Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

The Reece James Effect.

Subs on late with us down 1. Instantly he has an impact up and down the right side of the pitch and we score 2 goals in 3 minutes including assisting the winner which was a sublime cross to the far corner. His loss was huge to this team. Just hope the hamstring surgery was the key to keeping him on the field long term.

1715452937646.png

Reactions: The Dog
Why is it a given that you’ll beat Everton?
The last time Everton even got so much as a point at the Emirates (aside from a behind closed doors game in 2021 which doesn’t really feel like it should count) was 2013. The last actual win was in 1996 when they still played at Highbury. That place has been a house of horrors for Everton.

The last time Everton even got so much as a point at the Emirates (aside from a behind closed doors game in 2021 which doesn’t really feel like it should count) was 2013. The last actual win was in 1996 when they still played at Highbury. That place has been a house of horrors for Everton.
I could still see a tight Arsenal team playing for a title drawing with an Everton team who have a pretty solid defense on Sunday. I wouldn’t say it’s probable, but I do think it’s possible.

Also, I was mainly just teasing MAD.

Reactions: MAD
I could still see a tight Arsenal team playing for a title drawing with an Everton team who have a pretty solid defense on Sunday. I wouldn’t say it’s probable, but I do think it’s possible.

Also, I was mainly just teasing MAD.
I hope we at least give it a go in the interest of the league’s integrity, and you’re right, our defense has been VERY good aside from the Chelsea game in April. But I won’t be shocked if we run out a massively rotated, and unmotivated team. We don’t really have anything to play for and only a couple guys needing to stay fit for the Euros in a few weeks.

Also, with the financial state of the club, and rumors that basically every player will have a price this summer, I wonder how much they will be willing to risk injury to our most sellable assets, namely Branthwaite and Onana.

My cynical take: Spurs draw today and Arsenal go into the final day level on points with City, but three goals to the good. Arsenal beat Everton 2-0, but City win the league anyway on a preposterous 5th goal in the 98th minute or something like that, to beat West Ham 5-2, because of course they do. Level on points, level on differential, and take the league on goals scored.

New plan. City inexplicably draw against a defiant West Ham. Arsenal lead and comprehensively outplay Everton throughout, and are moments away from winning the league for the first time since Arsene's invincibles, with a +1 goal differential. But they surrender an equalizer in the last gasp of second half stoppage.

And I am feeling Spursy. Chelsea and Newcastle win their last two, and the Spurs lose Sunday to the worst team in the EPL and end up in 7th.

I hope we at least give it a go in the interest of the league’s integrity, and you’re right, our defense has been VERY good aside from the Chelsea game in April. But I won’t be shocked if we run out a massively rotated, and unmotivated team. We don’t really have anything to play for and only a couple guys needing to stay fit for the Euros in a few weeks.

Also, with the financial state of the club, and rumors that basically every player will have a price this summer, I wonder how much they will be willing to risk injury to our most sellable assets, namely Branthwaite and Onana.
Fair point about the finances. I hadn’t thought of that. I’d say that other clubs will definitely come after those two this summer.

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t too upset about us losing yesterday. Especially since we played so well and didn’t lay down. If Son had buried his chance to make it 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, we probably would have gotten something out of that game.

However, what I was upset about was the fact that our fans were cheering and chanting “Are you watching Arsenal?” after Haaland’s first goal. It’s one thing to know there’s a silver lining if you lose a game. It’s another to openly root against your own club in your own stadium while the match is still being played. I don’t blame Ange for being so upset in his post-match press conference.

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t too upset about us losing yesterday. Especially since we played so well and didn’t lay down. If Son had buried his chance to make it 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, we probably would have gotten something out of that game.

However, what I was upset about was the fact that our fans were cheering and chanting “Are you watching Arsenal?” after Haaland’s first goal. It’s one thing to know there’s a silver lining if you lose a game. It’s another to openly root against your own club in your own stadium while the match is still being played. I don’t blame Ange for being so upset in his post-match press conference.
Yeah, Ange was rightfully salty before and after the game with all of the questions about it. I don’t blame him one bit and I agree with you, silver lining is great, openly rooting against your team is “meh”.

That ain't passing, IMO.

Don't love VAR by any means but my main issue is the way it's utilized not VAR itself.
I doubt it will either. I hope they’ll agree on some tweaks though. Goal line technology is fine, and has been for a while. Implement WC-style automated offsides (which I think they are already), only allow replays to be shown at full speed, limit reviews to 60 seconds. If you can’t decide that quick, it wasn’t clear and obvious and just go with the on-field ref’s call.

VN Store

Back