Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Congrats on having your title hopes ruined. UTFT
It’s funny yall would rather see a team with 117 infractions win. A team that has escaped punishment when your club has not. Yall will probably even lay down to Arsenal.

And yes, I’m big mad right now.

1713993973816.gif

Last edited:
Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernández has undergone groin surgery and will miss the remaining six games of the season.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Chelsea midfielder Enzo Fernández has undergone groin surgery and will miss the remaining six games of the season.
Apparently the hernia was pretty bad. Was taking pain injections just to play as there wasn’t a chance for worse injury. Definitely some games, especially lately, that you could tell he just didn’t look right. Should be fully recovered for Copa America and next season though.

Much like me as a poster, LFC is imploding. As much as Mo has done for the club you cannot act like that, especially when he has disappeared for the latter half of this season.

Apparently the hernia was pretty bad. Was taking pain injections just to play as there wasn’t a chance for worse injury. Definitely some games, especially lately, that you could tell he just didn’t look right. Should be fully recovered for Copa America and next season though.
For sure.

At least Cole is back today.

The all time record for most goals conceded in a PL season is 100 by Swindon Town, in a 42 game season. Sheffield Utd have conceded 97 through just 35 games. Even the Derby team that got 11 points for the whole season only conceded 89.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Incredible day to be an Everton supporter. Essentially secured PL survival, ended Liverpool’s title hopes, beat Klopp in his final derby, and snapped a 14 year winless streak in home derbies all in one day. Doesn’t get much better than that.
Let's finish the season strong and build for next year with the point deductions behind us

Much like me as a poster, LFC is imploding. As much as Mo has done for the club you cannot act like that, especially when he has disappeared for the latter half of this season.
Any word on what that even was about? I’m sure he was upset coming off the bench but that seemed like something bigger than that, especially after Salah’s comment after the match.

Any word on what that even was about? I’m sure he was upset coming off the bench but that seemed like something bigger than that, especially after Salah’s comment after the match.
My guess would be he thought he should be starting. He has been fiery before for being subbed early, etc. But considering his form as of late, he has not done much to deserve starting outside of his career.

My guess would be he thought he should be starting. He has been fiery before for being subbed early, etc. But considering his form as of late, he has not done much to deserve starting outside of his career.
I haven’t watched them a ton this year, but was thoroughly unimpressed by them in the Derby Wednesday.

Diaz and TAA really seemed to be the only players who offered any kind of threat. Salah looked used up, VVD about the same. Nunez is turning into a much more expensive version of Adama Traore, in the sense the he offers everything but the end product. Apparently Szoboslai and MacAllister were out there, but who would have known?

Klopp appears to be on autopilot too, or they’ve all just tuned him out if they weren’t up for a derby with a title hanging in the balance. I know Everton have been good at set pieces this year, but losing 90% of the aerial duels in a derby is largely down to effort. We aren’t THAT good at them.

Fill in the blank.

This is the most important North London derby in the last ___ years.

Near the end of the season and Arsenal in a title battle and Spurs in a Champions League spot battle. A LOT on the line.

Fill in the blank.

Near the end of the season and Arsenal in a title battle and Spurs in a Champions League spot battle. A LOT on the line.
If Arsenal win tomorrow and then go on to win the league this season, I would guess it’ll be judged pretty significant in retrospect.

To be completely honest, tomorrow is more about preventing them from winning the League than the race for fourth. At least for me it is. I would imagine a lot of Tottenham fans feel the same way.

But in answer to your question, I’d say 2017 was pretty big for us. First time we’d finished higher in the table than them in something like two decades. Kept us alive in the title race that year too.

Fill in the blank.

Biggest I can remember in terms of BOTH teams having stakes. Even 6-7 years ago when Spurs were challenging for the title, Arsenal were so far down the table their only real motivation was wrecking Spurs’ season.

Just looked at what Spurs have coming up, and while they’ve got games in hand, their fixtures are brutal. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, and Burnley who have found a bit of form and now back in the fight for survival.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I haven’t watched them a ton this year, but was thoroughly unimpressed by them in the Derby Wednesday.

Diaz and TAA really seemed to be the only players who offered any kind of threat. Salah looked used up, VVD about the same. Nunez is turning into a much more expensive version of Adama Traore, in the sense the he offers everything but the end product. Apparently Szoboslai and MacAllister were out there, but who would have known?

Klopp appears to be on autopilot too, or they’ve all just tuned him out if they weren’t up for a derby with a title hanging in the balance. I know Everton have been good at set pieces this year, but losing 90% of the aerial duels in a derby is largely down to effort. We aren’t THAT good at them.
I think a lot of their legs are gone. We don’t have the players to rotate like City do. Injuries have played a part as well - Szobo hasn’t been the same since picking up the groin injury earlier. I’m really not sure what happened to Salah though. He has offered absolutely nothing in the last 1/3 of the season.

LFC have always struggled with set pieces under Klopp but Everton’s strategy was pretty clear. They were surrounding, pushing and blocking off VVD on almost every set piece. It’s why VVD kept getting irate with the official. Of course I want fouls called for it, but it happens in every match.

It is amazing how much better we look with Jota up front. We have created plenty of chances in the last 1/3 of the season, just haven’t been clinical enough. Unlucky to have him pick another injury. Nunez - not sure what to say about him. I hope he gets it figured out because it seems like he has the tools/talent, just don’t let him think. I feel like when given time to think, he usually gets whatever horribly wrong.

And never underestimate the determination of a team facing relegation battle at end of season. Those can be extremely tough sides to face.

Last edited:
Biggest I can remember in terms of BOTH teams having stakes. Even 6-7 years ago when Spurs were challenging for the title, Arsenal were so far down the table their only real motivation was wrecking Spurs’ season.
Arsenal finished 5th that season. One point off the Champions League. Which is probably closer to fourth than we’ll finish this year.

You can make a pretty solid argument that their title challenge is more realistic than ours was. We were chasing Chelsea and they’re roughly even with City (1 point clear but City have a game in hand).

Other than that, it’s a similar situation. The roles are just reversed.

If Arsenal win tomorrow and then go on to win the league this season, I would guess it’ll be judged pretty significant in retrospect.

To be completely honest, tomorrow is more about preventing them from winning the League than the race for fourth. At least for me it is. I would imagine a lot of Tottenham fans feel the same way.

But in answer to your question, I’d say 2017 was pretty big for us. First time we’d finished higher in the table than them in something like two decades. Kept us alive in the title race that year too.
Yuge Totty fan today

VN Store

Back