Practice Updates 4.20.17

Yep. I am incorrect. #22 in white is indeed Jonathan Mays. Forgive me.

Who's the #10 kicking the ball off the tee in my last photo? Check what I said about it. It IS NOT Tyler Byrd like the UT website has it posted. Thanks.

I wasn't talking about the #10. I was talking about the #22.

The kicker you're talking about might actually be #30, Holden Foster. The jersey may just look like a 10.

QB Jarrett Guarantano:
885d53a2c155ce7cc185475e3349908e.png

I think we need to play caption the photo with this one.

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't talking about the #10. I was talking about the #22.

The kicker you're talking about might actually be #30, Holden Foster. The jersey may just look like a 10.

Underneath the description of every photo it says who the player is. In this case it said #10 Tyler Byrd. He's not a kicker or punter though. They just goofed but it sure looks like a #10 to me but Byrd is the only #10 we have on the roster! Thanks.

Man what's up with all the dropped passes??Just seems there missing more than u like to hear.Hopefully just chemistry etc and they start being more consistent.

That makes 2 of us! QBU :loco:

I've been giving this some thought as well. However it begs the question, when was the last time we saw a true possession type receiver for UT? I mean one of those guys we usually see playing for Bama, WKU, or Appy State. You know the guys where if you throw the ball anywhere in their area high, low, across the middle, on the perimeter wherever they come up with a catch?? Who was our last one like this? I can't recall one playing for CBJ yet or Dooley and doesn't sound like we have one on the roster.

I've been giving this some thought as well. However it begs the question, when was the last time we saw a true possession type receiver for UT? I mean one of those guys we usually see playing for Bama, WKU, or Appy State. You know the guys where if you throw the ball anywhere in their area high, low, across the middle, on the perimeter wherever they come up with a catch?? Who was our last one like this? I can't recall one playing for CBJ yet or Dooley and doesn't sound like we have one on the roster.

Da'Rick under Dooley

Jennings will be that guy IMO

Reactions: 2 people
Underneath the description of every photo it says who the player is. In this case it said #10 Tyler Byrd. He's not a kicker or punter though. They just goofed but it sure looks like a #10 to me but Byrd is the only #10 we have on the roster! Thanks.

First glance certainly does make it appear to be a 10.

QB Quinten Dormady:
92abef76075a10c2aa45285ddedc2365.png

Quinten Dormady sure looks the part yall. I think he got a little leaner and stronger this year as well cause he did not look this cut up last year.

Dude looks ready for primetime. As long as the offensive line improves, he could have a huge season. He doesn't have Dobbs elusiveness in the pocket so a strong o-line will be key to his success. Lets hope the guys up front have improved or else it'll be a tough season for us offensively without the threat of Dobbs running ability.

Last edited:
Da'Rick under Dooley

Jennings will be that guy IMO

I think Jennings could be that guy, just haven't consistently seen it yet. We need another fo' sho'! DaRick? I had to go back and read through some of his stats and I agree, he may have been our last big time receiver although this stat is touted:

His 5.6 catches per game and 86.7 yards per game both ranked second in the SEC to J. Wright of Arkansas

It just seems we run into guys every year who are more like Da'Rick than our guys are. We need more guys catching 5 or 6 balls a game on average. We've had guys targeted with balls to them and drop as many or more than they catch, they need to be sitting in the stands with their girlfriend, the guy with 50 total some odd catches and 5 total TDs in 4 years on The Hill returning for his senior year. meh

When i was reading your post Robert Meachum is the one that came to mind. Anywhere near him he seemed to come up with it and was heavily targeted it seemed. Maybe D Rodgers too. Been too long either way. Maybe JJ becomes that guy but way too many drops and bad passes vs air so far.

We're about to become Quarterback U guys. I love what I'm seeing from Dormady this spring. I think he could be the Mitch Trubisky of next season. A guy who has been a backup for a few years that will have NFL scouts buzzing once he starts to play. And y'all know I've always been high on Jarrett. His potential is astronomical.

It's not impossible to think that we could have 3 guys in a row play QB for us and get drafted in the 1st-2nd round. Dobbs will be a late 1st/early 2nd round pick this year. With a great season Dormady could leave early and also be a 1st-2nd round pick in 2018 and then in 2019 Guarantano could follow suit.

I love the natural talent we have at the position.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back