Preacher on AMC (2016)

I'm hooked on it.. Love the show so far. I have not heard of it until this show started. I'm tempted to read on it, but being I do not know anything about this series.. Would rather watch and learn as I go..

It has strayed pretty far from the source. I HIGHLY recommend the books. At this point I think you would be safe to read them without spoiling the show. Maybe wait until the end of this season and then get them.

There are 9 books and they are very quick reads.

Reactions: 1 person
The artist and co-creator of the comic series, Steve Dillion, passed away this weekend, He was 54.

The guy wasn't a flashy artist like Jim Lee or Todd McFarlane. He had a very clean style and was great with facial expressions and story boarding. I am fortunate to own two pages of his original art from Preacher.

I'm ashamed to admit I never finished season 1. It just veered too far from the source to hold my interest. The only character that was remotely the same was Cassidy.

To be fair if I wasn't so familiar to the source it most likely would have been more enjoyable. While I can roll with little changes to the story here and there I had a hard time separating myself from the characterization in the books.

I'm ashamed to admit I never finished season 1. It just veered too far from the source to hold my interest. The only character that was remotely the same was Cassidy.

To be fair if I wasn't so familiar to the source it most likely would have been more enjoyable. While I can roll with little changes to the story here and there I had a hard time separating myself from the characterization in the books.

I agree, so different from Garth Ennis' comics. Tulip was nowhere near the same character and not just because, she wasn't white. A lot of Ennis' main plot came from Jessie getting his powers and the church getting destroyed at the same time, with the congregation inside. Disappointed they left that out. I do like the dude playing Jessie tho, just wished it was more true to the comic

I like the departures. I feel like its a lot like the Fargo series in the terms of keeping the spirit but creating its own tale.

I like the departures. I feel like its a lot like the Fargo series in the terms of keeping the spirit but creating its own tale.

Plot tweaks I'm ok with. Slapping a name on a character that is nothing like their source at all is distracting.

No offense to Ruth Nega. She is doing good in the role she was cast for but it ain't Tulip O'hare.

And Jesse is barely Jesse.

It's almost like they're trying to replicate Tarantino in some of these scenes. Haven't read the graphic novel so I don't know how gory or over the top the violence actually is, but they're definitely werent afraid to get cheesy with the blood and splatter effects at the start of this season. It's an interesting show - I just hope they don't drag it out too long and ruin the show with unnecessary filler.

It's almost like they're trying to replicate Tarantino in some of these scenes. Haven't read the graphic novel so I don't know how gory or over the top the violence actually is, but they're definitely werent afraid to get cheesy with the blood and splatter effects at the start of this season. It's an interesting show - I just hope they don't drag it out too long and ruin the show with unnecessary filler.

The comics are gory and have a lot of over the top violence. So, that's at least one thing true to the comic

tumblr_lhvxzgLkVx1qaxnwuo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Out of the Church an on the Road with an onslaught of violence. Better this season than last...so far.

Reactions: 2 people
Probably the best story line of the comics.

Do you think they will portray Jody and T.C. like the terrifying buddy comedy in the books?

They will probably tone down T.C. but Jody is a great villain. It'll be a shame if they pass up this scene,

uteotw-05.jpg

Final season has been entertaining so far but I'm not digging the arc of Cassidy.

VN Store

Back