Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

I’m fine with Europa if it means Arsenal don’t win the Champions League. That’s more than a fair trade.

Was a little disappointed with City though. Bernardo Silva tried a Panenka which immediately blew up in his face… Lunin didn’t even move.
Decent day for a Spurs fan, huh? Hated rival gets knocked out and they see their former captain and Spurs legend on the team that knocked them out.

Silva went down the middle against Kepa in Carabou Cup 2019 too. Kepa was pictured giving advice to Lunin today before the pens. Kepa give warning about that? Possibly, Lunin didn't budge at all.

Decent day for a Spurs fan, huh? Hated rival gets knocked out and they see their former captain and Spurs legend on the team that knocked them out.

Silva went down the middle against Kepa in Carabou Cup 2019 too. Kepa was pictured giving advice to Lunin today before the pens. Kepa give warning about that? Possibly, Lunin didn't budge at all.
Haha I do have a soft spot for Kane; combined with them playing Arsenal, it was hard to root against Bayern this round. Even if it was technically not in our best interest.

I didn’t see that about Kepa. He may have said something then. Lunin made him look stupid though. It was an exciting match, lots of chances for both sides. The other one was a bit anticlimactic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Palmer has become the first Chelsea player to reach the 20 mark since Eden Hazard in 2018-19.

Palmer has become the first Chelsea player to reach the 20 mark since Eden Hazard in 2018-19.
First player in Chelsea history to score 2 hat tricks in the same year and is only the 4th player in Chelsea history to score 4 goals in a game. He's been brilliant. We'd be even further down the table without him.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Not that it’s going to make any difference, but I’ve enjoyed seeing so much pushback on all the changes to the FA Cup starting next year. Eliminating replays completely sucks for everyone who isn’t one of the Big Six, especially the lower league clubs. And playing the final on the next to last weekend of the PL season, as opposed to after it, is just idiotic.

Not that it’s going to make any difference, but I’ve enjoyed seeing so much pushback on all the changes to the FA Cup starting next year. Eliminating replays completely sucks for everyone who isn’t one of the Big Six, especially the lower league clubs. And playing the final on the next to last weekend of the PL season, as opposed to after it, is just idiotic.
Yeah, I don’t like it. This is a cool read about some past replays.

If you have to play any version of the City team at Wembley in the FA Cup Semis, that's the version you want to play today. They looked very tired from their mid week 120 min match against Real Madrid. And yet still, while Chelsea weren't great, they missed more big chances and they will be kicking themselves for losing that. Shame. Copy and Paste template for most of our Wembley games the past few years.

Massive win for Everton today. Maybe not all the way safe just yet, but very close now. Two points should do it from here on, and if we can’t get two points from Brentford/Luton/Sheff U, we don’t deserve to stay up anyway.

Good banter from Crystal Palace after Forest took to Twitter to complain about VAR after today’s match. In fairness to Forest, I’m not sure how they didn’t get a PK from the third review. The other two could have gone either way.

Good banter from Crystal Palace after Forest took to Twitter to complain about VAR after today’s match. In fairness to Forest, I’m not sure how they didn’t get a PK from the third review. The other two could have gone either way.

I saw that right after the game and was wondering what "consider its options" consisted of in this case. What can NFFC actually do?

I saw that right after the game and was wondering what "consider its options" consisted of in this case. What can NFFC actually do?
I honestly have no idea. If Liverpool had no recourse earlier this year when VAR realized a verifiable procedural mistake about 10 seconds after play restarted, I don’t think Forest have many options to contest judgement calls after the match has ended. Maybe boycott the PL by playing next season in The Championship where there is no VAR, lol?

As much as VAR sucks, it’s basically the same as if it didn’t exist. Sometimes you’re going to be on the **** end of some decisions, and other times get some breaks. Glad Everton were the ones getting the breaks today, because we’ve been on the other side a lot.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97

I don't keep up with many other leagues except the Premiership.

Any opinions on this from those with more global knowledge?

From my very limited research, he seems like a Klopp clone in regards to style of play philosophy.

Oh my. This Chelsea line up for today 😂💀 No Palmer, No gusto, Silva isn't starting, Academy right back and half the bench is academy kids.

Multiple goal loss incoming.

VN Store

Back