Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

I never really used to care one way or another but through them winning the WBB and college baseball championships, their fans have found a renewed obnoxiousness and I really just hate them now.
They believe their birthright is national championships where baseball is concerned. I’ve met some of their fans, and while some are pretty obnoxious, many are nice folks who are very baseball knowledgeable. They certainly support their team and travel well. Otherwise, I hope we kick the ever living crap out of them in every sport.

They believe their birthright is national championships where baseball is concerned. I’ve met some of their fans, and while some are pretty obnoxious, many are nice folks who are very baseball knowledgeable. They certainly support their team and travel well. Otherwise, I hope we kick the ever living crap out of them in every sport.

Let's stomp on the Tigers in Death Valley and at Alex Box Stadium.

Just had a conversation with someone close to the situation. I expect a decision this evening sometime around 7-8 (my best guess). It's always been TN/LSU for Holman but Mississippi State has simply not gone away. That staff has done a really solid job connecting with the kid and have refused to back down. I've been told that a decision was still not made as of this morning and I have not been told one way or the other this afternoon. He's been working himself to make a call today. He's comfortable with all three choices.

This will still come down to connections in my opinion and his best friend is now in Baton Rouge. Talk about feeling at home. He's also gotten to know and spend three weeks with Drew Beam and that's gone a long way. I feel like the family would prefer TN (closer to home) or Mississippi State (closer to his sister), but family is good with all three and what he will get there. Luke likes all three but I think it's always been LSU/TN for him because of connections. Regardless, it's going to be a close call. We will see what happens but I will remind you what I was mentioned earlier today, That source said the vibe is LSU. We will see. I expect this thing to wrap tonight.

- Eric Cain

This is a very long way to say “most likely LSU” but I do wonder if we still have a shot here. Not going to get my hopes up.

He'd get better coaching in Knoxville

Ever heard of Paul Skeenes?
He won’t get the coaching Skenes got. He’ll get Yeskie, who’s SEC resume is short, but not that impressive in 1 year at AM where the team ERA was nearly 6. He was impressive at Oregon State but west coast offenses aren’t on the same level as the SEC.

My friends tell me they know but I won't tell what my friends know. But you will know by the end of the week. My friends have been dead on so far so I'm assuming they are dead on with this one also. Maybe some of ya'lls friends are tired of telling ya'll stuff and then it being on here before it gets out. Eventually your friends won't tell you anything. I've got a few friends that don't get told anything anymore. I'm guessing by this afternoon you will get your answers to how far south he is going.
Not sure what all the snide remarks the last week have been referring to, but I don’t have to post on here if it irks you that badly. The whole point of boards like this is to pass on what you are hearing/know and discuss it. It’s pretty easy to sift through who is full of BS and who’s not

UT isn't on the same level yet, especially in baseball NIL. LSU made a conscious decision to buy championships in some niche sports. Tony will be fine in the end but it is a fact that LSU has now beaten us for Xavier pitcher, Holman, Skenes, and Tanks. The last two are the difference between a national title or not for both schools.
You are not the brightest

Excellent and fair take. They are annoying but you have to admire their passion for it.

They are not too dissimilar to the fans and experts that I see post on this board.

Excellent and fair take. They are annoying but you have to admire their passion for it.

They are not too dissimilar to the fans and experts that I see post on this board.

LSU fans are very dissimilar to posters on this board. As a group, LSU fans are the most obnoxious in the SEC.

UT isn't on the same level yet, especially in baseball NIL. LSU made a conscious decision to buy championships in some niche sports. Tony will be fine in the end but it is a fact that LSU has now beaten us for Xavier pitcher, Holman, Skenes, and Tanks. The last two are the difference between a national title or not for both schools.
Tanks wanted to be guaranteed a starting spot at 3B and CTV wouldn’t guarantee that with Zane coming in, who he felt was a better defender. Zane’s career fielding % of .962 vs Tanks .934 says he was grounded in telling Tanks you’re likely not playing 3B but you can come here and hit and try to earn a spot in the field.

