Potential Alum Head Coaches

Tee Martin? He will get a chance somewhere sooner or later. I hope CBJ coaches for a long time or does so well he gets an NFL job. Had enough instability the last 12 years.

Tee Martin couldn't carry Derek Dooley's jock!!

No way he gets a chance here after thumbing his nose at us.

Tee Martin couldn't carry Derek Dooley's jock!!

No way he gets a chance here after thumbing his nose at us.

Our AD was about to hire a guy to be the boss of a position he was fired from so never say never.

Thinking back to the glory years we not only had two back to back coaches who were Tennessee Alums but they were HC's for a long time and hailed from Tennessee.

With that said, are there any Tennessee Alums out there waiting in the wind?

Seems like that Clausen kid that won alot of games (Casey) is proving to be good!

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150824/casey-clausen-leading-calabasas-football-culture-change

So, are you saying Tennessee should hire a HS coach just because he played here? Next time Tennessee hire an AD, don't send in your resume. That would qualify as tree abuse.

Reactions: 1 person
The "legend" of Gruden is greater than Gruden the coach. No way he returns to coaching.

Gruden is making way too much money NOT coaching. If he returns to coaching and blows it, he loses all the credibility fans perceive he has. The only way he burns his career faster is to make like Jimmy the Greek.

No means no, boys.

That isn't an article. It's a joke. Any article that suggests Lane Kiffin returns to Knoxville to coach the Vols has zero credibility.

UUUhhhhhh....They were talking about Jim Bob returning to coach. not Kiffin.

Tee will be our head coach whenever Butch gets fired.

Great idea. Let's bring in somebody who has never been a head coach at any level...and a coordinator for only a limited time...and then when it returns us to Dooleyan depths blame the AD for hiring a coach with no experience.

Do you people ever pause to think before you click the "Submit Post" button?

Great idea. Let's bring in somebody who has never been a head coach at any level...and a coordinator for only a limited time...and then when it returns us to Dooleyan depths blame the AD for hiring a coach with no experience.

If CBJ is here for 10 more years and then moves on to the NFL after winning 3 or 4 NCs and Tee gets a HC job in the next 2 years and tears it up.

Whenever could be a long time from now.

Last edited:

I think the thread is titles "POTENTIAL" "ALUM" coaches. Not titled any ole coach. Not titled ALL potential coaches.

Could be wrong. Look at thread and correct me if I am.

And you know this how?

- Going for 1 when we needed two
- Running from shotgun within the 5 yard line
- Calling for a 3 yard pass when you need 10 for a first down, on third down
- Getting out-strategized by Muschamp.

We did not need 2 at the time. We were ahead by 13 after the kick. This is only an issue because we lost by 1. Saban went for 1 when up by 6 to be up by 13. Alabama won so not an issue. I've seen just as many coaches go for 1 as I have seen them go for 2. The call is normally based on the flow of the game.

Sumlin did this on a 4th down play with Texas A&M and they scored. Many teams do this. Why call out Jones for something that is typical play calling for most offenses that operate out of the shotgun.

It was meant to be a catch and run play. Sometimes those work, sometimes that don't. Calling for a 10 to 15 yard pass would be predictably and may have not worked either. It was a gamble. Had the play call been a 11 yard pass and the pass was over thrown or dropped - you would be complaining about that.

I'll give you this one though I think this had more to do with the players than the coaches. Every coach has at least one other coach that has his number. For Saban is has been Freeze. For Spurrier it was Jones. For Jones it is apparently Muschamp.

These are all strategy decisions. They do not exemplify a lack of knowledge of "x's and o's." Maybe you should stay in the peanut gallery?

What do you think X's and O's are?

Exactly what they are described as being. Understanding play diagrams, assignments and formations shown by X's and O's. And how such assignments and formations change based on what is happening on the other side of the ball.

Exactly what they are described as being. Understanding play diagrams, assignments and formations shown by X's and O's. And how such assignments and formations change based on what is happening on the other side of the ball.

Which is strategy. X's and O's are how a coach uses his players to beat the other team. Jones has proven he is not good with X's and O's.

VN Store

Back