OL (3) — Landon Dickerson, Brodarious Hamm, Ryan Johnson
WR (3) — Jeff George, Corey Henderson, Diondre Overton

DEFENSE
DT (2) — Derrick Brown, Alexis Johnson
DE (2) — Chidi Okonya, Koron Crump
LB (1) — Daniel Bituli
S (2) — Chanse Sylvie, Nigel Warrior
CB (2) — Nigel Knott, Marquill Osborne

Wish there was another RB, but I'll take it.

OFFENSE
QB (1) — Jarrett Guarantano
RB (1) — B.J. Emmons
TE (1) — Austin Pope

DEFENSE
LB (1) — Daniel Bituli

Good list. Would love to get Derrick Brown.

Hopefully we can get Holyfield, because you know he has a mean streak with his dad being a boxer great. Sadly he is from Alabama and probably didnt grow up as a UT fan.

Pope's commitment introduces a new wrinkle in the numbers crunch. It's going to be interesting to see how they make the numbers work and get the class we need.

OFFENSE
QB (1) — Jarrett Guarantano
RB (1) — B.J. Emmons
TE (1) — Austin Pope

DEFENSE
LB (1) — Daniel Bituli

One for one on the DT's. Time to get Brown.

The staff is looking at Joseph Young as the second back. One rb in 2016 gives us 5 rbs on scholarship. And we will take 2-3 in 2017.

Wow the staff likes young that much? We seem to be in on a lot of really talented backs this year so it surprises me to hear that they are only going to take 1 in 2016

Wow the staff likes young that much? We seem to be in on a lot of really talented backs this year so it surprises me to hear that they are only going to take 1 in 2016

They like the 2017 guys better. Theres a good chance we have 2 5* rbs in state next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Bump. I figured since there's been of an overreaction here in the RF since last Saturday (myself included), so I figured I'd bump the 2016 class predictor to get us talking about one of our favorite parts of the RF - Recruiting! Below is a list of needs that are JMO.

Top 3 Remaining Needs for 2016 Class-

3. Cornerback-

The only senior contributor at corner on the roster is Max Arnold, who also is a backup at the safety spot. However, I am making the assumption that Mr. Orange Swarm himself, Cam Sutton, will declare for the NFL Draft following this season. If that is the case, we will have 6 returning scholarship corners/nickels for the 2016 season: Foreman, Moseley, Martin, Gaulden, Abernathy, & Miller.

The only current corner committed for 2016 is Marquill Osborne (maybe can include TD Marshall if that's where he projects). Ideally, I think you'd like to have 9 corners/nickels on your roster, so I'd like to see at least 1 more corner added.

Potential options: Nigel Knott (Sept. 23 commit date), Donte Vaughn (Oct. 12 commit date), Khalil Ladler, Troy Pride Jr. (Va Tech commit), Jordan Parker (UT visit Sept 19 vs WCU)

2. Offensive Line-

As of now, it looks like we will lose 3 seniors from the offensive front in Crowder, Jackson, & Kerbyson. Without any attrition, we will have 12 scholarship OL return for 2016. With what looks like a probable greyshirt from Zach Stewart, that makes 13. Add in the lone OL commit for 2016, Ryan Johnson. I would look for UT to add 2 more, if not more.

Potential options: EJ Price, Landon Dickerson, Marcus Tatum, Jauan Williams, Terrance Davis, John Simpson

1. Safety-

IMO, by far the biggest need for 2016 is the safety position. After losing Brian Randolph & LaDarrell McNeil, the Vols will return only 3 safeties to the 2016 roster in Evan Berry, Todd Kelly Jr., & Stephen Griffin. With the potential for Kelly Jr. to declare after the 2016 season for the NFL Draft, it is imperative that the Vols come away with multiple safeties in this class.

Potential options: Nigel Warrior, JoeJuan Williams, Ikenna Okeke, Demetric Vance (Mich St. commit), Calvin Bundage, Romeo Finley

Obviously these targets can change quickly throughout the season, but this is just an overview at this point of positions to potentially watch as we draw closer to Signing Day 2016. GBO!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back