Pray for Grayson Pope (updated 9/19/23)

Huge news for Grayson. He will transition back to home next week and hopefully school in the near future.

Day 129 @ Shepherd Pathways
November 14th @ 8:20
Day 37 of Outpatient
Happy Tuesday:
Exercise Group: He did the below exercise 2 times for 1 minute each.
* Lunges
*Curls
*Dead Bugs
*Wall Sits
*Bird Dogs
Speech: He did his final Synchrony and IOPI test today. We have a meeting with her tomorrow to go over Graysons return to school plan.
OT/PT: Walked a couple of blocks outside to the Crumble Cookie, picked out what flavor he wanted, and paid for it.
PT: He took a 2 hour field trip to the YMCA and was checked off to work out on all the machines when he gets back home!
Treadmill: our last session
😩

It was sad telling everyone bye over at the hospital! They have been such a big part of our lives for several months and a HUGE blessing!
God is so good! He has guided us on this journey day by day! We are so thankful to lean on Him for our needs and we give Him all the glory!

Day 130 @ Shepherd Pathways
November 15th @ 9:40
Day 38 of Outpatient

🐪HuMp DaY🐪

Up and at it bright and early! Grayson started at 8 this morning wrapping up his test from last Wednesday! It took him 2 hours. After that he did some PT stretching and working his legs. Then went to speech where he finally got approved to chew gum! He was so excited!
We have our discharge meeting tomorrow where we will go over the return to school documents, results from his testing and what we need to do once we get back home!
2 more sleeps as Gray said tonight!
The sweet Maniscalco girls (minus precious Mia) came to visit tonight! We always have so much fun and laugh A LOT when they are here ! Super thankful for their friendship!

Day 131 @ Shepherd Pathway
November 16th @ 8:50
Day 39 of Outpatient
Happy Thursday !!!
OT: Gray worked with the vision board using his left hand and arm to control the movements. The completed all his exit exams. Every single test he took on his first day of evaluations he IMPROVED on!!!
Go Grayson Pope!
👏🏼

So thankful for the work ethic and determination the Lord blessed him with!
Music: Worked on playing Rocky Top on the guitar! Then watched some replays from last weekends Tennessee football game and Gray gave play by play announcements.
PT: He completed all his exit exams during this session as well! Improved tremendously, definitely got stronger, and is walking so much faster than before! When he came to Pathways he scored 15/30 on balance and coordination. Today he was 26/30!!!!!!!!
🙌🏼

Before we left for the day we had our discharge meeting with our case manager! They are so patients when explaining things to us and answering all of our questions! We definitely feel comfortable leaving Atlanta now and bringing Grayson home.
We will continue OT,PT, and speech 2-3 times a week once we get back to Trussville and may even come back to Atlanta 1 night a week for a 4 week “beyond therapy” program!
Thank you for your support and daily prayers!!!
❤️

1700191515403.png

Day 132 @ Shepherd Pathways
November 17th @ 11:45
Day 40 of Outpatient

🙌🏼LAST DAY IN ATLANTA 🙌🏼

Today was our last day of PT, OT, and Speech! It was very bittersweet! 😩. We have met some of the most precious friends in our 4 month stay that we will stay in contact with forever! We also have been blessed with the most selfless therapist who come in every day with a smile on their face and gave us HOPE from day one. There are so many people since June 6th who have played such a special role in our families lives and Graysons healing and for that we will never be able to thank them enough!
But most of all as I reflect on our journey, I am reminded of the guidance we have received from our Lord, the peace we have had that is unexplainable, and the loving arms Jesus wraps us in daily! I am so eternally thankful! God is so good and has performed miracles for Gray daily! We give Him and Him alone all the GLORY !
Today as we pulled up in our driveway, we were greeted with the most beautiful yard signs welcoming Grayson home! Thank you Trussville Yardy Party for making Gray feel so special!
We unloaded both cars and began putting up 4 months wood accumulated items from our apartment. Aunt Linds, Ben and Papa stopped by for a quick hug!
After that we grabbed some dinner and headed over to the football game where the HUSKIES WON 🐾🏈
While we were at the game, we met 1 of the 3 paramedics that were in the back of the ambulance on our way to the hospital. It was very emotional for all of us but wow to see his face when he saw Gray was amazing. He shared with us some things we didn’t know and all I could keep saying was THANK YOU! The time they picked Gray up from the golf course until we arrived at UAB was so critical ! They literally SAVED HIS LIFE by breathing for him, giving him the right amount of many medications, starting IV’s, etc until he could be taken care of by the Trauma Team. Thank you God for giving these young men this amazing knowledge!
Now I’m heading to bed with a smiling heart that is happy and grateful! David, Emma and Grayson are my whole world and we all are sleeping together tonight in our HOME! 🙌🏼🙏🏻❤️IMG_9351.jpegIMG_9352.jpegIMG_9353.jpegIMG_9354.jpegIMG_9355.jpegIMG_9356.jpegIMG_9357.jpegIMG_9360.jpeg

