Pringles and the fetishization of competition

Yes, you creating the rules equals freedom.

As I said before.

The choice between Lays or Pringles is not a choice. It's not freedom. It's an illusion. It's like living in Plato's cave.

The choice between the Elephant and the Jackass is not a real choice. It's not freedom. It's an illusion. It's like living in Plato's cave.

Real freedom is having authentic life choices. Real freedom is the ability to ACTUALLY topple Microsoft with a better mousetrap.

The choice between Lays or Pringles is not a choice. It's not freedom. It's an illusion. It's like living in Plato's cave.

The choice between the Elephant and the Jackass is not a real choice. It's not freedom. It's an illusion. It's like living in Plato's cave.

Real freedom is having authentic life choices. Real freedom is the ability to ACTUALLY topple Microsoft with a better mousetrap.

You can't even list all the choices, that is how many there are.

I know you are wanting to appear highly philosophical but you just come off as stupid.

Reactions: 2 people

How is it an illusion? You are just saying words and not explaining anything.

Pringles are the best potato chip. Nothing else comes close in their class. Why do we waste so many resources making a entire supermarket aisle of inferior chips? Is choice really freedom when competition has made a lot of inferior schlock?

The answer is no.

The fetishization of competition in every aspect of our lives is both ridiculous, destructive and inefficient. What we need is quality and quality based on full price.

Everyone will be screaming at this point MONOPOLY. Rightly so. However, herein lies the power of regulation. Pringles should not be allowed to charge the monopoly price, but rather the proper marginal price. This model worked brilliantly for the most important industries of the 20th century, most importantly electrification. Currently, we all pay monopoly prices through big box collusion in the supermarkets anyway.

Everyone at this point will be screaming INNOVATION. Rightly so. Again, the key is to pour resources dedicated into improving Pringles until the next Pringles 2.0 is discovered. This should be the new model of entrepreneurship.

Competition belongs on the sports fields, not in the economy. It's a long-standing fetish to ensure "labour market flexibility."

Competition is in every aspect in your life.. It's how the world operates

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Pringles suck. Made from tater mush. Stuff nobody'd eat. Pringles 2.0 sucks worser. Made from rotten tater mush pigs won't eat.

You foistin' a sack ... ah .. er ... a can o' sheite on us ol' son!

Chips...especially barbecue...are often best from the smaller producers. Moores BBQ are a great example. Store brand chips are sometimes better than national brands. I have gotten to where I can't stand regular lays, pringles, etc. Best food I have discovered in a while is the new frosted mini wheat strawberry. Mmmm mmm. I am sure we could have an entire thread on cereal though.

EVH = UTGibbs. Just waiting for 800lb gorillas the right outside your backdoor scaring away all your free range chickens...

Reactions: 1 person
Wow. EVH is definitely one of the worst posters both in the FF and here, bit why would a person ever basically steal a horrible thread idea to begin with?

Or did we just see an alt revealed? I am shocked aND a little baffled tbh?

Good job catching this one fwiw

Thanks!

VN Store

Back