He'd get better coaching in Knoxville

Ever heard of Paul Skeenes?
I, for one, have never heard of this Skeenes fellow. He sounds hideous.

Paul Skenes, otoh, was a pretty good pitcher for LSU last season. Good enough to get his pitching coach a head coaching gig at another school.

Tanks wanted to be guaranteed a starting spot at 3B and CTV wouldn’t guarantee that with Zane coming in, who he felt was a better defender. Zane’s career fielding % of .962 vs Tanks .934 says he was grounded in telling Tanks you’re likely not playing 3B but you can come here and hit and try to earn a spot in the field.
While this might be true, I don’t think it can excuse the Tommy white thing. LSU beat TN there. Skenes is a whole different story. LSU very well could win out on Holman.

LSU is a great program and it’s not that weird for kids to want to go there. TN is a great program and wins more than their fair share of major recruiting battles over guys lsu is very in on too.

Also just want to say that not everytime a guy picks another school does that mean the other school just gave them more money nor does it mean that TN dropped the ball on a recruitment. Sometimes guys love multiple schools and like one just a touch better (or in Holmans case if he does go to lsu have a best friend or friends that play there). I say this to say that if lsu beats out TN for Holman it’s not because lsu is a “way better program” or that TV and FA didn’t do everything they could. Sometimes with guys who can go anywhere they want you won’t win, just the reality. Tony and Frank crushed this recruitment like they do pretty much every recruitment and if they don’t get the kid then it wasn’t meant to be. The fruits of their work on the recruiting trail the last few years make it to where they’re totally fine if they don’t land Holman

I hope that in everyone we play, no matter the sport. I don't care if we're playing Mother Teresa's School of Nuns, I want every Tennessee team to beat the crap out of whomever they're playing.

I haven’t heard the fat lady sing yet. Shoot, I haven’t even seen her around lately.
Yeah I’m not giving up on it yet either. I feel worse than I did earlier in the week, and my friend doesn’t know same as Stoerners friends don’t know, but I do know that they felt great about this recruitment for a long time and I won’t count them out until it’s officially announced

While this might be true, I don’t think it can excuse the Tommy white thing. LSU beat TN there. Skenes is a whole different story. LSU very well could win out on Holman.

LSU is a great program and it’s not that weird for kids to want to go there. TN is a great program and wins more than their fair share of major recruiting battles over guys lsu is very in on too.

Also just want to say that not everytime a guy picks another school does that mean the other school just gave them more money nor does it mean that TN dropped the ball on a recruitment. Sometimes guys love multiple schools and like one just a touch better (or in Holmans case if he does go to lsu have a best friend or friends that play there). I say this to say that if lsu beats out TN for Holman it’s not because lsu is a “way better program” or that TV and FA didn’t do everything they could. Sometimes with guys who can go anywhere they want you won’t win, just the reality. Tony and Frank crushed this recruitment like they do pretty much every recruitment and if they don’t get the kid then it wasn’t meant to be. The fruits of their work on the recruiting trail the last few years make it to where they’re totally fine if they don’t land Holman

LSU and Tennessee don’t go H2H on every transfer - or many transfers.

Ahuna, Skenes, White last year.
Loer, Holman this year.

5 of 20 transfers that the 2 schools signed the past 2 years. That may be more H2H than any other combo of schools, but for the most part - both are getting who they want.

That came from Vitello Sr directly to me that White wanted to play 3B and CTV told him it was likely not to happen (or at minimum wouldn’t be guaranteed). If he could beat out Zane then so be it. Also said the more time he (CTV) spent around him or saw his personality the less of a “loss” it appeared it would be if he didn’t come to UT.

That came from Vitello Sr directly to me that White wanted to play 3B and CTV told him it was likely not to happen (or at minimum wouldn’t be guaranteed). If he could beat out Zane then so be it. Also said the more time he (CTV) spent around him or saw his personality the less of a “loss” it appeared it would be if he didn’t come to UT.

White was quietly suspended during SEC Championship in Hoover. He’s not a high character guy to say the least. His bat is stellar but I’m glad we had a super high character guy and big bat in Denton.

VN Store

Back