Pretty Weak Schedule by Comparison

Notre Dame being #1 is a huge fail. They're citing team's like Miami (who sucks), Stanford (who no longer has Luck), Purdue, Boston Colllege, and Pittsburg as though they are tough games. Granted ND plays USC, Michigan, OK State, etc which are tough teams but I would take them over Bama, LSU, and Arky all day long.

Ole Miss has the toughest schedule in the league by far.

ND doesn't play Ok State. They play Oklahoma.

People think our offense is going to put up unprecedented numbers this year, but you have to remember we play BAMA, USC, UGA, and UF who will all have top 10 defenses this year, not to mention Miss St, who always plays good D, especially at home, and Vandy, which despite them being Vandy, have played fairly good D the last several years. Don't think we've blown them out too many times lately. That's half of our schedule facing good to great defenses.

OK with me. Didn't we have about the toughest last year? About time we caught a schedule break and now we only have to play one top 10 preseason pick instead of 4 or 5 like last year.

I am ok with a "weak" schedule this year b/c if there was ever a year that the Vols needed a softer schedule, it would be this year..Perfect timing,IMO..No reason why we shouldn't win 9 reg. season games and receive a decent bowl invitation.:)

How is Florida at 5th hardest when they have essentially our schedule but A&M instead of Miss and LSU instead of Alabama. FSU v NC State - I get FSU is better but other than that their schedule is a wash compared to ours.

These are just preseason schedule rankings.... Half way through the season everyone will shift up or down. NC State could have the toughest schedule playing UT, and Duke :rolleyes: could run the table.

Ouch! The combination of a really bad team and a really tough schedule is gonna make for a really long year for Ole Miss

How is Florida at 5th hardest when they have essentially our schedule but A&M instead of Miss and LSU instead of Alabama. FSU v NC State - I get FSU is better but other than that their schedule is a wash compared to ours.

Bc FSU is currently a top 10 team...nc st isnt ranked. That is a big difference. I would obviously rather play nc st than fsu...u? I would also rather play miss st over tx a&m.

I think it has to do with home vs. away games. UF's road schedule is:

A&M
UT
UGA- Neutral
FSU

UT hosts UF, Bama, & Mizzou and the road games aren't that bad...see last year!

Uuuuum. Am I missing something here? Weaker schedule....yes. Weak schedule.....I don't think so. We are still roughly within the top third of the hardest schedules. 120 schools....we're at 46. Sounds good to me.

Perfect timing IMO.

It's interesting how the members of the DDNMWB are happy about a weak schedule. Don't worry he should get his 8 easy wins and y'all can get excited and claim he's righted the ship.

One of the things I've pretty much always appreciated was UT playing good teams. Playing a bunch of cupcakes doesn't make you a better team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back