something, probably was told something. Bama is where we want to be as a program. He went and may have got the best coach off that staff..

By getting that coach he helped UT greatly and hurt Bama at the same time. Fulmer got two birds with one stone. Too bad Bama's got an Offense now.

VN Store

Back