Position NEEDS for Next Year?

We need a serious pass catching TE
Oj Howard type and a ajgreen,Julio Jones type play maker try and load up on line O and D line and start redshirting now that we have little depth maybe take a swing at the #1 Qb prospect that originally committed to ut. After this year and hopefully a SEC east championship should have every big time prospect knocking if not banging on UT's door.

We need a serious pass catching TE
Oj Howard type and a ajgreen,Julio Jones type play maker try and load up on line O and D line and start redshirting now that we have little depth maybe take a swing at the #1 Qb prospect that originally committed to ut. After this year and hopefully a SEC east championship should have every big time prospect knocking if not banging on UT's door.

Those players are real easy to find:crazy:

Good list, spot on. Will say that I don't think we should ever target highschool guards. We should (and you kinda mentioned this) always recruit athletic tackles, let them compete, leave the best at tackle and slide the others inside....that way, you have a stable of versatile, athletic OLs. Jmo.

Is Zach Stewart enrolling this summer or fall? If so, is he projected as a guard or tackle?

RBs 3
LBs 3 or 4
DL 4 or 5
OL 0 goin full Dooley!
WRs 3 or 4
DBs 3 or 4
QBs 1 or 2
LS 2
Holder 2

Seriously:
RBs: we need a top tier stud muffins, take 3, one rocket, one bulldozer, and one 1300 yard all purpose stud
LBs: 2 Kirkland clones and 2 JRM clones

Last edited:
Did we not all think Sutton was close to 100% gone after some people had him going in the 1st round? I'm not saying that he won't go given the opportunity of being a high draft pick. I would be glad for him if he did forego his senior year but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he decided to stay for his last year. Some kids really do love the college life.

Some say Hurd goes pro.

Some say Hurd stays for his senior year.

I will wait to find out what Hurd says.

Is Zach Stewart enrolling this summer or fall? If so, is he projected as a guard or tackle?

Several have said he will be here this summer. Where he lines up? Depends on how well he has worked out and grown during his time away, and where the other OL guys line up. I would think he could do either.

Was told by guys who played against him that he hits like a sledge hammer. Looking forward to see how he does when he gets here.

There's no guarantee Hurd will be leaving. Who knows, he may love UT so much he decides to stay for his senior year. We saw Cam and JRM do it. I do think Kamara is gone since he was already considering this year. We still have Kelly, Young, and now Carlin. I think even if we miss out on a big time RB and just get a quality one we should still be in good shape. Nice to have a backup plan just in case Hurd does leave though.

He may love UT, but he needs to get paid. Lifespan on RB's is like 5 minutes if I were Butch Jones I would tell him to go.

Think LWS said he heard Zach comes in this summer in time for fall camp. Not certain about his position, would assume guard.

QB: 1 - Obvious need here with Dobbs leaving
RB: 2 - Big need here. Kelly is good, would he be ready to take the brunt of it in 2017?
WR: 2 - I think two (highly rated) WR's would be above satisfactory.
TE: 1 - After Wolf, who are we sure of at this position?
OT: 1 - We did great here in '16 and we appear to only be losing Blair before '17
OG: 2 - Venzell did RS. We need to prepare for the future. One could be at center.

DE: 2 - Butcher & Taylor RS'ing helps, but I anticipate losing Barnett, Vereen, & Lewis
DT: 3 - We need two HS DT's and preferably a 3 yr JUCO. Big need here.
LB: 2 - We're loaded. I think we replace the amount we are losing to graduation.
S: 1 - Add one more here.
CB: 1 - I'd like to see a solid corner come in due to Cam leaving. '16 DB class was stout

That's 18, depending on attrition, etc. We might be able to get another one in there. I think this is likely. I could see another interior lineman coming in.

Lets be sober about this. Cam & JRM & Kamara remained at U.T. because their draft projection was not as good as they had hoped. They did not remain here because of their love for U.T. So, my guess is that if Hurd gets a good projection in the draft, then he will leave. Doudt he stays here for the love of U.T.

pure speculation. but thats also what you are good at.

none of us know if these kids (young men) decided on staying or leaving because of draft grades.

all the media..

Come on fellas! We need Peyton as the QB coach. All of the recruiting will fall in place with Butch and Co. Peyton will win the Super Bowl tomorrow and then retire. Butch grabs him and here we go!!!!

Come on fellas! We need Peyton as the QB coach. All of the recruiting will fall in place with Butch and Co. Peyton will win the Super Bowl tomorrow and then retire. Butch grabs him and here we go!!!!
HALF RIGHT HALF WRONG:lolabove:

2017 # Projection-

QB - 1 (Dobbs leaving)
RB - 2 or 3 (if Young can't play again, 3. Hurd/Kamara leaving)
WR - 2 or 3 (Blanc leaving, coaches like having around 12 on the roster)
TE - 1 (Croom leaving, maybe Wolf if amazing year)
OL - 3 (Blair & Wiesman leaving)

DT - 4 (JMO, but 3 HS DT's and 1 JUCO. O'Brien leaves, but potentially 4 leave after 2017. Need strong depth ready after that season)
DE - 3 (Barnett, Vereen, & Lewis leaving)
OLB - 2 (JRM leaving. Bituli & Smith maybe growing into DE's, so a couple more would certainly help)
ILB - 1 (Need a stud behind Kirkland, Bynum leaving)
CB - 2 (Sutton, Foreman leaving. Maybe Martin too)
S - 2 (Nobody leaving, but if elite safeties like Gibbs, Stevens, and Okudah are interested, you take them)

K - 1 (Medley will be a senior, need another top kicker to come in and prepare for the job in 2018)

VQ, Bob Welton, Doug Mathews and others have said that this 2017 class will be another big class after a small one in 2016. I'm just guessing at a 25 man class that should cover most all roster needs. Excited to see this staff piece together what should be an elite class.

VN Store

Back