Predicting our Final Class Ranking - 2016

It's been reports by 247 to expect a class of 18.

I know people keep saying that, but I'm not buying it at all. There's no way they can know that with any certainty at this point; the situation is just too fluid. That magic number is a constantly moving target, and there's no way you're going to hit it with any degree of certainty right now. Not even the coaches completely know what to expect.

As of right now, we'll be at the 85 overall max if Picou and Kelly make it in, and we have 14 scholarship seniors (meaning 14 scholarships to give for the 2016 class) by my count. We'll lose more than 4 players between now and NSD. Count on it.

Last year multiple outlets spent months predicting we would only take 21 or 22 or 24. As we got closer to NSD, those predictions started creeping up to 25, 26, 27. In the end, counting 3 blue shirts, we took 30. I'd be willing to bet we take over 20 this year. We can take 22 without having to blue-shirt anyone, and I feel pretty confident predicting we take at least that many.

Last edited:
I'm counting 15 current Seniors that'll leave the program after this season.

RDA IV
Crowder
Jackson
Kerbyson
Pearson
Howard
Jo. Johnson
Ellis
Maggitt
Saulsberry
O Williams
Weatherd
McNeil
Randolph
& Renfro

If they have big years, add Sutton & North to the leave-early for NFL list. That's 17 spots.

Now we've had about 15 transfers the past year or two. It happens at all the elite schools. A few will want more PT, a couple may get feelings hurt, a couple may just be mutual partings.

G Orta, D Bowles, J King, J Miller, L Johnson, N Peterman, D Hendrix, D Helm, D Payne, V Wharton, R Jenkins, M Sawyers, D Scott, J Henderson, T Paulk, and probably more I can't remember.

Add in a couple more for this class, and I'd say look for about 20 total spots available for the 2016 Recruiting class. Not saying anything new here, it's what a lot of people have guessed, but I'd highly doubt a "full" class.

I think it will also depend on just who it is that wants to get in at the end.

Say the "target" number for this class is 18, and we are full by January. We're probably turning away some nice players at the end.

We turn them away because we know there is much more "elite" talent in 2017, and we are saving those slots.

Now what happens if we get down to the end and any of these guys want in:
Janarius Robinson
Mecole Hardman
Dexter Lawrence
Derrick Brown

That "target" number of 18 probably grows, and we take more.

Why? Because as good as '17 is shaping up to be, you use those slots today on super elite talent, you don't wait till next year, hoping for other 5 Stars

That's what I keep reading. I expect something like this:

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
3 OL
2 DT
2 DE
1 LB
3 DB

Here's a possible scenario with the 18 positions you listed.

We would finish with 2575 points, good for #7 last year..

Attachments

• Current Class_16_3.png
    Current Class_16_3.png
    40 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 1 person
No way. CBJ will sign close to 25 at least 20.

18. the number is 18 and won't go higher. only way to go higher is push into 2017 class and he has already decided to not touch that class. Class will be strong..

EDIT: If Kelly or Picou were to not make it in (this is not expected BTW) then the number could increase to 19 or 20. They would count one or two of the blue shorts on 2015 which would open one or two more spots for 2016. As I said, this is not expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm counting 15 current Seniors that'll leave the program after this season.

RDA IV
Crowder
Jackson
Kerbyson
Pearson
Howard
Jo. Johnson
Ellis
Maggitt
Saulsberry
O Williams
Weatherd
McNeil
Randolph
& Renfro

If they have big years, add Sutton & North to the leave-early for NFL list. That's 17 spots.

Now we've had about 15 transfers the past year or two. It happens at all the elite schools. A few will want more PT, a couple may get feelings hurt, a couple may just be mutual partings.

G Orta, D Bowles, J King, J Miller, L Johnson, N Peterman, D Hendrix, D Helm, D Payne, V Wharton, R Jenkins, M Sawyers, D Scott, J Henderson, T Paulk, and probably more I can't remember.

Add in a couple more for this class, and I'd say look for about 20 total spots available for the 2016 Recruiting class. Not saying anything new here, it's what a lot of people have guessed, but I'd highly doubt a "full" class.

it doesn't matter what happens with the roster size and who leaves. that is not a factor. The factor is the max limit of 25 per signing class. He has carried over 7 blue shirts from 2015 class to 2016 counter. that leaves only 18 unless (he has said he will not do) he takes some and counts them on 2017..

18 + 7 is 25 and that is the number that is driving the class.

it doesn't matter what happens with the roster size and who leaves. that is not a factor. The factor is the max limit of 25 per signing class. He has carried over 7 blue shirts from 2015 class to 2016 counter. that leaves only 18 unless (he has said he will not do) he takes some and counts them on 2017..

18 + 7 is 25 and that is the number that is driving the class.

There's no way we blue shirted 7. That is insane!

Reactions: 2 people
In theory, Butch could just continue to count forward, pushing counters to the next class in perpetuity.

no idea. Butch keeps that very quite because those guys could have been signed by others up until they enrolled.

Well I'll be gall danged.
tumblr_mj21qawyWu1s5tlmxo2_500.gif

There is one thing that confuses me about this 7 blueshirt scenario. We know that J. Bruce, V. Perry, and J. Young are blueshirts. Those have all been widely reported, and Bruce and Perry both said publicly that they were blueshirting and were fine with it. My understanding is that the university was not able to publicize them as being members of the signing class because of that blue shirt status and everything that entails. If there were 4 more "secret" blueshirts, how/why was the university able to publicize those 4 as members of the signing class but not the other 3?

There is one thing that confuses me about this 7 blueshirt scenario. We know that J. Bruce, V. Perry, and J. Young are blueshirts. Those have all been widely reported, and Bruce and Perry both said publicly that they were blueshirting and were fine with it. My understanding is that the university was not able to publicize them as being members of the signing class because of that blue shirt status and everything that entails. If there were 4 more "secret" blueshirts, how/why was the university able to publicize those 4 as members of the signing class but not the other 3?

I don't believe that publicizing rumor is accurate. don't think it mattered one way or another if announcements made.

I do think the whole blue shirt process is very confusing because there are not clear rules and regulations. For example NCAA has gray shirt and red shirt definitions but not blue shirt definition.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back