Preston Williams test score flagged by NCAA

Mainly because he is on a different level from anyone we have had in a very long time. If he redshirts, we only get 2 years out of him.

As for Jennings, he is still learning the position and has not seen live snaps yet. He may very well turn out to be a good WR, but it is way too early to crown him as one of the leaders of our WR group.

Of the 18 underclass receivers that entered the NFL draft last year only 10 were even drafted. Just like it's to early to crown Jennings it's also to early to assume Preston leaves after 3 years.

Reactions: 4 people
Of the 18 underclass receivers that entered the NFL draft last year only 10 were even drafted. Just like it's to early to crown Jennings it's also to early to assume Preston leaves after 3 years.

If he's great he'll only stay three years...if he's not he should return for the fourth. If you redshirt him and he's great, you get two years out of him. Redshirt is an option for those that are hurt or underdeveloped. If he's healthy enough to play, he doesn't need developing.

Reactions: 3 people
Mainly because he is on a different level from anyone we have had in a very long time. If he redshirts, we only get 2 years out of him.

As for Jennings, he is still learning the position and has not seen live snaps yet. He may very well turn out to be a good WR, but it is way too early to crown him as one of the leaders of our WR group.
This is what Danny Parker from Scout said today on Dave Hookers show. I hope Williams did pass and we get to see him play this season

If he's great he'll only stay three years...if he's not he should return for the fourth. If you redshirt him and he's great, you get two years out of him. Redshirt is an option for those that are hurt or underdeveloped. If he's healthy enough to play, he doesn't need developing.

So pretty much what I said it's to early to assume Preston will leave after three years. If the coaches think he should RS then he will RS and if they think he's ready to play then will play him.

So pretty much what I said it's to early to assume Preston will leave after three years. If the coaches think he should RS then he will RS and if they think he's ready to play then will play him.

If he's too hurt to play, he redshirts...if not, he plays. :)

I didn't say it but I figured you understood 3 is better than two...right?

Last edited:
I highly doubt that Preston would be in uniform for the team picture, let alone walking the sidelines at the open practice wearing the new camp gear if Butch didn't have a good idea he was going to be eligible.

Reactions: 8 people
Hyams just said that PW is looking like "an ABSOLUTE beast" from what little he has seen from him this fall camp.

Jimmy doesn't say things like that everyday.

Reactions: 1 person
Preston would have been a 5 star and the #1 or #2 WR coming out of HS if not for the injury. Most services had him there but his ranking progressively dropped as the season went on.
Plus PW is a type A personality the WR core desperately lacks.

Reactions: 1 person
Preston would have been a 5 star and the #1 or #2 WR coming out of HS if not for the injury. Most services had him there but his ranking progressively dropped as the season went on.
Plus PW is a type A personality the WR core desperately lacks.

Truth be told, the Vols need a couple of more type A personalities along the offensive front as well....mean sob's

VN Store

Back