Property Taxes

Property taxes (at least in TN) does not pay for infrastructure so try again.
Aren't schools infrastructure? I know for a fact the recent potholes' repair along HWY 127 in Franklin County from Arnold AFB were immediately covered from the local coffers. Now, there may be state and/or federal reimbursement at a later date, but the immediate fix was done with local funds.

Aren't schools infrastructure? I know for a fact the recent potholes' repair along HWY 127 in Franklin County from Arnold AFB were immediately covered from the local coffers. Now, there may be state and/or federal reimbursement at a later date, but the immediate fix was done with local funds.

No, schools are not infrastructure.

No, the potholes were not repaired with property tax money. That came fro local sales tax money or other revenue sources. It’s just amazing how little you know about where your local government and school district gets its money.

No, the potholes were not repaired with property tax money. That came fro local sales tax money or other revenue sources. It’s just amazing how little you know about where your local government and school district gets its money.
I thought the government just paid for everything. Is that not true?

Next you are gonna tell me that my tax dollars are being used to fund wars! And that our country is in a tremendous amount of debt. Cmon Hogg! Stop being silly.

Ok🤭

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
sounds messy
It happens. The bank is typically the first bidder at the courthouse and would bid up to their lien value as any excess over the tax lien goes to the lien holders and anything over that goes to the owners. Now, some states have laws giving the owner up to a year to pay the winning bidder the amount paid on the taxes before it is fully the winning bidder's property. If the property is paid off, can hit the jackpot with that. Saw a guy come out of closing in Atlanta back in 2001 pocketing a cool $100K on a house in the West End he didn't touch a year after he bought it on the court house steps.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I’d want to investigate how out of state property owners pay their fare share. Most of them don’t generate significant sales tax revenue, and while many would have homes valued at more than $1M, they’d be getting the first mill tax free. Might this encourage out of state ownership (not sure if WY has income tax but OOS owners don’t pay that either) which might drive up home prices for the people that live and work there

I’d want to investigate how out of state property owners pay their fare share. Most of them don’t generate significant sales tax revenue, and while many would have homes valued at more than $1M, they’d be getting the first mill tax free. Might this encourage out of state ownership (not sure if WY has income tax but OOS owners don’t pay that either) which might drive up home prices for the people that live and work there
Fare share? Dumb. They pay the same as everyone else. That's the point.

Do you think when a rich perosn buys the property they don't do anything with it? They may not be on site but they ar paying for lots.

I know what my property taxes pay for and am ok with it. If it meant an upgrade to the facilities at my public schools, I would gladly pay more for it. I'm glad our roads are repaired and upgraded as needed in my community. If a city and county makes the necessary improvements with tax revenue, I am satisfied. For the most part, I'm happy how my local government has appropriated the revenue
Your argument appears to have shifted from:

“no, I don’t pay the government to maintain my ownership”
-to-
“I’m ok with how the government spends the money I pay them to maintain my ownership”

Reactions: LouderVol and hog88
Fare share? Dumb. They pay the same as everyone else. That's the point.

Do you think when a rich perosn buys the property they don't do anything with it? They may not be on site but they ar paying for lots.
You seem to be the one with shallow thinking.
I’m just curious as to how much tax burden OOS owners might pay. Their property is still covered by police protection, and they have roads to get to their property, How much tax do they pay for these services? They topically don’t buy their vehicles locally, or clothes or in many cases even groceries….and I don’t know if WY charges sales tax on services such as lawn care.
this was a republican sponsored bill so we know it has to be favoring the rich

VN Store

Back