Posts and double posts

McDad

I can't brain today; I has the dumb.
A few times the last couple of weeks, the post will show the "processing" icon but never complete the process. The message is posted so when I do it again, we get a double post.

eta. on Chromebook.

A few times the last couple of weeks, the post will show the "processing" icon but never complete the process. The message is posted so when I do it again, we get a double post.

eta. on Chromebook.
yes

How do I underline something? Using chrome if that matters.
Two ways, easier first:

Highlight what you want to underline. A box pops up. Click Select (not Select All.) When it’s highlighted, a box pops up again. Hit the arrow to the right in the box until you see Format. Click that. A new box pops up; click Underline.

Second method, if you have problems with the options boxes: See the three dots between the I and the link symbol? Tap the three dots and you’ll see this:
1701889241032.png
See the U over to the right?

Highlight what you want to copy (hover over it until options like Paste etc pop up. Click Select to highlight.)

Once it’s highlighted, tap the U and it should underline what you selected.

How do I underline something? Using chrome if that matters.
And if you want to go old skool HTML code:

1701890019324.png
When you preview or post, you’ll see this instead:

what you want to underline

1701890223028.png
Don’t forget to “undo” [/u] <- or i, or s, or b, or you’ll have an awful mess.

Sometimes html is a lot quicker than all the hover-click stuff.

And if you want to go old skool HTML code:

View attachment 600413
When you preview or post, you’ll see this instead:

what you want to underline

View attachment 600414
Don’t forget to “undo” [/u] <- or i, or s, or b, or you’ll have an awful mess.

Sometimes html is a lot quicker than all the hover-click stuff.
The 2nd method is the simplest one for me.
Thanks.

Reactions: VolNExile
Two ways, easier first:

Highlight what you want to underline. A box pops up. Click Select (not Select All.) When it’s highlighted, a box pops up again. Hit the arrow to the right in the box until you see Format. Click that. A new box pops up; click Underline.

Second method, if you have problems with the options boxes: See the three dots between the I and the link symbol? Tap the three dots and you’ll see this:
View attachment 600411
See the U over to the right?

Highlight what you want to copy (hover over it until options like Paste etc pop up. Click Select to highlight.)

Once it’s highlighted, tap the U and it should underline what you selected.
How did I miss the 3 dots that allow the Underline. Just one of those mental blocks. I don't recall seeing two sets of three dots. Ever.

Reactions: VolNExile
How did I miss the 3 dots that allow the Underline. Just one of those mental blocks. I don't recall seeing two sets of three dots. Ever.
After the upgrade, all this area changed. I said Many Bad Words before I got used to it.

I still have to think a sec before remembering how to preview. RIP, Preview button.

Reactions: Go aeiou

VN Store

Back