Post Game Thoughts

VOLinAL

Here are some of my thoughts since I had to leave the game early to go to work. This is based off the first half.

Our offense is no where near a hurry up should be. I keep hearing all the announcers say "Here they go!" (be the first two games) and then they have to wait for a play call or audible. Oregon steps to the line and runs a play almost instantly. Wore us down fast and got us out of position alot. So I do believe our defense will look a little better against any other offense.

Worley isnt the answer and I have said it from day one. No arm talent. We need to have the threat of a mobile QB or one that can scorch a D through the air. Worley is reminding me of Simms. A tad better though.

Lane needs to start at the tailback position. Doesnt need an explanation.

Game management from a coaching standpoint was horrible. Dont really feel like explaining this either (hint. Punt after punt).

Looking ahead to UF I believe we have a much better shot than we did at Oregon but I would still have to favor UF.

Not in college hes not. All I remember about Simms was holding the ball for a minute and taking sack after sack.

Listening to those freaking announcers about punting made me want to punt my tv. I think it was a good idea we punted. I don't think we could have converted and they would have scored more.

Marlin needs to start and have 80% of the carries.

Reactions: 2 people
Not in college hes not. All I remember about Simms was holding the ball for a minute and taking sack after sack.

Yeah, Simms was running for his life. Worley has all the time in the world. It's different when you know the heats gonna be coming every play. Simms is/was better than arguably the worst QB we've seen at UT in a looooooooong time.

So even when we punt it on 4th n 3 on their 40 yd line and they return it to our 35 yd line how in the hell is that better than going for it on 4th and not converting?

Reactions: 1 person
So even when we punt it on 4th n 3 on their 40 yd line and they return it to our 35 yd line how in the hell is that better than going for it on 4th and not converting?

Exactly. It only took them a little over a minute to score anyways. I don't know how punting prevented Oregon from scoring more points?

Lane doesn't need to start. Lane needs to hit the freaking Hole wide open and not dance around! Do they ever run full speed any more? This screwed up offense that we now have for at least the next 3 season's will not work at all with out a rushing QB to keep them honest

The only thing we need right now is more depth and talent at every position. We have totally abandoned throwing to the tight end on a regular basis. I thought our playing calling was terrible. Ran two running plays all day......to the left, to the right. WOW how awesome !!!!

VN Store

Back