Premiere of "The Interview" cancelled

Available for download in the US via xbox, google play, youtube, but oddly not on playstation network (yet)

d38tdns.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Let me ask a rhetorical question (I know what some of you would already say if it was Obama), but what if a filmmaker in another country made a movie that was about an assassination attempt on a POTUS? Would you call it art or would you have outrage?

Well, well.

US Strategic Negligence, North Korea and the Sony Slideshow :: JapanFocus

The real video we should be watching is not The Interview but US Strategic Command’s deterrence symposium from August 14, 2014. At minute 23.35 (see here), recently retired US Major General John MacDonald who served until recently in US Forces Korea/Combined Forces Command/UN Command in Korea, advocates including assassination of North Koreans in STRATCOM’s policy options kitbag for dealing with Kim Jong Un over the next three years.

Unlike The Interview, this movie is not satirical, nor is it fictional. It is posted by US Strategic Command, the military command that plans for using nuclear weapons against North Korea. Cyber Command that may lead US retaliation against North Korea is a component of Strategic Command.

Stratcom.mil is the one website that we can be assured that the North Koreans monitor on a daily basis. This video is on a US government website. As Commander-in-Chief, President Obama owns this assassination video.

You really didn't see this coming? You all can keep on using your tinfoil hat attacks all you want, but eventually, you will see that this country is creating boogeymen to advance some other gain. There is no reasonable person out there that could have believed that the North Koreans could have been involved with this. Most 'Muricans are dumb and will believe anything the media or their govt will tell them.

There was a fellow on Fox this morning making a pretty convincing case that the evidence is extremely thin that it was North Korea. Apparently, the only basis for that is a "call back" script within the malware that told it to send data to an IP address in North Korea. But this guy explained that it could just be part of the malware, which had been used before. It doesn't mean it came from there and in fact there are many instances where there are multiple call back scripts in the same malware, to different places.

He said given the volume and type of information taken, he is very skeptical that it was done by someone solely outside Sony, that it has all the earmarks of an inside job, perhaps a disgruntled employee. Someone familiar with their system and its contents, and who has basically committed the crime and left a note from someone else taking the blame/credit.

Now, let me also play devil's advocate here on the notion that whoever did this might well have done us an enormous favor. Consider:

1) This incident has brought the issue to the fore. There is now discussion about making available to business some of the more advanced government techniques to defend against cyber attacks. Though the issue has been talked about before, we have a concrete example and that might make everyone more careful.

2) We're out one movie. Not a nuclear power plant or air traffic control, or the nation's banking system. And apparently, according to the critics who did see it, we are out one pretty bad movie.

Just saying, if the issue is going to go to the top of the list of things for us to deal with, maybe this wasn't such a bad way to get it there. There could be worse.

Post from 12-19.

Let me ask a rhetorical question (I know what some of you would already say if it was Obama), but what if a filmmaker in another country made a movie that was about an assassination attempt on a POTUS? Would you call it art or would you have outrage?

A filmmaker making a movie about a fictitious event in a comedic way? Wouldn't offend me. It's different if a movie came from the state in an obvious propaganda film.

A disgruntled employee is far more likely than some kind of North Korean plot.

North Korea is mad about the film which is produced by a Japanese company in the US, 2 countries they hate. This was a perfect way to poke the bear with 0 repercussions.

And the FBI said they even know which NK hackers were responsible. I love conspiracies as much as anyone, but I think this is a time when the president told the truth. They have nothing to gain from pinning it on NK.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back