Let me tell you about a miracle.
A down-home, downright miracle.
A teenager who climbed back from the brink and shocked the world.
A tough teenager who on Saturday was surprised with a happy homecoming.

"We are putting it in God's hands," David Pope told me in June.
David and Jamie's son had suffered a traumatic brain injury when a tree fell on his golf cart.
The Hewitt-Trussville student and Tennessee baseball commit was in a bad place.

Surgeries and rehab, hope and prayers.
Months of rehab at Shepherd Center in Atlanta.
Grayson Pope had to learn to walk and talk and live again.
And then came yesterday.

"We told Grayson that (Hewitt-Trussville baseball coach) Jeff Mauldin needed a jersey delivered to him at the baseball complex," David told me Saturday afternoon.
"It was actually a welcome home rally for Grayson. There were dozens of teammates and friends- so many people showed up to surprise Grayson and welcome him home from Atlanta."

The thought from doctors is that it will be two to four years before Grayson gets back to 100 percent.
"I would say that Grayson is about 60 percent of where he should be," David told me.
"One side of his body needs work, and while his speech has come a long way, there is still work to be done."

Grayson will split time between the Shepherd Center and UAB as he continues his rehab.
The good news is he's back home, sleeping in his own bed and surrounded by a community that loves him.

Grayson Pope can't tell you what his future holds when it comes to playing college baseball, but this much he does know:

Five months after he was on the brink, Grayson Pope is reminding the world that thanks to hard work, faith and support, he's on his way to healing.

He's the teenager who climbed back from the brink.

He's Grayson Pope.

The down-home, downright miracle.

*Grayson would love to hear from you!
*Thanks to David and Jamie Pope for the pictures
#Pray4Gray #P4P Prayers for Grayson Pope Prayers for Grayson Pope

Let me tell you about a miracle.
A down-home, downright miracle.
A teenager who climbed back from the brink and shocked the world.
A tough teenager who on Saturday was surprised with a happy homecoming.

"We are putting it in God's hands," David Pope told me in June.
David and Jamie's son had suffered a traumatic brain injury when a tree fell on his golf cart.
The Hewitt-Trussville student and Tennessee baseball commit was in a bad place.

Surgeries and rehab, hope and prayers.
Months of rehab at Shepherd Center in Atlanta.
Grayson Pope had to learn to walk and talk and live again.
And then came yesterday.

"We told Grayson that (Hewitt-Trussville baseball coach) Jeff Mauldin needed a jersey delivered to him at the baseball complex," David told me Saturday afternoon.
"It was actually a welcome home rally for Grayson. There were dozens of teammates and friends- so many people showed up to surprise Grayson and welcome him home from Atlanta."

The thought from doctors is that it will be two to four years before Grayson gets back to 100 percent.
"I would say that Grayson is about 60 percent of where he should be," David told me.
"One side of his body needs work, and while his speech has come a long way, there is still work to be done."

Grayson will split time between the Shepherd Center and UAB as he continues his rehab.
The good news is he's back home, sleeping in his own bed and surrounded by a community that loves him.

Grayson Pope can't tell you what his future holds when it comes to playing college baseball, but this much he does know:

Five months after he was on the brink, Grayson Pope is reminding the world that thanks to hard work, faith and support, he's on his way to healing.

He's the teenager who climbed back from the brink.

He's Grayson Pope.

The down-home, downright miracle.

