Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

It’s criminal that both the Arsenal-Bayern and Madrid-City games are both at the same time today. Gonna have to pull out the dual screens I guess.
One thing that Paramount Plus does well is to have a split screen feed where they cycle back and forth between the commentary as exciting things happen in each game.

But...you're right. It's bad enough that these are QF matchups. They could have at least put them on different days.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
One thing that Paramount Plus does well is to have a split screen feed where they cycle back and forth between the commentary as exciting things happen in each game.

But...you're right. It's bad enough that these are QF matchups. They could have at least put them on different days.
That split screen was great when I used that on my TV one time but I’ve tried to use it on my laptop and splitting a smaller screen like that made it hard to follow play as well. But yeah, doesn’t make any sense to me. They’ve done the early/late game split all throughout group stage and first knock out round, no reason they can’t stagger these game times. Feels like an opportunity lost for more money for Paramount / UEFA too.

I didn’t realize that Bayern has had such a bad run of form this year, is it the Tottenham loser effect?

After Liverpools draw over the weekend the odds flipped for winning PL:

Liverpool before had 44% > now it's 29%
Arsenal before had 23% -> now it's 30%.
City before had 33% -> now its 40%.

1712758860484.png

That’s probably curtains on the title race. City haven’t lost in any competition since early-December, so kinda tough to see them throwing the lead away now that they have it.

The one time I pull for Arsenal. Which made me nauseous to do so.
You probably should pull for them midweek against Kane too. I know that'd be tough but if Arsenal lose to Bayern, plus Liverpool/West Ham exit Europa, then the odds will no longer be in the PL’s favor to get the extra CL spot in next years CL. If Arsenal and City both advance then that guarantees at least one PL team in the CL final as they both would play each other in the semis. Then if Aston Villa keep winning in ECL that helps too. That would probably be enough to seal the extra spot which then it won't matter if you get 4th or 5th.. You still get CL.

That’s probably curtains on the title race. City haven’t lost in any competition since early-December, so kinda tough to see them throwing the lead away now that they have it.
It isn't over but this is definitely City’s normal end of year stretch run. They always play so well in the league down the stretch and it makes it so teams need to keep pace. Tough to do for a lot of teams.

Liverpool just in a rough patch, we will see if they can turn it around. Arsenal has a tough stretch of games with Villa sandwiched between two mid week QF CL games the past week plus next week. City was able to rest a little bit yesterday against Luton and I expect them to rotate again some for the SF FA Cup game against Chelsea next weekend too. I also expect them to still beat Chelsea, but that's besides the point.

Each teams PL games left against teams in the top 6 right now:
Liverpool - Villa and Spurs
Arsenal - Spurs and United
City - Spurs

Spurs can have a lot to say about the title race. Depending on this next week though, we will see who has the more hectic schedule with advancing in Europe or not. If Liverpool exit Europa, they could be the only one of the 3 that can fully focus on PL title while also getting more rest. They will need City and Arsenal to drop points though for it to even matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Kelly
It isn't over but this is definitely City’s normal end of year stretch run. They always play so well in the league down the stretch and it makes it so teams need to keep pace. Tough to do for a lot of teams.

Liverpool just in a rough patch, we will see if they can turn it around. Arsenal has a touch stretch of games with Villa sandwiched between two mid week QF CL games the past week plus next week. City was able to rest a little bit yesterday against Luton and I expect them to rotate again some for the SF FA Cup game against Chelsea next weekend too. I also expect them to still beat Chelsea, but that's besides the point.

Each teams PL games left against teams in the top 6 right now:
Liverpool - Villa and Spurs
Arsenal - Spurs and United
City - Spurs

Spurs can have a lot to say about the title race. Depending on this next week though, we will see who has the more hectic schedule with advancing in Europe or not. If Liverpool exit Europa, they could be the only one of the 3 that can fully focus on PL title while also getting more rest. They will need City and Arsenal to drop points though for it to even matter.
We’re about as bipolar as an Instagram model at the moment so I have no idea what to expect from us. We do get City and Arsenal at home though while we have to go to Anfield. That’s in Liverpool’s favor.

Good point about the extra CL spot. We’ll probably need English teams to keep winning in Europe because it’s looking more and more likely that we’ll finish 5th this season.

We’re about as bipolar as an Instagram model at the moment so I have no idea what to expect from us. We do get City and Arsenal at home though while we have to go to Anfield. That’s in Liverpool’s favor.

Good point about the extra CL spot. We’ll probably need English teams to keep winning in Europe because it’s looking more and more likely that we’ll finish 5th this season.
Welcome to the club on the bolded, we've been this way all year lol.

I like y'alls chances on getting a spot. I think Arsenal and City will both advance and if Atletico advance past Dortmund I think that would pretty much wrap up an extra spot even if Leverkusen win Europa League.

Reactions: Charlie Kelly
Dortmund advancing is no bueno for Country coefficient for UEFA. Imperitive that Arsenal and Man City advance now.

Why don’t you think it’s good for Dortmund to advance?
Great for them and Germany. I was speaking towards my posts the other day about the chances of England getting an extra UEFA team next year. Dortmund advancing bolsters Germany’s odds and it's basically between Germany and England. Spain has pretty much already locked up the first extra spot.

So long 5th champions league spot for England teams. Down goes Arsenal AND City 😯
I’m fine with Europa if it means Arsenal don’t win the Champions League. That’s more than a fair trade.

Was a little disappointed with City though. Bernardo Silva tried a Panenka which immediately blew up in his face… Lunin didn’t even move.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back