Prediction....someone's getting fired

99gator

Congressman
This isn't pretty, so if you are a sunshine pumping Vol or Gator....don't read this.

I think the loser of this game is in serious trouble and this is the breaking point for the losing fan base.

Butch is in his 5th year. He hasn’t won anything. Florida isn’t good. If you have laid the bricks properly and you are good and your football team is good, you win this game. It’s that simple. If you don’t, it’s just another piece of evidence that lets people know you ain’t the guy.

Jim is in year 3. He’s won the East twice, which means Florida was the tallest midget. This was the year where it wasn’t about what Muschamp left behind. It’s his guys. No more being the tallest midget. You are at home. Tennessee isn’t good. If your team has improved, if you are an offensive mind, if you are a desperate team, then you go out and play football at a level that doesn’t make people change the channel to watch Tennessee Tech vs. Ball State in order to see a first down.

Now, in my opinion, on 9/13/17, the dye has been cast. These two teams are not what their fan bases want them to be. The loser of this game will reach the proper level of disappointment quicker. But, rest assured, the winner will be disappointed soon enough.

This is an elimination game. For the loser, the writing will be on the wall for the head coach. I don’t believe either has a level of improvement in them that will make them happy by the end of the season. They may not be fired at the end of the season. But, don’t kid yourself, they will be dead man walking.

I honestly don’t know what to think about this game. All I know is that each team is capable of a level of horrible that boggles the mind.

Other than the long term future of these two programs, I don’t think anything is really on the line other than one season’s worth of bragging rights. These teams aren’t going anywhere.

This isn’t a meltdown. This isn’t jumping off a ledge. This isn’t fainting goats.

Who wins this game? Florida, of course. Why? I have no idea.

This isn't pretty, so if you are a sunshine pumping Vol or Gator....don't read this.

I think the loser of this game is in serious trouble and this is the breaking point for the losing fan base.

Butch is in his 5th year. He hasn’t won anything. Florida isn’t good. If you have laid the bricks properly and you are good and your football team is good, you win this game. It’s that simple. If you don’t, it’s just another piece of evidence that lets people know you ain’t the guy.

Jim is in year 3. He’s won the East twice, which means Florida was the tallest midget. This was the year where it wasn’t about what Muschamp left behind. It’s his guys. No more being the tallest midget. You are at home. Tennessee isn’t good. If your team has improved, if you are an offensive mind, if you are a desperate team, then you go out and play football at a level that doesn’t make people change the channel to watch Tennessee Tech vs. Ball State in order to see a first down.

Now, in my opinion, on 9/13/17, the dye has been cast. These two teams are not what their fan bases want them to be. The loser of this game will reach the proper level of disappointment quicker. But, rest assured, the winner will be disappointed soon enough.

This is an elimination game. For the loser, the writing will be on the wall for the head coach. I don’t believe either has a level of improvement in them that will make them happy by the end of the season. They may not be fired at the end of the season. But, don’t kid yourself, they will be dead man walking.

I honestly don’t know what to think about this game. All I know is that each team is capable of a level of horrible that boggles the mind.

Other than the long term future of these two programs, I don’t think anything is really on the line other than one season’s worth of bragging rights. These teams aren’t going anywhere.

This isn’t a meltdown. This isn’t jumping off a ledge. This isn’t fainting goats.

The loser of this game may very well spiral the drain for this rest of the season. I' think it's a safe bet that Jim or Butch will be looking for a new job come the start of 2018.

Last edited:
I don't think our administration is prepared to make that kind of decision for the reasons you've outlined.

:eek:lol: Unless the wheels fall off this season both coaches will still be coaching these teams in 2018, but it might be their last.

Reactions: 11 people
It's amazing how long Florida has stuggled on offense. You have to go all the way back to Tebow to find an elite one.

Reactions: 2 people
Bout the only thing I disagree on is Florida winning.

UT wins, but like you I'm not sure how.

The rest of that post makes good sense both ways.

Reactions: 6 people

Au contraire mon frère!

UT has won 17 out of their last 21! UT has won 3 straight bowl games!

Get your facts straight before making such crazy statements! :loco::):p

And I agree with your post. Someone has the heat turned up after Sat. :good!:

Reactions: 5 people
I can definitely see the wheels coming off at ut if butch loses this game. Losing to uf while they are in such bad shape will be devastating to his career . no excuse. It will set the tone for the rest of the season . media and fans will blow this loss up. Most will cash out on butch , rather or not the AD fires him is another story.

If uf loses it doesn't really matter. The wheels have already came off there .

I think we win and believe we've had a tough opener . we will see a different defense ....I hope.

Reactions: 3 people
Just had a conversation with Freak about how weird this game is. Its very strange.

CBJ isnt getting fired if we lose. Too many vols fan are hard core CBJ apologist and most have accepted being a mediocre team filled with excuses.

Me personally, i hope we beat the crap out of Florida. Ive never used injuries as an excuse for a Tennessee lose and i dont care what state Florida is in. (Just speaking football wise of course). I hope it puts you guys in all out panic mode and you go through 5 coaches in 4 years trying to figure out how to beat Tennessee.

As far as CBJs future in relation to this game, if he can follow up a mud stompin by winming the east, he should get a good extension. If he loses.....wooh. thats gonna be tough rite therrr.

C'mon 99, did you have to feed them? They weren't done snacking on the 27 players quote, now you've given them a whole other course!

Bout the only thing I disagree on is Florida winning.

UT wins, but like you I'm not sure how.

The rest of that post makes good sense both ways.

It had a lot of conviction behind it.

Truth be told, the worst part about the Michigan loss is that I don't think Mac saw it coming.

I think they were genuinely surprised which tells me they are having to rethink everything.

Add in suspensions and hurricanes and I actually think Tennessee will win.

I was just having a little fun. Probably the last fun I will have this season.

But, hey.....How bout them Jaguars!

Reactions: 9 people
Your thinking too hard. Most fans support Butch. Because of the size of our dumpster fire this is more like year 3 for Butch than year 5. The AD needs a good six years here before finding another's job. If he fires Butch the clock starts ticking on him. If he hires a bad replacement for Butch he is toast. Cash is King. As long as seats are filled Butch is fine.
Expect to see Butch coaching next year.

Reactions: 6 people
Butch already did his we are 17-4 in the last 21 games bit.

Jones said his team's belief that it can beat a quality opponent on the road "is a byproduct of being 17-4 in our last 21 (games)." Alabama is the only SEC team with a better record during that span.

Laying the groundwork to defend a loss...but only Alabama is better than us in the last XX amount of games. :banghead2:

The loser of this game may very well spiral the drain for this rest of the season. I' think it's a safe bet that Jim or Butch will be looking for a new job come the start of 2018.

I think it is even money that BOTH will be looking by year's end.

Reactions: 1 person
I can not imagine the wrath that will be poured out on CBJ on this site if we lose. On the other hand, if he wins people will sing his praises. How is that for a tightrope?:confused:

VN Store

Back