*Grayson would love to hear from you!
*Thanks to David and Jamie Pope for the pictures
#Pray4Gray #P4P Prayers for Grayson Pope Prayers for Grayson Pope
pretty touching stuff right there.......thanks for all the updates and best of wishes to this young man

Day 167
November 20th
🙌🏼
Monday
🙌🏼

Today felt a little weird not being in Atlanta and going to therapy.
We have a PT and OT evaluation at Children’s the week we come back from Thanksgiving. We are very excited and ready to get back to work!
This morning Grayson went to workout with the baseball players at the High School. He has waited a long time to do this. One of his coaches stayed with him the entire time and gave him a “modified” workout! So thankful for these coaches!
After that all of Graysons dreams came true! We went through McDonalds and FINALLY GOT HIS BIG MAC! He said it was better than he remembered!
Tonight for dinner we ate with our sweet friends we haven’t seen in SO LONG! It feels so good to be home and surrounded by our family and friends!

1700607433477.png

This one is huge!

Oh, I won't be shaken
Oh, I won't be moved
My God is faithful
His promise is true
So I speak to the mountains
"Oh, it's time to move.
'Cause my God is bigger, better, stronger, greater than you."

We had Grayson's CT Scan and follow-up with his Neurosurgeon @ UAB Dr. Bentley today! When she saw him, she was surprised. The last time she saw him was on July 18th and she doesn’t follow his page, so she hasn’t seen his progress.
The CT scan looked good, and his shunt was doing exactly what it’s supposed to. The micro hemorrhages on his brain stem have started healing! We give GOD all glory forever!
We are thankful for the doctors and nurses the Lord placed in our lives on June 6th and every day after. We will never be able to thank them enough!
Dr. Bentley asked Gray if he could walk without assistance. He stood up and walked across the room and she SMILED so big! She told us he defied all expectations and she was super impressed with his progress. She was very proud of his determination and will to get better!
We took their picture and she gave us permission to post on here! We are very thankful for Dr. Bentley for so many reasons but most of all for being transparent but comforting during those first 2 weeks!
Today was a great day! We don’t have to go back until NEXT DECEMBER!!!!!!!

1701200956861.png

Day 175
We have a lot of follow-up appointments scheduled now that we are back home. We were supposed to see the orthopedic surgeon that put the pins in his finger tomorrow but she had to reschedule due to an illness.
Today Gray played some cards and board games and then went to baseball practice with his teammates. They worked on hitting today. He will start going every day now unless we have a doctors appointment. Tomorrow they will hit and work out their upper body.
We have a PT and OT evaluation on Monday at Children’s Hospital to determine his next therapy treatment. We are also considering taking him to a sports PT in addition to his therapy at children’s. We are also looking in to maybe going to Atlanta once a week for 4 weeks to a program called Beyond Therapy. Still waiting for a spot to open!
Please continue to pray with us on this next journey! We want to make the best decision for him in therapy as well as when he goes back to school (hoping for January)!

1701262092849.png

UPDATE Day 179
It’s been a few days since I have updated! David and I decided now that we are home and Grayson will be going back to school in January, we will not be updated everyday!
But I wanted to share what our week looks like and ask for some
specific prayer request!
Grayson is going GREAT and continues to get stronger everyday. He worked out (very modified) with his baseball team every day last week! He absolutely loved every minute of it. We are so thankful for his coaches and teammates who always have an eye on him and help him in so many different ways!
Tomorrow Gray has a PT and OT evaluation for therapy at Children’s of Alabama! We are excited because he will do this 2-3 days a week. We have a couple of other PTs (private) that we plan to visit next week to see what extra they can work on with Grayson.
Unfortunately we will not be able to go back to Atlanta to the 4 week “Beyond Therapy” program until June of next year. There is a long waiting list and school starts back in January.
Pray specifically for his evaluations tomorrow and that the best program will be designed for him to follow!
Thank you all for your support and prayers. They have ccarried us for over 6 months!
❤️
🙏🏻

Lastly, I attached a picture below of the most beautiful blanket that was hand stitched with such love and detail with 12 of Grays old baseball jerseys! Y’all! How sweet is this! And to top it off, this blanket has been prayed over! Look at the Husky stitching on the left side in white on the 4 Pope jersey square! I’m just in awe!
❤️

4 more days and Emma will be home for Christmas!

1701701332949.png 1701701348666.png

Update day 180

Today was a great day!

