POTS is huge disappointment.

82_VOL_83

Just wanna be a Brock-Star!
I see that they have perpetuated the Salute To The Donors. I had hoped with the finish of the construction that the lost tradition of the Salute to the Hill would return. Sadly, the POTS has continued the cessation of a once great tradition. SMDH

The part of Andy Holt behind the new student union will be a walkway soon, therefore eliminating that part of the old parade route.

I just wish they would quit playing rocky top when we are on offense.

Even Butch was trying to wave it down.

Reactions: 4 people
The part of Andy Holt behind the new student union will be a walkway soon, therefore eliminating that part of the old parade route.

It already is. They could march to what used to be the corner of Andy Holt and Phil Fulmer, play to the nearly thousand people lining the street and flyover, reverse field, and match into the stadium. Stop making excuses for the destruction of tradition.

Reactions: 1 person
It already is. They could march to what used to be the corner of Andy Holt and Phil Fulmer, play to the nearly thousand people lining the street and flyover, reverse field, and match into the stadium. Stop making excuses for the destruction of tradition.

What are you talking about? They took the traditional route, turned at Andy Holt, marched over the walkway, down to Phil Fulmer, performed Salute to the Hill, then went into the stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8yZSxFaaRM

Pride of the Southland Band to take different route this weekend

CPMjdOVWIAAVKu4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
What are you talking about? They took the traditional route, turned at Andy Holt, marched over the walkway, down to Phil Fulmer, performed Salute to the Hill, then went into the stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8yZSxFaaRM

Pride of the Southland Band to take different route this weekend

CPMjdOVWIAAVKu4.jpg

Wasn't the route taken all last year or at the OK game. Glad my rants on VN had some effect. You should be saying thank-you vs asking silly questions.

How did this work by the way. And how can you salute the hill from the inside?

Last edited:
What's classless is the visiting team to come out of the tunnel right before we do, while the Pride is about to open the T. That's our tradition!! The other team could care less about our home stadium, I say stop playing their fight song.

Reactions: 5 people
It is a classy act to play the other team's fight song. What is classless is fans booing the visiting team coming onto the field.

If you don't bleed orange then get the heck off our field. They come into our house, wanting to take away what our team has worked so hard for, heck yea I'm going to boo them

Reactions: 1 person
If you don't bleed orange then get the heck off our field. They come into our house, wanting to take away what our team has worked so hard for, heck yea I'm going to boo them

When you grow up you will realize that these games are not war. The opposing team has fans just like you and me. They love their team just like we do the Vols The opposing team works just as hard as the Volunteers do. The opposing team are a bunch of kids who strive to be successful in either academics or professional sports. They run the risk of a life threatening physical injury for your entertainment.

But when is it that you should question someone's fandom because they do not think the way that you do? Are you really that closed minded? No wonder you boo these hard working kids.

Reactions: 4 people
Wasn't the route taken all last year or at the OK game. Glad my rants on VN had some effect. You should be saying thank-you vs asking silly questions.

How did this work by the way. And how can you salute the hill from the inside?

The route change had to do with the fact that the entire Salute to the Hill area was a construction zone. It was a natural change to turn down Peyton Manning Pass. Going across the bridge probably didn't occur to folks, either. It'd hadn't to me. From what I've heard, it worked out just fine last weekend.

I agree and also stop playing the opposing team's fight song when they bring a band.

Absolutely not. Every Pride member takes it as a point of pride to play the opponent's fight song BETTER than their band can. Then we punctuate the opposing fans' fleeting moment of happiness with C-Page (Rocky Top).

It's a special moment in football game day pageantry.

Reactions: 9 people
What's classless is the visiting team to come out of the tunnel right before we do, while the Pride is about to open the T. That's our tradition!! The other team could care less about our home stadium, I say stop playing their fight song.

Many years ago teams would come onto the field before we opened the T but they stopped doing that when they realized the intimidating thunder when the Vols run through the T. Coaches would intentionally keep the visiting team in the dressing room or tunnel until UT was on the field.

If you notice now that teams who have not played in Neyland are the ones who come onto the field before the T opens. That roar is intimidating.

Absolutely not. Every Pride member takes it as a point of pride to play the opponent's fight song BETTER than their band can. Then we punctuate the opposing fans' fleeting moment of happiness with C-Page (Rocky Top).

It's a special moment in football game day pageantry.

Amen. The tradition of playing the opposing fight song is older than the vast majority of the posters on here. I can't believe someone would even suggest ending it.

Reactions: 5 people
Many years ago teams would come onto the field before we opened the T but they stopped doing that when they realized the intimidating thunder when the Vols run through the T. Coaches would intentionally keep the visiting team in the dressing room or tunnel until UT was on the field.

If you notice now that teams who have not played in Neyland are the ones who come onto the field before the T opens. That roar is intimidating.

Okay thanks for the info, now I learned something new. 👍

VN Store

Back