Powell, Limbaugh, and Cheney

lawgator1

I know we have some threads on these folks already, but I found the news in this story so telling that it deserved its own thread.

Among Republicans, Powell, Cheney, and Limbaugh all have favorability ratings in the 60's.

But when you go to the public, in general, Powell is in the 70's, whereas both Limbaugh and Cheney are in the 30's!!!

A stark contrast, and one that says a lot about the divide within the Republican party. But hey, you Rush fans and Bush admin apologists keep shoving guys like Powell to the side. If you need extra bullets for your game of political Russian Roulette, guess you need to put them on order given the shortage.

Analysis: Powell flap gets GOP to ask 'What kind of party are we?' - CNN.com

You are the biggest Rush Limbaugh fan on this board and the competition is not close.

I'm tired of shoving Powell to the side, I wish he'd go ahead and fall over the cliff.

Bush was barely a conservative, sure he was good on the military and on tax cuts, but in most other things he was fairly center-right. He got beat up over federal funding for stem cell research, but that was a fake issue to begin with since there was plenty of privately funded research and he didn't end research on existing lines.

it's obvious that LG has never once listened to Rush, instead he prefers to get his information from places like MediaMatters. Rush was NEVER a water carrier for the GOP, anybody who has actually listened to his show would know that.

What about Huckabee? Personally i like him better then the rest of them. Fair tax is a great idea, vertical politics as compared to worrying about whether something is right or left worry about if it makes our country better or worse?

I know we have some threads on these folks already, but I found the news in this story so telling that it deserved its own thread.

Among Republicans, Powell, Cheney, and Limbaugh all have favorability ratings in the 60's.

But when you go to the public, in general, Powell is in the 70's, whereas both Limbaugh and Cheney are in the 30's!!!

A stark contrast, and one that says a lot about the divide within the Republican party. But hey, you Rush fans and Bush admin apologists keep shoving guys like Powell to the side. If you need extra bullets for your game of political Russian Roulette, guess you need to put them on order given the shortage.

The steady stream of Limbaugh threads you start on this board is becoming exceedingly ridiculous, as well as laughable.

do you even know what his beliefs are?

is he for illegal allien amnesty? what are his views on taxes?

what are his views on government controlling private businesses.

what are his views on quotas?

the only thing i know about him is that he's pro abortion.

no one presses him on any of this stuff, no one really knows his beliefs, he served this country well for years and that's what people see. as long as he's bashing his party, no media type will question his beliefs or stance on issues.

this guy talks about the republicans needing reach out,

my question is what values do the republicans need to compromise to get more votes? if the republicans have to act like democrats to get votes, then what the point of being a republican.

at least with Rush, you know where he stands.

also, powell had his type of man running for the republican party, a moderate. he still did not vote for him. he voted for hussein because he was black. he just needs to cross over and be a full time democrat

Last edited:

VN Store

Back