Props for Jarrett and Swain w/ Keaton

This is from a girl I went to high school with who knows the family:

“To say I’m upset, devastated, heartbroken and completely shocked doesn’t even begin to how I felt going to bed last and waking up this morning. My friend is being completely shook to her core over rumors on the internet about her and fake accounts being set up raising money and her being called a racist. She is now being bullied by spineless trolls all because she posted a video about her son Keaton being bullied at school. Coming from an LEO family I know you do NOT read the comments on social media heck you don’t even read the articles themselves. But it’s hard to tell your friend that when she is receiving death threats. I can promise you that this is NOT a scam and these are all fake accounts and she has NOT set up gofundme accounts. She has even publicly denied them and said they don’t endorse them. Please continue to pray for Kimberly Jones and Lakyn Jones-Bell and Keaton and Mia. They need them now more than ever. Lakyn is taking her finals in school right now and graduates this month she does not need this pressure right now.”

I don't know all the details about the supposed pictures, but the family is dealing with a lot of hardship based on what looks to be unjustified slander perpetuated by sensationalist reporting.
Its no secret, you take the good with the bad on the internet.

I don't post much, but some in this thread have gone full retard. There is honestly no debate or discussion to be had on why the war was fought, or the status of the confederate flag as a hate symbol.

If you want to be a racist and display hate symbols, rock it out. I am all about you being able to do so. However, don't be a coward and claim it is anything other than it is, or that the war was fought over anything other than it was. Or that it is a joke, or ironic, or funny. Any claim other wise is simply insupportable.

For example, here is an excerpt from the "Corner Stone" speech. You know, by the vice president of the confederate states.

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition.

This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us. Many who hear me, perhaps, can recollect well, that this truth was not generally admitted, even within their day. The errors of the past generation still clung to many as late as twenty years ago. Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics.

All fanaticism springs from an aberration of the mind -- from a defect in reasoning. It is a species of insanity. One of the most striking characteristics of insanity, in many instances, is forming correct conclusions from fancied or erroneous premises; so with the anti-slavery fanatics; their conclusions are right if their premises were. They assume that the negro is equal, and hence conclude that he is entitled to equal privileges and rights with the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be logical and just -- but their premise being wrong, their whole argument fails."

The bulk majority of declaration of causes of secession were slavery based. For example:

On January 7, 1861, the ordinance signed in Montgomery that “it is the desire and purpose of the people of Alabama to meet the Slaveholding States of the South, who may approve such purpose, in order to frame a provisional as well as permanent government upon the principles of the Constitution of the United States.”

On February 2, 1861, Texas declared its decision to be “based upon the unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color—a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of the Divine Law.”

On March 9, 1861, Arkansas’s George B. Smoote added a resolution: “Resolved, that the platform on the party known as the Black Republican Party contains unconstitutional dogmas, dangerous in their tendency and highly derogatory to the rights of slave states, and among them the insulting, injurious and untruthful enunciation of the right of the African race of their country to social and political equality with the whites.”

On April 17, 1861 latecomer Virginia, provoked by Lincoln’s raising troops to suppress the already seceded states, declared “Lincoln’s opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery” as it cut ties with Washington. Tennessee was the 11th and last, its population divided on secession (eastern Tennesseans generally opposed it), but not on the slave issue.

On top of all of that, you had the resurrection of the flag during the civil rights movement, and even now still flies above some government institutions. Try googling 'rebel flag civil rights pictures" and let me know if that is "South" you are trying to represent. Because for pretty much anyone not a racists *******, it isn't positive. If you think a minority is going to see it as anything other than horrible and tragic, you are smoking bath salts.

In the end you can think the swastika is a cool buddhist symbol that represents unicorns, puppies, and ice cream in the land of cotton candy. The rest of the planet knows, not thinks, but knows its a straight up hate symbol.

