(Potential) Chicago Riots

Shall I re-post the videos of that one shooting where the first video gives an incomplete version?

I worry that people see videos and think that's is all there is. Worse yet, videos from a perspective other than the one that matters.

Reactions: 1 person
Had a knife huh? Shoot the little bastard in both freaking legs. Shooting him 16 times is not the right thing to do here.

You don't fire your gun at someone unless you're trying to kill them. Shooting people in the leg is a silly Wyatt Earp fantasy.

If he was wielding a knife at the officers aggressively, I think either a taser or deadly force would be justified depending on the exact situation. In my opinion, deadly force would be justified if he was actively attacking the police with the weapon, but not if, let's say, he was just standing/pacing with it in his hand, making threats or whatever.

Based on everything I've read so far, and the overall tone of this situation, deadly force was likely not required here. Sounds like another sad example who of cops who are not mentally equipped to hold their positions. 16 shots certainly points to overzealous behavior. I imagine the video will be damning.

Shall I re-post the videos of that one shooting where the first video gives an incomplete version?

I worry that people see videos and think that's is all there is. Worse yet, videos from a perspective other than the one that matters.

That is basically what the cop's lawyer said. He told the media the video has no audio and is from a police dash cam and from a different angle from his client. It does speak volumes though he was the only one that fired that night.

That is basically what the cop's lawyer said. He told the media the video has no audio and is from a police dash cam and from a different angle from his client. It does speak volumes though he was the only one that fired that night.

All the more reason he should have had a personal camera. Of course, it could have easily been on the fritz that specific day, as dash cams sometimes are. Or so it's claimed.

Why do the handful of police shootings elicit such a response, but the other 450 homicides in Chicago barely get a mention? A young black man's #1 cause of death is other young black men. I know it's more sensational to pretend law enforcement is executing innocent men by the truckload, but LEO shootings make up a very small percentage of homicides. And the overwhelming number of those are justified.

Reactions: 2 people
Goodnight agent, unlike you, I have some productive work to do tomorrow morning.

Good night, sweet wizard.

giphy.gif

Why do the handful of police shootings elicit such a response, but the other 450 homicides in Chicago barely get a mention? A young black man's #1 cause of death is other young black men. I know it's more sensational to pretend law enforcement is executing innocent men by the truckload, but LEO shootings make up a very small percentage of homicides. And the overwhelming number of those are justified.
How is hard to understand the cops have to be better then the public?

The officer will be turning himself in at noon and should be charged shortly after his bond hearing.

Nothing is makes more sense than burning down your community you do t own... A great way to upgrade your free housing

Source: Chicago Officer Could Be Indicted In Fatal Shooting On Tuesday « CBS Chicago

A judge ruled that Chicago and CPD has to release the video of the police shooting of 17 year Laquan McDonald by Wednesday. He was shot 16 times, with some in the back. From what I'm seeing this is going to be the worst one yet. The release seems to have everyone spooked and on edge. Plus the family said they don't even want it released because they are afraid of their neighborhood burning.

President Obama readying the Justice Department Task Force and preparing his speech on the issue

Obviously a tragedy when any life is lost, but why is it always about a black man being killed by police? Don't give a **** if I get bashed, but where are the stories of caucasians, asians, Hispanics and others getting the short end of the stick when law is enforced? This is beyond old...

What is your point? It seems like you are trying to deflect from this specific incident.

Riot away!

Rioters..there is a nice Neiman Marcus and Nike store near Michigan street. Get your looting bags ready!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back