Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

If you don't pray or have a religious belief, then don't listen or participate in the prayer. Simple as that. Many of us do pray.

Our country is doomed with the masses bowing down to everyone who is offended by prayer and morals and such.

If the prayer was to Muslim beliefs you know you would all raise hell about it. Same thing.

Reactions: 16 people
It doesn't bother me since I'm not religious. I've always wondered what exactly people pray about regarding a football game.

Reactions: 5 people
I like reading threads like these. Helps me to know who to pray for.

Depends on which religious god you are praying to. But once you have the religion you want you have to break it down further within that religion to get the god you need. Or just pick a different god each day so you cover all your bases cause it would suck if you picked the wrong god.

Reactions: 2 people
Not everyone believes in god and having it forced in schools to be taught to everyone would cause nothing but trouble.

you need to go look up our history schools were in the churches and so was courts God is what made this country great not man take God out and look how we are in decline

Reactions: 4 people
Oh so now since its not favoring your beliefs not listening or participating in the prayer no longer applies to the conversation? Figured that.

What?

It applies 100%. I said I wouldn't go, and I probably wouldn't live here. Yes, that would be my decision, based on my beliefs.

What's your problem?

Reactions: 3 people
They generally pray for the health and well being of the players. Everyone should support that, even moronic atheists. Should they replace the prayer with a moment of silence? Probably. They can change it to "Now take a moment of silence to pray to God Almighty that he protects these players". :D

However, now that someone is trying to flex and force it they should hold fast and stick their fingers high in the air! Once it has all died down then change it.

you need to go look up our history schools were in the churches and so was courts God is what made this country great not man take God out and look how we are in decline

Yeah cause this world is real great right now. Im saying religion is fine in private schools or being taught as a elective in public schools but it shouldn't be mandatory to be taught it in school since not everyone has the same beliefs. That's abusive.

Reactions: 5 people
I believe in God and I'm a Christian, I don't like them taking it out but I have no control over it, I also don't have a problem with other religions because the beliefs that they have are important to them just like ours are.

Same considering the fact both teams pray before the game and one of them have to lose

You think prayer is about winning and losing the game?

Man, this topic and your reactions make you appear to be the intolerant one. I gave my view when you posed a question, and was attacked by you. Did you figure that as well?

Yeah cause this world is real great right now. Im saying religion is fine in private schools or being taught as a elective in public schools but it shouldn't be mandatory to be taught it in school since not everyone has the same beliefs. That's abusive.

What about teaching evolution and the big bang theory? Should we have a period of silence so kids can study what they want to believe about creation?

Reactions: 3 people
What?

It applies 100%. I said I wouldn't go, and I probably wouldn't live here. Yes, that would be my decision, based on my beliefs.

What's your problem?

I said participating In the prayer not the event you have the option of attending. Sorry I get hostile in these discussions bc I'm not religious and have been judged often for it and it bothers me bc nobody should be completely judged solely off of religious beliefs

Reactions: 1 person
What about teaching evolution and the big bang theory? Should we have a period of silence so kids can study what they want to believe about creation?

Evolution isnt 100% based on humans came from monkeys. There's numerous examples of evolution

If there was Muslim prayer, or any other prayer going on, or if atheists had some ritual they did, and they just said don't take part in it, you know just as well as I do that most people of different beliefs would still cry about it.

The thing is, this is a Christian nation. This country was founded with the belief in God. People are trying to change what this country is about, and people won't stand up for what our grandparents fought for.

Also this is one of the many traditions of Tennessee football. Someone saying a prayer before the game. So would UT stop another tradition (i.e. running through the T/Vol Walk) because it offends a select group of people?

Reactions: 10 people
The thing is, this is a Christian nation. This country was founded with the belief in God. People are trying to change what this country is about, and people won't stand up for what our grandparents fought for.

Also this is on of the many traditions of Tennessee football. Someone saying a prayer before the game. So would UT stop another tradition (i.e. running through the T/Vol Walk) because it offends a select group of people?

Just bc it is a Christian nation doesn't mean EVERYONE is a Christian. It doesn't offend me when people pray bc I simply don't follow with it, but it may offend some people.

Evolution isnt 100% based on humans came from monkeys. There's numerous examples of evolution

Thanks for enlightening me. I'm a middle school teacher. I kinda know what's in the textbooks. How do you feel about kindergartners in California having gay history in their curriculum?

Thanks for enlightening me. I'm a middle school teacher. I kinda know what's in the textbooks. How do you feel about kindergartners in California having gay history in their curriculum?

I think homosexuality is disgusting, but I don't discriminate against them. It's nt their faults what they like. But it being taught to kindergartners is kinda rediculous. If you are being serious?

VN Store

Back