We had PT and OT evaluations and the physical therapist said based on his injuries that she read prior to us getting there she was very surprised when she saw him! She was impressed with his leg strength and muscle definition!
After their evaluation they decided 2 days a week of PT and 2 days week of OT the month of December would be super beneficial.
They came up with an intense plan that we all agreed on and Grayson is ready to get started on Thursday.
We have several “at home” exercises we will begin tonight specifically focusing on his balance, core strength, coordination, and shoulder strength!!
After his evaluation, he had a dentist appointment and praise the Lord no cavities or damage to his teeth, mouth or bite during his accident!
Thank you for your prayers! 🙏🏻❤️
We felt peace when we left Children’s that this is the next step in his healing! We really liked both therapist and they took their time to get to know Grayson!

6 months since Graysons accident!
😩

The worst and scariest day I have ever experienced in my life!
As I have reflected today on our journey 2 words came to mind… TRUST ans BELIEVE.
We have placed our trust in the Lord from day 1 and believed He would go before us, behind us, beside us and all around us! We believed he would heal Grayson, we believed he would guide us, we believed he would comfort us, we believed he heard our cries, we believed he saved Grayson for a reason, and most of all we believe HE is not finished yet!
Praise God for His love, mercy, grace, and kindness! He’s a good, good Father and I couldn’t imagine going through this without HIM!
❤️
🙏🏻

Nana Pope has a beautiful way with her words and posted the below today! I had to share
😘

My Grandson, Grayson Pope
Six months to the day , we received the most devastating news of our lifetime!!
We were walking in a dark valley, our World was erupted,
We desperately were seeking guidance and comfort from our Heavenly Father, we fell to our knees and asked God to touch our precious Grandson and spare his life!!
Treading unknown territory we turned our fears and our lives over to GOD!!!
He bought lives near and far to help lift prayers for you Grayson, he brought strangers together to shed tears, to hug, to shout out loud for healing your body!
He showed us strength and how to care for each other because of you!
Today , 6 months later, we know the Lord is our King , our Heavenly Father, our best friend, the great miracle worker!
His guiding consistency of pure love has given you strength,
Courage, and an opportunity to spread and REVEAL his promises to all of us!!!
Tomorrow starts another journey for you with a highly intense month of physical workouts/ occupational therapy, and speech .
We pray in his name to guide you , keep you focused, and Shepard you through this journey
Pray For My Grandson,
Pray For Grayson
#pray4gray
I Love You Grayson!
Picture Accepting the SFC Melvin Morris courage award Nov 09,2023

1701975055457.png

Update Day 184

Grayson had his first day of OT/PT today at Children’s of Alabama! Boy did they work him hard! He had sweat dripping off his nose and forehead as he bent over to do different tasks. He worked a lot on core strength and shoulder strength, as well as working his left arm/hand.
He said he worked harder today at Children’s than Shepherd Pathways but LOVED every minute of it! ❤️. He loves to be pushed!
So thankful we are receiving therapy here! Gray will definitely benefit from this program.
We have a virtual call tomorrow with the Neuro Dr from Pathways who administered the 8 hour test. He is going to go over his findings and present us with a return to school document. We will meet with Graysons school next week to start planning his return to school plan in January!
Please begin praying now with us for Grayson’s Neuro Opthomologist appointment on Monday. It is a pretty lengthy examination that will last all day. We are praying they will come up with treatments for his double vision and side peripheral vision. Both of these play a big roll in the way Grayson walks and his depth perception.
Thank you for all your prayers and your genuine concern for Grayson! We are blessed to call this community our friends!

Update Day 184

Grayson had his first day of OT/PT today at Children’s of Alabama! Boy did they work him hard! He had sweat dripping off his nose and forehead as he bent over to do different tasks. He worked a lot on core strength and shoulder strength, as well as working his left arm/hand.
He said he worked harder today at Children’s than Shepherd Pathways but LOVED every minute of it! ❤️. He loves to be pushed!
So thankful we are receiving therapy here! Gray will definitely benefit from this program.
We have a virtual call tomorrow with the Neuro Dr from Pathways who administered the 8 hour test. He is going to go over his findings and present us with a return to school document. We will meet with Graysons school next week to start planning his return to school plan in January!
Please begin praying now with us for Grayson’s Neuro Opthomologist appointment on Monday. It is a pretty lengthy examination that will last all day. We are praying they will come up with treatments for his double vision and side peripheral vision. Both of these play a big roll in the way Grayson walks and his depth perception.
Thank you for all your prayers and your genuine concern for Grayson! We are blessed to call this community our friends!
Still praying. And thank you @Halph66 for your updates!!

