Prayers needed

dyllisvol42

Hey volnation, asking for prayers for my family over the next couple days, my 95 year old grandma passed away this weekend she was an awesome sweet lady. She was a huge vol fan, if had to do with the vols she watched it. She loved Lady Vols basketball and Vol football. Never missed a game when they were on tv. This women only went to the hospital once in her life besides having seven children who are all Vol fans by the way, and that was 9 months ago when she broke her hip. Loved watching football games with her she always was wrapped up in her Tennessee Vol blanket wearing her lady vol sweater and slippers. It was always funny qhen we would have a ruining play up the middle she never understood why we didn't run it to the outside. She would say that's were all those boys are why don't we run were they ain't. Anyways she was a good one and will be missed so for the long post but pray for the family this week. Thanks volnation.

Reactions: 30 people
Sent...and hang in there. I'm sure General Neyland, Reggie White, and all of our departed Vols welcomed her with open arms.

She sounds like a great lady.

Reactions: 4 people
Sorry for your loss, praying for comfort.

Prayers sent your way my friend. I lost my dad to liver failure from alcoholism on June 3rd of this year, he was only 45 years old. Being 21 myself, all of my favorite Vol memories are sitting in the car with him and listening to the Vol Network. It didn't matter what sport it was, we always tuned in, whether it was on TV or in the car. God's plan for our lives is very seldom our plan, but the strength and grace He provides during times like this is a very real thing. I hope and pray He touches you and yours during this time. God bless and Go Vols!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Thanks for sharing the details dyllisvol. Given the information you provided I would suggest both prayers for comfort to the family and friends, but also prayers of thanks for the blessings as truly those who knew her were blessed to have spent time with such a wonderful lady... and she was blessed to have been surrounded by so many who loved her.

Reactions: 1 person
Dyllis, prayers sent. I will never forget going to Mammaw's house after leaving the stadium and her standing in the screen door with the proudest of smiles after a win. I was a direct witness at the stadium but she had something better, John Ward on the radio. I was worn out from being at the game and she would want to talk football. They don't make Mammaws like they used to.

Those memories are some of the greatest blessings of being a VFL. May she rest in peace, and shout for joy when the Vols score!

Reactions: 1 person
Asking the Lord Jesus to provide the exact shade of grace and peace for you during this season. And also for you too today Jacket.

Hey volnation, asking for prayers for my family over the next couple days, my 95 year old grandma passed away this weekend she was an awesome sweet lady. She was a huge vol fan, if had to do with the vols she watched it. She loved Lady Vols basketball and Vol football. Never missed a game when they were on tv. This women only went to the hospital once in her life besides having seven children who are all Vol fans by the way, and that was 9 months ago when she broke her hip. Loved watching football games with her she always was wrapped up in her Tennessee Vol blanket wearing her lady vol sweater and slippers. It was always funny qhen we would have a ruining play up the middle she never understood why we didn't run it to the outside. She would say that's were all those boys are why don't we run were they ain't. Anyways she was a good one and will be missed so for the long post but pray for the family this week. Thanks volnation.
Respectfully Brother, "One Heck of a lady"!

Keeping your family in our prayers. Maybe she'll strike up a conversation with OWH once the season starts.

VN Store

Back