Promotion/experiment with top ads on mobile.

I'm testing moving the mobile ad we had near the top of the page, to an ad at the very top, which sticks there. If you have any issues/feedback, let me know in this thread.

thanks.

I'm testing moving the mobile ad we had near the top of the page, to an ad at the very top, which sticks there. If you have any issues/feedback, let me know in this thread.

thanks.

I don't think I'm a huge fan. Maybe it would be better at the bottom? I like my notifications and whatnot being the very top thing on my screen.

I don't think I'm a huge fan. Maybe it would be better at the bottom? I like my notifications and whatnot being the very top thing on my screen.
Bottom is an option but I feel like it interferes with scrolling. Thanks for the feedback.

I'll keep your feedback in mind though. I haven't made any final decisions.

Putting it under the notification bar might also be an option.

Anyone have a black bar at the top of their screen, above VolNation on mobile? @Freak ?
View attachment 521979
Yep. Ads have been going crazy today as well
Freak must be doing maintenance.
I'm doing some testing trying to move the ad at the top below the forum name to being pinned at the very top. The other mobile ads we use just aren't paying anything so I'm trying this out. It's why most network sores are using these including some that charge a monthly fee already.

It can go at the top of the bottom and I'm trying out the top. Feedback welcome.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
The ad at top does not bother me
So, @Freak, you may continue. Lol
Thanks for the feedback. In the 20 years we've been around I always try to put user experience at the forefront, because that's the most important thing. But we also have to try to pay the bills to keep this place running. šŸ˜

@Freak

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I'm having an issue. It just started today and I'm not the only one.

The page is not loading correctly. See the black bar above the VolNation banner? The VolNation banner is usually there. If it was where it was supposed to be I could see Bill's avi.

Screenshot_20221208-201711_Chrome.jpg

@Freak

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I'm having an issue. It just started today and I'm not the only one.

The page is not loading correctly. See the black bar above the VolNation banner? Tge VolNation banner is usually there. If it was where it was supposed to be I could see Bill's avi.

View attachment 522007
The black bar is a promotion we're testing for ads. I moved the ad that was near the top to the very top where it's stickied. But the ad servers seem to all be down right now so it's just showing a black bar. Leave any feedback in that thread.

@Behr is Bill's avi hidden when you load the page? What device/browser are you using?

Yes.

Samsung S20FE chrome
I'm using chrome on android and have no issues seeing the full thread and avatar at the top. Anyone else seeing blocked avatars?

I'm moving this to the other thread.

It's an ad slot where I moved the ad from near the top up to the very top. It's black because the ad servers seem to be down at the moment. See the thread in the help forum and post any feedback there.
It's annoying. Lol

VN Store

Back