Pretty good breakdown of Jaylen Wright and how he fits in Miami

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Pass-blocking for a running back has become more of a lost art over the years, but Wright was one of the best pass-protecting backs in the country last season. He was charged with just three pressures (no sacks) across 58 pass-blocking snaps in 2023. Running backs who struggle in pass protection typically lack an element of strength and a willingness to seek out contact, which is certainly not the case for Wright.
In Jaylen Wright, the Dolphins have a back who can convert those tough short-yardage situations. While he is not the biggest back, he is strong and consistently able to keep the legs churning through contact. He will not shy away from opposing defenders; he’s willing to lower the shoulder and play with a level of physicality the Dolphins desperately need more of.
Wright immediately steps in as the team's clear best pass-blocking running back. No quarterback had a quicker average time to throw than Tua Tagovailoa’s 2.34 seconds, but the offense suffered at times because it could not hold up long enough in pass protection.
Every NFL team will have their depth tested at some point in the season. At the very least, Jaylen Wright should be able to carve out a third-down role in the offense to begin the season.

If he can improve his between the tackles running he will be a star. I think he is a better version of Alvin Kamara.

lol tell me you’ve never watch him play without telling me.

We run between the tackles over 90% of the time and he was elite
What you or I see in a college game is not necessarily what NFL scouts see and what NFL teams want from the player. Wright is a very patient runner between the tackles and that may hinder him at the pro level as the game speed is higher. He will have to improve that. Can he? Heck yes and I think he will be a top 10 RB within 2 years, barring injury.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back