Prayers for Grayson Pope #pray4gray

I hope everyone had a great day weekend! The Popes @sure did!
Tomorrow is a BIG day for Grayson. We have a Neuro Optometric Rehibilitation appointment that will last the majority of the day. They do several evaluations with breaks between but it starts at 9 and ends at 4.
Please join us in praying over this appointment. Grayson sees double 24/7. Not side by side double but stacked on top of each other double. This plays into his walking, balance, coordination, and many other areas on a daily basis.
Pray that after the evaluations, the doctor comes up with the best therapy going forward for Grayson. Maybe some prism glasses? Just praying there is a solid plan to decrease and eventually get rid of the double vision!
Claiming in the name of Jesus!
1702299539364.png

Prayers for Grayson Pope #pray4gray

I hope everyone had a great day weekend! The Popes @sure did!
Tomorrow is a BIG day for Grayson. We have a Neuro Optometric Rehibilitation appointment that will last the majority of the day. They do several evaluations with breaks between but it starts at 9 and ends at 4.
Please join us in praying over this appointment. Grayson sees double 24/7. Not side by side double but stacked on top of each other double. This plays into his walking, balance, coordination, and many other areas on a daily basis.
Pray that after the evaluations, the doctor comes up with the best therapy going forward for Grayson. Maybe some prism glasses? Just praying there is a solid plan to decrease and eventually get rid of the double vision!
Claiming in the name of Jesus!
View attachment 601386

Thanks for the updates. My wife is an optometrist, so I'm interested to see how things progress on this matter. Double vision is tough. Prayers for Gray.

Today was a LONG day for Grayson with lots of in-depth, thorough evaluations for his vision and hearing. We have a great plan going forward that will include several therapies.
On January 15th, we will begin a 12 day consecutive sensory learning program where Gray goes for a 45 minutes session in the morning and 45 minute session in the afternoon. The sensory program works with visual, vestibular, and auditory stimulation.

Visual stimulation: Stimulates the visual cortex and the emotion center of the brain, which helps to better control emotions and behavior.
Vestibular stimulation: A custom motion table is used to deliver relaxing movement, which in turn helps to restore balance and coordination.
Auditory stimulation: Custom modulated music is provided to help create right ear dominance. This is done to stimulate left brain language area, which helps in speech development.

The remaining 18 days of therapy are completed at home with a specialized light unit they provide us.

We then are evaluated again to see the improvement made. After that they have estimated 56 more sessions (1-2 days a week) where he will receive Syntonic Phototherapy, also known as Optometric Phototherapy, Sensory Integration Therapies, Light Therapies, and a couple more that I don't remember the names!

We are very excited to begin these sessions and correct many areas Grayson is needing assistance with! 🙂

PRAYER REQUEST: We meet with the High School Counselor and several others Friday to discuss Grayson returning to school in January!! We are all very excited about this and cannot wait for him to return to his normal junior year! He will need SEVERAL modifications as he returns so we ask that you join us in praying for a smooth transition!

Grayson has started doing PT, OT, and Speech 2 days a week at Children’s of Alabama! He is working on balance, coordination, core strength, voice strength, visual skills, fine motor skills, and much more! He is enjoying the new challenges and workouts!
We met with his new Neuro PMR Doctor (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation). He saw 2 PMR doctors during his stay at Shepherd! We really liked Dr. Swanson a lot! She was very thorough and studied Grays case very well before speaking with us! She has a great plan this upcoming year for Grayson physically and academically!

🎶
It’s the most wonderful time of the year
🎶

These kiddos are never too old to bake cookies and decorate them while listening to Christmas music! Sometimes I find myself just staring at them with the biggest, grateful smile on my face!
Please say a prayer for sister in the morning! She is having her wisdom teeth cut out!

1702565303477.png 1702565316335.png1702565333114.png

VN Store

Back