Post who you think should make the hall on this ballot

lukeneyland

God Save the Heup
I’m starting to resent the process of selecting who makes it but I love baseball so here’s who I’d vote for this year(Shilling, Bonds, Clemons, Sosa, Ortiz, Wagner, Sheffield, Jones, Arod, Kent ). Post your 10 I’m interested to know what y’all think

I’m starting to resent the process of selecting who makes it but I love baseball so here’s who I’d vote for this year(Shilling, Bonds, Clemons, Sosa, Ortiz, Wagner, Sheffield, Jones, Arod, Kent ). Post your 10 I’m interested to know what y’all think

The only issue I have is If your going to put everyone in then do it don’t pick and choose. A lot of players cheat or have cheated. Some got special privileges some didn’t. If it’s been over a long period of time they deserve to be in. Stop holding them out because in the voters minds it’s still a “clean game”.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Pete Rose*
Roger Clemons
Barry Bonds
Sammy Sosa
Gary Sheffield
Manny Ramirez
Andruw Jones
Alex Rodriguez
Curt Schilling
Billy Wagner
Todd Helton

Reactions: lukeneyland
The only issue I have is If your going to put everyone in then do it don’t pick and choose. A lot of players cheat or have cheated. Some got special privileges some didn’t. If it’s been over a long period of time they deserve to be in. Stop holding them out because in the voters minds it’s still a “clean game”.
I agree there’s no consistency in their logic. The only thing I’d take into account with Steroids is the dudes that didn’t take them and still performed well in that should receive a boost. Al Leiter stands out to me as someone that should have been rewarded for playing clean against roided batters

Pete Rose*
Roger Clemons
Barry Bonds
Sammy Sosa
Gary Sheffield
Manny Ramirez
Andruw Jones
Alex Rodriguez
Curt Schilling
Billy Wagner
Todd Helton
It’s time for Pete Rose. It’s not as if Manfred is a baseball purist anyway I’m not even sure if Manfred likes baseball

I agree there’s no consistency in their logic. The only thing I’d take into account with Steroids is the dudes that didn’t take them and still performed well in that should receive a boost. Al Leiter stands out to me as someone that should have been rewarded for playing clean against roided batters
There actually is consistency in their logic. Their logic is if we didn't like you + you have baggage that we can use as an excuse, then you don't get in the HoF. That's particularly true in the case of Bonds. If Bonds had the jovial personality, was beloved by a city, etc. of Ortiz, he'd 100% be in.

This is media folks getting their rocks off on getting to be a gatekeeper to a club and making distinctions without differences...because they can.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I must be missing something why is Schilling being held out?
Great (but not incredible) stats + political statements he's made and the fact he was an a**hole to the media and teammates for most of his playing career.

With the political statements he's made that many of the writers don't like, it probably would take Schilling being a top 5 pitcher all-time to get in.

Last edited:
Great (but not incredible) stats + political statements he's made and the fact he was an a**hole to the media and teammates for most of his playing career.

With the political statements he's made that many of the writers don't like, it probably would take Schilling being a top 5 pitcher all-time to get in.

I did forget about public political statements. What a shame.

VN Store

Back