If people want to fly a rebel flag or swastika or whatever, man rock it out. I prefer to know who people are and what they are about, so I can avoid the hell out of them. For the love of God however, stop pretending it is some symbol of southern brotherly love and the representation of hospitality and your mamaws biscuits.

It isn't. It is a symbol of hate, oppression, and decades of systemic racism, and nothing but disgusting atrocities took place under its shadow. It is an embarrassment to a true proud southerner. Period.

Reactions: 4 people
Most people consider the continent of Africa as the armpit of the world. Hence why so much humanitarian aid is spent there. When it comes to certain regions, yes rich LA is superior to Memphis. The armpit of America is probably Clayton or Harlan County, Kentucky objectively.

I would actually prefer to live in Knoxville than Hawaii.

Most racists do think that. Not most people. Most people aren't racists.

Africa is larger than most of North America, Europe, and China combined.

There are some places that are super modern and affluent, there are some that are the stereotypical depiction of Africa that you have latched on to. Only ignorant people think that Africa is a monolith. Its extremely diverse.

Only a racist writes off a whole continent that large. Especially when they are obviously clueless about it. People that think that don't even know American history and culture but think somehow they are an expert on Africa.

Why did you single out Memphis? Because its a "black city?" I said TN. Nothing about Memphis. There are several TN communities with worse crime, education, and unemployment than Memphis in TN that have less than 10% minority populations. Ever heard of Cocke County?

So Liberal Cali has a better culture than TN? Even the TN areas without any minorities are worse in every category than Cali.

Most "liberal" states have better education, income, and health than the Southern conservative states. So liberal state culture is better according to you?

Or their black,Asian, Latino pride. White people aren't the only ones capable of racism.

The first and only correct thing you have said in the whole argument.

Last edited:

There are some places that are super modern and affluent, there are some that are the stereotypical depiction of Africa that you have latched on to. Only ignorant people think that Africa is a monolith. Its extremely diverse.

Only a racist writes off a whole continent that large. Especially when they are obviously clueless about it. People that think that don't even know American history and culture but think somehow they are an expert on Africa.

Why did you single out Memphis? Because its a "black city?" I said TN. Nothing about Memphis. There are several TN communities with worse crime, education, and unemployment than Memphis in TN that have less than 10% minority populations. Ever heard of Cocke County?

So Liberal Cali has a better culture than TN? Even the TN areas without any minorities are worse in every category than Cali.

Most "liberal" states have better education, income, and health than the Southern conservative states. So liberal state culture is better according to you?

Africa should be thriving from top to bottom. It's got as many natural resources as others you listed. Every country on that continent should be like Botswana, but it's not. Maybe I should of been more specific with saying either the Ivory Coast, Northern Africa, or Somolia were the armpits of the planet.

I do know enough about Africa to know that they don't need free stuff westerners donate.

I know you're wanting me to walk into a contradictory argument, but not today.

Reactions: 2 people

Bless your heart.

Bring your incorrect ideology to the political forum for further dissection and invalidation.

Last edited:
In the live twitter stream Fils Aime posted of Keaton touring the complex you can clearly hearing him saying "THAT BOY UGLY RIGHT THERE... TGWT BOY UGLY"..." What a joke he is to the rest of the team and he should be disciplined ASAP

I kind of think he was talking about the player that was walking toward him. At least I hope so.

It's probably not the right time to be messing around if that's true. With the message they are trying to send

Definitely. I’m not 100% sure, but it seems too stupid he would personally post a video making fun of the kid

Never a better time to stop bullying. This kid has the voice and the attention to make a difference for thousands of other kids. Starts with the parents though. We have to know how our kids are treating other kids. Unreal the people who have reached out to Keaton...from VOLS to celebs to everyday people. Very proud of our VOLS and VFLs right now.

agreed.

It is more important to be ROLE MODELS.

They model their actions from ours.

"Do what I say, not what I do", doesn't work.

We should all fix OUR problems before preaching to our kids. (Me included)

VN Store

Back